Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Party time
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 am 
Site Admin

As my erstwhile co-editor observed, you can always tell it's party conference time – the Tory europlastics come out to play … and then teacher slaps them about a bit. It the play goes according to script, the plastics get all precious and outraged, the Failygraph gets a headline or two, and then everybody goes back to sleep until the next conference.

Actually, the script has changed. The EU is a mortally wounded creature. It may take a long time dying, but it will become increasingly irrelevant as time passes, the economic crisis takes hold and nationalism re-asserts itself. We are already seeing that in Germany.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Party time
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:51 am 

Fair play to them MP for being honest and giving a straight answer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 pm 

"If you believe," he shouted to them, "clap your hands; don't let Tink die." Many clapped. Some didn't. A few beasts hissed. The clapping stopped suddenly; as if countless mothers had rushed to their nurseries to see what on earth was happening"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:24 pm 

What is it with the EU that so many apparently normal intelligent people seem to see it as some massive security blanket?Instead of the absolute drain on this country that it is.

And they have the nerve to call us "little Englanders" when it is their own parochial view that is the flawed and backwards looking one now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:32 pm 

It only confirms what many led by our host have been saying for some time, our politicians do not want to leave the EU, they are all fully paid up members. Presumably the price of 30 pieces of silver has been increased, in line with something or other. PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 pm 

Quote:
Mr Swayne wrote: ‘An undelivered promise of a vote on the EU is, however, a figment of your imagination. What was promised was a vote on the Lisbon Treaty if that treaty remained unratified when a Conservative government was elected.

‘The Treaty was ratified in December 2009 and that promise was therefore withdrawn well before the election. I cannot believe that anyone could have missed the front-page treatment this was given at the time.

‘This Coalition includes the most pro-European of all political parties. Nick Clegg began as an MEP, his enthusiasm is undiminished.

‘Anyone who believes that this government can expedite our escape from the EU is living in a world of illusion. Sorry. DS.’

THAT gets my blood boiling PDT_Armataz_01_19 PDT_Armataz_01_19 ..what an arrogant f--k.How dare he talk to a constituent like that,first head on Traitors Gate is now reserved.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 pm 

The HoC is quite a small chamber for 650 people. It wouldn't take much Zyklon B.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:54 pm 

SandyRham wrote:
The HoC is quite a small chamber for 650 people. It wouldn't take much Zyklon B.

You meant dialogue of course.....

With perhaps a public inquiry or two so we know things are happening and lessons have been learned and we can all move forwards in unity to a future of peace and prosperity for all (the right people)...somewhere or other.....bright sunlit uplands......

Rule of law.....

Sword of truth....

Sorry we made mistakes....

Move along.......

Bend over........

etc........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:10 pm 

It is rather getting to me. That is: the fact that the British are now so utterly spineless, brainless, and feckless that they can't see anything as right or workable unless the Master Race says so. If it's german, it must be right.

How pathetic. How shameful. Nothing on earth could make me want to be like a german.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

euSSR Go Home wrote:
It is rather getting to me. That is: the fact that the British are now so utterly spineless, brainless, and feckless that they can't see anything as right or workable unless the Master Race says so. If it's german, it must be right.

How pathetic. How shameful. Nothing on earth could make me want to be like a german.

No, the British are not spinless, etc. There are hundreds of "resistance" groups fighting the fight ... you are being deceived by the media, which rarely reports their activities. I was speaking to a man in London over the weekend, who has had 800 parking tickets for his small firm ... and paid three ... he keeps a grinder in his van and regularly releases cars from clamps. What we do have is a conspiracy of silence.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:51 pm 

Quote:

........not your best post, I fear, Eussrgohome. If sustaining or reviving the old prejudices is the best you can do, I am sorry for you.
You may not have noticed that the World has changed a tad since we 'won' the war.
You should perhaps give some thought as to why Germany has become a powerhouse & we have not. Is it at all possible that they may have been doing things right...so much so that the rest of Europe feels entitled to sponge off them? And, of course, revile them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 pm 

Quote:
Actually, the script has changed. The EU is a mortally wounded creature. It may take a long time dying, but it will become increasingly irrelevant as time passes, the economic crisis takes hold and nationalism re-asserts itself. We are already seeing that in Germany.

There is a tipping point where politicians decide do they represent the electorate or do they represent the EU? For years they have put the EU first, but we are reaching a new dynamic where the electorate will be so hostile to the EU that it becomes suicidal to put the interests of the EU ahead of the interests of the electorate. That is the moment the project goes into reverse and quickly dies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:21 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
euSSR Go Home wrote:

No, the British are not spinless, etc. There are hundreds of "resistance" groups fighting the fight ... you are being deceived by the media, which rarely reports their activities. I was speaking to a man in London over the weekend, who has had 800 parking tickets for his small firm ... and paid three ... he keeps a grinder in his van and regularly releases cars from clamps. What we do have is a conspiracy of silence.

Ah there's more of us than first thought, my husband has relieved the pressure on a few wheels with his grinder.

At the moment I'm in contact with the council over service charges, I received yesterday an invoice for £227 for actuals concerning 2010/11, apparently the bill I've already paid was an estimate, the added £227 brings it to £1017, I've asked for justification of this legalised extortion. One of the actuals is £20 for rubbish bins and £2.46 for bulk items. Seeing as I already pay council tax for rubbish I've asked for a refund on the CT, and seeing that most of the bulk items are those that are dumped by passing motorists and those living in houses close by I will not pay even £2.46 for other people's rubbish to be removed.

I've also taken heed of what Dr North & others are doing, I've requested FOI for a breakdown on administration/management charges, which amount to almost half of the SC bill. I've probably gone about it all wrong but I'm trying. PDT_Armataz_01_29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:25 pm 

permanentexpat wrote:
Quote:

........not your best post, I fear, Eussrgohome. If sustaining or reviving the old prejudices is the best you can do, I am sorry for you.
You may not have noticed that the World has changed a tad since we 'won' the war.
You should perhaps give some thought as to why Germany has become a powerhouse & we have not. Is it at all possible that they may have been doing things right...so much so that the rest of Europe feels entitled to sponge off them? And, of course, revile them.

Germany has historically dominated Europe so there is nothing new in that.Only it is not militarily doing so at the moment,it doesnt need to.At the end of the day the Germans are the ones who will decide if the EU survives,not us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:29 pm 

I like the alien analogy. I am currently working my way through the DVDs of The Invaders, a classic 1967 science fiction serial. The aliens look just like humans but they infiltrate the Police, government, industry...with the ultimate aim of taking over the world. They use brainwashing, corruption...whatever is necessary. It's all terribly far fetched...or is it?

(First ten minutes can be seen here.)

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next