Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: An example
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am 
Site Admin

… of why local and regional newspapers are going down the tubes. Who would actually pay money for boilerplate crap that includes this sentence: "But Professor Le Quere believes they are winning the fight for the public's support in tackling climate change".

It is actually the case that the media – and especially the local media, which is supposedly closer to its audiences – has completely lost touch. They are driving themselves into oblivion.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: An example
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 am 

I sent this letter to the dreadful Hampshire Chronicle in July, and, to their credit, they published it!

Sir,
There was something very wrong with my copy of the Hampshire Chronicle last week. I read it, as usual, cover to cover, but could only find one tiny mention of 'Winchester Action on Climate Change' - it was nothing more than one column-inch tucked away ignominiously at the bottom of page 15! Do you not realise that thousands of your readers look forward every week to the 'Chicken Licken Column', where the latest press release from WinACC is shamelessly cut and pasted by the Chronicle and prominently printed as 'news'? Let's hope that things return to normal soon.
Yours faithfully,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Charlie wrote:
I sent this letter to the dreadful Hampshire Chronicle in July, and, to their credit, they published it!

Sir,
There was something very wrong with my copy of the Hampshire Chronicle last week. I read it, as usual, cover to cover, but could only find one tiny mention of 'Winchester Action on Climate Change' - it was nothing more than one column-inch tucked away ignominiously at the bottom of page 15! Do you not realise that thousands of your readers look forward every week to the 'Chicken Licken Column', where the latest press release from WinACC is shamelessly cut and pasted by the Chronicle and prominently printed as 'news'? Let's hope that things return to normal soon.
Yours faithfully,

My guess is they didn't realise it was irony.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am 

I wondered, at first - and given her name, if it was a spoof article! But sadly it seems not - they are like bulldogs who have us by the jugular and will not let go till we have bled to death. The idea that China will follow the West in its idiot suicidal ways shows just why China is booming and we are crashing!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:29 am 

Ian E wrote:
I wondered, at first - and given her name, if it was a spoof article! But sadly it seems not - they are like bulldogs who have us by the jugular and will not let go till we have bled to death. The idea that China will follow the West in its idiot suicidal ways shows just why China is booming and we are crashing!

You're right... the thing reads like a Saturday Night Live script. How many times have we been told that this is absolutely, positively the LAST opportunity to save the planet? I've honestly lost track!

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:40 am 

You need to remember that the EDP (and the Evening News) are produced by the Archant group, who have on their board Richard Jewson, HM Lord-Lieutenant of Norfolk. He is also on the board of the UEA and has connections with many "Green" organisations.

http://www.stopcp.com/cpclimategate.php

I will say that both these papers reporting of Climate related stories has changed significantly over the last 2 years. When CG1 broke there was virtually no mention in either of them for several days, and then it was only tiny 2 or 3 line snippets. However, this time they both had quarter page stories the following day, and I've also been surprised by the number of critical letters I have managed to get published this year. But they also carry job vacancies for the UEA on a regular basis, so must be under pressure not to bite the hand that feeds...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:20 pm 

I have a theory about the Professor. I bet Nick Clegg worries that when the euro goes so does the EU and his pension from his time as an MEP follows behind.

Well it's all down to grubby money. I see the Prof works for the IPCC, what a gold mine! Just look at her CV, there's nothing else she could do. Remember all those nature programmes on the BBC? The very survival of an entire species of scientist is at stake!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 pm 

dave ward wrote:
You need to remember that the EDP (and the Evening News) are produced by the Archant group, who have on their board Richard Jewson, HM Lord-Lieutenant of Norfolk. He is also on the board of the UEA and has connections with many "Green" organisations.

http://www.stopcp.com/cpclimategate.php

I will say that both these papers reporting of Climate related stories has changed significantly over the last 2 years. When CG1 broke there was virtually no mention in either of them for several days, and then it was only tiny 2 or 3 line snippets. However, this time they both had quarter page stories the following day, and I've also been surprised by the number of critical letters I have managed to get published this year. But they also carry job vacancies for the UEA on a regular basis, so must be under pressure not to bite the hand that feeds...

The Lord-Lieutenant of Norfolk is a classic example of why we do not have a truly free press. Anybody who thinks we do then needs to get real. I would imagine that they have to have the CG2 articles because they realised that outside of their bubble, more and more people are very sceptical so they play at providing objective reporting. If the Eastern Daily Press were truly not in cahoots with UEA, then it would have made front page news.

I see the few comments are critical of our Corinne:

From Andy - "On re-reading the quotation the professor has made, I think it may be wrong to say she is wrong about everything. After all she is quoted as saying that if China went to zero emissions it would have huge consequences. Quite correct one would have thought but the chinese are too clever to buy into that sort of nonsense."

From Albert - "Global Warming and then renamed Climate Change,for political reasons....so lets consruct more Windmills and charge the cost with a stealth tax on our enegy bills.Oh yes lets have a conference at some far flung country,to which all the Green People can fly to to spout more of the same ! "

and the reply from Andy - "Albert, there is nothing wrong whatsoever in having scientists, politicians, etc flying out to far flung places for a conference. It is flying or letting them back that's the problem. If they really want to be green they can walk back. And if we do let them back we should certainly not listen to anything they say or give them any authority. "

Warmists really are losing the argument are they not? Hopefully they will lose their jobs soon. Just like those working in the music depart at UEA which I see is to close:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/education/s ... _1_1138982

This quote from Jewson is particularly annoying: "Chairman of the university council Richard Jewson said: “It is a sad day when a school is to close, but particularly one which is held in such affection, and it gives us no pleasure to make this decision.

“But council members believe that it would be irresponsible to ignore the danger signals highlighted by the review. The university cannot afford to continue to subsidise a school where the future prospects are so challenging, and this is the best way we can safeguard and strengthen other humanities subjects.”

So a department of music, and music gives pleasure to millions is to close whilst "other humanities subjects" (ie CRU) are to continue to receive lavish funding. If I lived in Norwich I would bloody protest too. These warmists really have no shame do they?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:28 pm 

Corinne Le Quere, arrogance know thine face.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:49 pm 

I might have spoken too soon in my earlier comments - tonight's Norwich Evening News has more climate change rubbish. The Tyndall centre refutes the Mail's claim about BBC bias:
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/uea ... _1_1138178

Then pupils get the low-down on green energy:
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/pup ... _1_1137996

And a short article and accompanying picture tells how African musicians drummed (sic?) up support for climate change activists in the city centre. This doesn't appear in the online edition, so I've scanned it and uploaded here:
http://i42.tinypic.com/35l5i0x.jpg

The comments to the two linked articles are illuminating - apart from a typical warmist (could it be Zed's Dead Bed in disguise?) most readers seem to have seen through the scam...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 am 

Corinne Le Quere, when you observe her usual captive studies, you can understand her obvious frustrations, no wonder she declaims on such banal and facile inanities, anything else would be too much for her 'audience' to 'imbibe'.

Watching this [below] it's like a sad and underfunded college turned 'university of' freshers week meeting, a stand exhorting students to enlist, on the the Scientologists induction course.

Have a look.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]