Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: On top of their game?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

A number of MPs in the EU Referendum debate refer to it coming about as a result of the e-petition reaching the 100,000 level. Included in that number have been The Boy, Kate Hoey, Zac Goldsmith and Mark "the mouth" Pritchard.

But, as The Guardian helpfully points out, the debate is happening because the backbench business committee, which was set up after the general election to allocate time for backbench debates, decided to grant David Nuttall's request for one.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: On top of their game?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:33 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
These people simply have not developed, have not moved on.

I have a suggestion for your next book/project;

Britain After Europe: A vision of prosperity and independence after the fall of the EU.

I'd write it myself but I'm dumb as a post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:38 pm 

FatCaveman wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:

Britain After Europe: A vision of prosperity and independence after the fall of the EU.

FC, It's been done. It's called "Ten Years On, Britain Without the European Union" by Dr Lee Rotherham. I think I received my copy from UKIP.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 pm 

john in cheshire wrote:
FatCaveman wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:

FC, It's been done. It's called "Ten Years On, Britain Without the European Union" by Dr Lee Rotherham. I think I received my copy from UKIP.

Ah. That must have made a huge impact.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

FatCaveman wrote:
john in cheshire wrote:
FatCaveman wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:

Ah. That must have made a huge impact.

As I recall, it wasn't even worth the effort reviewing.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:58 pm 

Smallest book ever.....................

If.............someone were to attempt to record: "Britain, by how much did ordinary voters benefit from the first 38 years of EU membership [aka - serfdom]?"

It wouldn't stretch to a written sentence.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:00 pm 

Watching some [God what's wrong with me?] of this debate tonight, I was musing on why Cameron is so dead set on this being the wrong time for a referendum blah blah.
Could it be, his masters and superiors in Brussels wish Dave to stymie this ground surge in anti EU feeling because they [The Brussels mafia] fear this debate could be a catalyst for widespread and genuine British dislike of the EU, coalescing into a more tangible and solidify a real prospect of EU withdrawal.
And is it not, a perfect time to forment this dislike and also is it not a very inauspicious time for the Brussels Capi - whilst their chutzpah is fast disappearing over the horizon along with their hopes of saving the one thing that keeps this ramshackle whore house together, ie, the euro.
Furthermore, if Britain was to be offered a [near] future opportunity to demonstrate just what they really think of the EU [foxtrot oscar off] - then at the same time as the big EU guns are trying to save their effin 'child' trying to recalibrate and aiming them towards British Euro-sceptics would be a re-emplacement too far?

I think Cameron plays fast and loose with all of us and one more point, why is Milibean not allowing his lot a free vote, in effect he backs the coalition [w anchor]..................................duh? ..... oh yeah = back to Warner yesterday!

FFS.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 pm 

Quote:
The lesson is this: Unless we correct the fundamental flaws in the system which landed us in this situation in the first place, then we're just going to fall into another abusive relationship as soon as we've left the present one. That means we have to reform the political system which got us into this situation and we have to take power away from the ruling elite - the parties and the vested interests - who are presently misgoverning us.

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/features/ ... trat1.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 pm 

OK, Richard, tell me where I'm wrong here: yes, this may be an irrelevant debate with a foregone conclusion but there are actually some MPs who are telling their own Parties that they won't be browbeaten into denying the British people a say on the EU anymore. Yes, it may be a lost cause but they are prepared to take the consequences, nontheless AND hopefully land a few blows against Cameron in the process. That's enough for me to want to give a cheer for them, anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:44 pm 

But you can tell me tomorrow, if you've a mind to, because I'm off to bed now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 pm 

Jeremiah wrote:
... there are actually some MPs who are telling their own Parties that they won't be browbeaten into denying the British people a say on the EU anymore ...

LMFAO! ROTFFLMFARO! Who are those MPs? Are they the MPs who are resigning their party whips in droves? Yes, I thought so. You are Colly Kibber and I claim my free night out in Brighton.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 pm 

Help me...is this the first real chance for Milliband to defeat The Government in a House of Commons vote ?
Why would he not take it ?
The Vote will not automatically lead to a Referendum...but would damage Cameron.
Labour + Conservative rebel votes beat Lib Dems plus ( Cameron + Hague ) Payroll vote.
The payroll vote would of course vote whichever way Cameron decides. If he changes, they change.
If Milliband had defeated the Government, THEN the Coalition could fall much faster and he become PM in an election where Cameron is now a liability...at which point Milliband could serve Brussells as Head Boy.

Further why has IDS not resigned given his 1992-1997 position ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:12 pm 

Jonathan wrote:
Help me...is this the first real chance for Milliband to defeat The Government in a House of Commons vote ?
Why would he not take it ?
The Vote will not automatically lead to a Referendum...but would damage Cameron.
Labour + Conservative rebel votes beat Lib Dems plus ( Cameron + Hague ) Payroll vote.
The payroll vote would of course vote whichever way Cameron decides. If he changes, they change.
If Milliband had defeated the Government, THEN the Coalition could fall much faster and he become PM in an election where Cameron is now a liability...at which point Milliband could serve Brussells as Head Boy.

Further why has IDS not resigned given his 1992-1997 position ?

Good questions and a searing indictment of the status quo. One might add: Why are you not ranked amongst the luminaries of our time?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:39 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Not quite Posted by Pete Monday, October 24, 2011
"When your neighbour's house is on fire, your first impulse should be to help them put out the flames, not least to protect your own house"

Abso fucking lutely but when you discover that your neighbour is a compulsive arsonist, you find evidence to convict or you move house.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am 

Quote:
LMFAO! ROTFFLMFARO! Who are those MPs? Are they the MPs who are resigning their party whips in droves? Yes, I thought so. You are Colly Kibber [sic] and I claim my free night out in Brighton.

Hmm, 83 Tories resigning the whip? Your cryptic comment would have been more apposite had it been an allusion taken from something by JRR Tolkien rather than Graham Greene. But then I suspect appropriateness wasn't the reason for the reference to Kolly Kibber, was it, Mr Gruff? No, it was only to demonstrate what a 'smart-alec' you are. Congratulations: you succeeded.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next