Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Shades of '38?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:39 am 
Site Admin

For sure, we do not have Fascist dictatorships astride Europe (yet), or the gathering storm of war, but there is a sense of the old order breaking down. While the Tories piffle away with their half-witted referendum motion, great events are shaping up, the nature of which we know not, but have every reason to fear.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Shades of '38?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:58 am 
As it stands, a communist is a member of our highest level of government (Dimitris Christofias, Cyprus) and so is Kinnochio's daughter-in-law (Denmark). That's got to change, hasn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:00 am 
Site Admin

Clarence wrote:
As it stands, a communist is a member of our highest level of government (Dimitris Christofias, Cyprus) and so is Kinnochio's daughter-in-law (Denmark). That's got to change, hasn't it?

Communist in name only ... but what has to change (as in be abolished) is the cabal known as the European Council, set up to rule "Europe". We need as resurgence of nationalism, without any other of the malign "isms" associated with it, together with a more structured attempt to control politicians in what is laughingly known as democracy.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:31 am 

You are quite right that drastic changes are in the offing. The overhang of bad debt and the printing of money to try to get over it is bound to have consequences - and very unpleasant ones too.

To take advantage of the changes, it is necessary to have a disciplined body of people who know what they want, are agreed on means and are determined to get it. They don't necessarily have to be very numerous. This was the truth grasped by Lenin and company to hugely tragic effect. As Robert Conquest put it,

"There was an old Marxist called Lenin
Who did one or two million men in.
That's a lot to have done in
But where he did one in,
That old Marxist Stalin did ten in".

And Mao Tse Tung exceeded all norms in the murder stakes - Both sorts of communists make the achievements of Hitler A in this respect look rather puny.

Where are we to find an equally determined cadre of disciplined democrats to achieve the counter revolution with some decency?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 pm 

Yes, we have yet to hear "the need for strong leadership" but it is hard to see how we can avoid someone claiming to provide it on the Continent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 pm 

I think the likes of Cameron are no better than Gaddafi albeit Cameron has not slaughtered any of us, for which I am very grateful. Cameron is still a dictator.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 pm 

Stuart wrote:
I think the likes of Cameron are no better than Gaddafi albeit Cameron has not slaughtered any of us, for which I am very grateful. Cameron is still a dictator.

Stuart, Please .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:28 pm 

Actually I would reverse it NOT 38 but 83.
http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html
Psalm 83 seems the predestined endgame of The Arab Spring.
The Syrian, Saudi, Jordanian, Hamas, Hezbollah leadership have seen what happens to Gaddafi and his sons. The Saddam Hussain, Mubarak, etc they could look at in slow motion. The Gaddafi execution live on TV and resulting glee has freaked them.
They are desperate and will play the Israel card like Galtieri invading the Falklands.
It will be a new East Med order at the end of it. A world perhaps minus Damascus and certain well known cities in the West of Saudi Arabia.
http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 pm 

Robin wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Stuart, Please .

And your point is?
I think Stuart is right in essence.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 am 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... sroom.html
:) :)
They can not be expected to cover big issues with little problems closer to home.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:58 am 

DaveEvans wrote:
Robin wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Stuart, Please .

And your point is?

My point is that comparing elected western prime ministers even in flawed democracies to long serving murderous tyrants does not help .
By all means point out their failings and hypocracies , like trying to introduce democracy in other countries but undermining it here ,
Making outlandish analogies helps others to decribe EUrosceptics as swivel eyed loons .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:21 pm 

Robin wrote:
DaveEvans wrote:
Robin wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Stuart, Please .

And your point is?

My point is that comparing elected western prime ministers even in flawed democracies to long serving murderous tyrants does not help .
By all means point out their failings and hypocracies , like trying to introduce democracy in other countries but undermining it here ,
Making outlandish analogies helps others to decribe EUrosceptics as swivel eyed loons .

They have called us that already along with closet racists, gadflies and xenophobes. I accepted in my original assertion that our dictator is not murderous. But a dictator he still is. Just the same as the last one called Gordon Brown.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:09 pm 

Stuart wrote:

They have called us that already along with closet racists, gadflies and xenophobes. I accepted in my original assertion that our dictator is not murderous. But a dictator he still is. Just the same as the last one called Gordon Brown.

If they see such stuff written then thats the evidence they will use .

How did Gordon Brown become an MP ? How did he lose his Premiership ? How did David cameron become an MP ,how did he win the leadership of the Consevative party , how did he win becomng Prime Minister ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 am 

Robin wrote:
Stuart wrote:

How did Gordon Brown become an MP ? How did he lose his Premiership ? How did David cameron become an MP ,how did he win the leadership of the Consevative party , how did he win becomng Prime Minister ?

An elected dictatorship is still a dictatorship!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:58 am 

DaveEvans wrote:
Robin wrote:
Stuart wrote:

An elected dictatorship is still a dictatorship!

WE dont have a dictatorship , elected or otherwise , unless David cameron is the first , and abolishes elections .

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next