Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Banned
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Compounding their anti-democratic behaviour last month, Bradford MDC has now "reviewed" its own decision not to supply me with information under the Freedom of Information Act and gone even further, effectively banning me from asking any questions about Council Tax.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Banned
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:13 pm 

Still had nothing more than an acknowledgement from Durham C.C.. They have until Tuesday to comply.
Perhaps ChiefyinDurham has had more success with them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

DaveEvans wrote:
Still had nothing more than an acknowledgement from Durham C.C.. They have until Tuesday to comply.

They have a small excuse ... new unitary authority and all that ... picking up the pieces of the component local authorities.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:11 pm 

I never expected them to play anything but hardball.They may take the view they are acting legally,we on this blog(and I am sure a majority in the UK)......do not.So it s on to the next stage then.Maybe the support of a certain Mr Booker may help publicise the cause at some point?

Would Bradford council like this opening to a wider audience if they continue on this vein?

They would be hit by a blizzard of FOIs :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

vincent wrote:
I never expected them to play anything but hardball.They may take the view they are acting legally,we on this blog(and I am sure a majority in the UK)......do not.So it s on to the next stage then.Maybe the support of a certain Mr Booker may help publicise the cause at some point?

Would Bradford council like this opening to a wider audience if they continue on this vein?

In what is known as the "arrogance of office", I doubt they actually care. They have the power ... why should they take any notice of the media?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:21 pm 

DaveEvans wrote:

Hello Dave
Nothing as yet, other than the same acknowledgement as you.

As Richard says, they do have 'some' excuses. We'll see

Kind regards
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:26 pm 

Stunning arrogance, but then again all "our" money is really "their" money and all they are doing is reclaiming it.

They also have an awful lot to hide.....maybe someone has consulted Sue Grabbit & Run and found out they are up Scheisser Strasser and have decided to tough it out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:50 pm 

Banned, ha ha! I can remember when the BBC would ban a record by the Rolling Stones only to then see its sales soar. So set fair for a No1 hit with this line of inquiry then!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:43 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
vincent wrote:

In what is known as the "arrogance of office", I doubt they actually care. They have the power ... why should they take any notice of the media?

They undoubtedly will not care.

But when the Chief Exec sees all his staff diverted answering a deluge of FOIs they might actually start looking at stopping these disgraceful and fraudulant charges. I have had personal experience of having a local council CEO dragged into the Mayors office for a dressing down while I was present, so do not underestimate the power of public opinion(which would be firmly behind you on this)

Maybe someone will ask questions in the House.....we get far more trivial matters raised there

Even if they do not you will have at least have the pleasure of knowing they have been exposed for what they are up to.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 pm 

A response from North East Lincolnshire Council to an adapted version of the FOI request featuring in the article "Of no serious purpose or value", went like this:

Quote:
Dear Mr Frankly

I am pleased to acknowledge your request for information, which has been allocated the reference number 20110xxx

Since July 20th 2011 you have made, including this request, six Freedom of Information requests for details relating to the Council's Council Tax activities. Following a review of the requests we consider the requests to be made as part of a wider campaign to gather information from the Council. Therefore in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004, the Council has made the decision to aggregate the requests; therefore the estimated cost of complying with any of the requests would be taken to be the total costs of complying with all of them. The requests from you which we have deemed to be part of a campaign and aggregated are 20110xxx, 20110xxx, 20110xxx, 20110xxx, 20110xxx and 20110xxx.

We have estimated, that the time taken and required for the activities needed to locate, retrieve and extract the information asked for in these requests exceeds the appropriate limit of £450 (18 hours) as specified by the Freedom of Information Act. Under section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, a public authority is not obliged to comply with a request where the estimated cost of doing so would exceed the appropriate limit. Further information about how we handle requests which exceed the appropriate limit can be found in our Charging Policy for information requests, which is available on our website at http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/council-and-d ... formation/

Therefore as North East Lincolnshire Council has already exceeded the appropriate limit in dealing with the requests identified above, we will not be complying with this request by virtue of section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
... Bradford MDC has now "reviewed" its own decision not to supply me with information under the Freedom of Information Act and gone even further, effectively banning me from asking any questions about Council Tax ...[/url]

Has Bradford MDC banned any of your readers from making similar requests?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

WilliamGruff wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
... Bradford MDC has now "reviewed" its own decision not to supply me with information under the Freedom of Information Act and gone even further, effectively banning me from asking any questions about Council Tax ...[/url]

Has Bradford MDC banned any of your readers from making similar requests?

Nope ... PDT_Armataz_02_11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
... Nope ...

I'm sure I'm not the only one here with a recently discovered interest in Bradford MDC.

PS: http://youtu.be/L5a_RvSqD2A for one example of how to deal with bailiffs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 am 

It does occur to one Dr North that once the plumber has put a bit of pig into you (oohh err Matron!) that your cerebral oxygenation will be much much greater than it currently is with a concomitant increase in 'council-headblag' reserves....

Not that I know bugger all about such things.

Good luck.......not to the pig mind.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:18 am 

I have been without internet connection for several day & thus have a tad of catching up to do.
Is there no way that we can convince these people that they are our servants & that we pay their inflated salaries to do our reasonable bidding....it is not their money that they cavalierly play with...it is ours.
If, at the lowest, local level, burghers are forbidden to know how their money is managed, what chance have they further up the tree of gumment? NONE.
This battle against entrenched local dictatorship simply has to be won...by all legal means...else there is no point in trying to move on the higher echelons.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next