Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I think we knew this
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:26 am 
Site Admin

Now the telly is doing the story, the MSM gets interested, confirming the introspective nature of the animal. A bailiff at Rossendales, a debt collection firm that works for almost 150 councils, repeatedly broke the guidelines covering bailiffs, goes the story – thus missing the key issue. This is not a matter of "guidelines". The bailiffs are breaking the law.

John Boast, senior bailiff, for Rossendales, we are told, broke several guidelines, while supposedly "training" an undercover reporter. Although bailiffs are not supposed to approach people at anti-social times, Mr Boast said that he often visited houses at night and on Sundays.

If a debtor is not at home, the bailiff leaves a letter with the time and date of the visit. Debtors are charged £24.50 for the first visit and £18 for the second and are supposed to be given the opportunity of clearing the debt immediately. "If you' re delivering a letter early, you don' t knock", said Mr Boast.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I think we knew this
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:06 am 

Since everyone is so pig ignorant of the law in this area there may be legally enforceable evidence on the TV show??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:20 am 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
Since everyone is so pig ignorant of the law in this area there may be legally enforceable evidence on the TV show??

If there is a "phantom visit" then yes, there is de facto evidence of a crime having been committed.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:55 pm 

I had my CAG email last week which reminded me this programme was about to air.

It appears that it was delayed by two weeks because one of the bailiff firms was trying to stop the programme being shown.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... -announced

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:06 pm 

Richard,
there would not be a Mr. Fawkes registered as a voter in Bradford by any chance ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:45 pm 

It is good to know that Bradford Council have investigated themselves and found themselves not guilty. Even the Krays didn't try to pull that one. Still, I'm sure that Mr Ahmed conducted a thorough and robust inquiry before finding that you are a vexatious little man. I hope you feel ashamed at having wasted his valuable time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

JohnFSK wrote:
It is good to know that Bradford Council have investigated themselves and found themselves not guilty. Even the Krays didn't try to pull that one. Still, I'm sure that Mr Ahmed conducted a thorough and robust inquiry before finding that you are a vexatious little man. I hope you feel ashamed at having wasted his valuable time.

I am ... I am .... PDT_Armataz_01_10

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:50 pm 

Mushtaq Ahmed wrote:
... You are now questioning the Councils impartiality ...

Sharp, isn't he.

Mushtaq Ahmed wrote:
... Please consider this as the Councils final response ...

May I suggest a line from Wesley Snipes, as Blade, in the Film Blade II: 'You obviously do not know who you are fucking with.'

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:11 am 

Quote:
May I suggest a line from Wesley Snipes, as Blade, in the Film Blade II: 'You obviously do not know who you are fucking with.'

Would that be the Wesley snipes who went up against the US Internal Revenue Service?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Mosquito wrote:
Quote:

Would that be the Wesley snipes who went up against the US Internal Revenue Service?

The fiction is much more preferable ... you get to write your own ending.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
Mosquito wrote:
Quote:

Fiction tends to be believable, what we're seeing isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:40 am 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
Mosquito wrote:
Quote:

Fiction tends to be believable, what we're seeing isn't.

Trooo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 pm 

A debt collection/bailiff firm offering commission based on the number of contacts made with alleged debtors will inevitably attract the more "enthusiastic" applicant wanting to exceed targets and maximise their fees by visiting (or not as the case may be) the highest number of "customers" (as Rossendales label them) in the shortest possible time.

It would be naive to think human greed has not been 'taken advantage of' by councils and this incentive offered to earn unlimited pay is exploited by them. But what local authorities don't bank on are the motives behind bailiffs exceeding targets.

They are of course, playing the system and the rhyming up of fees, to the bailiff firm, has more importance than securing debt owed to councils. Local authorities must have cottoned on to this and I wonder if they're impressed that not only are "customers" getting stitched-up by these private enforcement firms but also the councils?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Andfrankly wrote:
A debt collection/bailiff firm offering commission based on the number of contacts made with alleged debtors will inevitably attract the more "enthusiastic" applicant wanting to exceed targets and maximise their fees by visiting (or not as the case may be) the highest number of "customers" (as Rossendales label them) in the shortest possible time.

It would be naive to think human greed has not been 'taken advantage of' by councils and this incentive offered to earn unlimited pay is exploited by them. But what local authorities don't bank on are the motives behind bailiffs exceeding targets.

They are of course, playing the system and the rhyming up of fees, to the bailiff firm, has more importance than securing debt owed to councils. Local authorities must have cottoned on to this and I wonder if they're impressed that not only are "customers" getting stitched-up by these private enforcement firms but also the councils?

That is the issue which I find so offensive. The local authorities are quick to tell people that they must obey the law, and live up to their obligations, yet their whole regime is underwritten by violence, thuggery and illegality. Apart from anything else, they are arch hypocrites.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:31 pm 

Round them all up ...offer them a bonus ..and send them to Greece .. possibly armed ...the french will stump up the bonus

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next