Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The rule of fear
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

The Labour Party conference may be in full flow, but I have to confess that engaging with the political posturing is more than a little difficult, when so much is going on elsewhere. Mind you, even the slow suicide of the euro – alongside the Greek economy – seems a little unreal, and it is very hard to share even Jeff Randall's preoccupations as he and many other commentators have very little new or interesting to say.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The rule of fear
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:56 pm 

I think the term clusterfuck was invented for this!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:17 am 

A bad winter and it will be tough, I fear for the future, I do agree with Mr. Rastani, the markets have made up their minds and it is a force of nature, they [markets] have been denied for too long.

This talk of 2 or 3 trillion extra is chicken feed, anyway - just who do you think are the unlucky sods are that will ultimately fork out for this 'funny money' bailout??[Guess who?]

Its time to call last orders. on this funny money, easy street, consumerism daft - Zfactor culture, it is the end of the phoney western drug addled high.

Raewald is correct, we've got to swallow the medicine, we've been living way beyond our means and the bill is coming in, this time we're all washed up.

As you say Dr. N. it is a bad time, a perfect storm on its way, I hate the idea - yes honestly because I've dependents who I need to look after - It will not be pretty but I say this, it needs to be done for our children and for their futures and the collapse of the euro and consequently the imminent demise of the, madness and totalitarianism of the EU - must be our big anodyne, for the pain we're about to undergo -for the cancer has to be extirpated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:26 am 

I think Rastani is wrong!

Not about the collapse, I'm not that naive. I think the whole frigging structure is coming down!

I mean... Treasury bonds! Who does he think he's kidding? Dollar? Ditto!

Food? Yeah I'll go for that; loads of non-perishables if you can afford it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:33 am 

It seems the Germans are not even in on this plan. It is an ambush with the intention of pushing the Germans into something they do not want to do. Merkel was on the television tonight telling the Germans she does not agree with the plan that Greece be allowed to default. I wonder if the markets will have another bad day tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:27 am 

There is a mathematical theory known as Elliott Waves, which claim to be able to predict the way stock markets rise and fall, based on confidence and fear cycles.

It may be a load of balloon juice (I'm always a bit skeptical when people begin introducing Fibonacci series as predictors), but for what it's worth, they reckon we're in for a perfect storm, bigger than the 1920s/1930s crash.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:23 am 

Ambrose: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/fina ... endum.html
Quote:
German turmoil over EU bail-outs as top judge calls for referendum
Germany's top judge has issued a blunt warning that no further fiscal powers may be surrendered to Europe without a new constitution and a popular referendum, vastly complicating plans to boost the EU's rescue machinery to €2 trillion (£1.7 trillion).

This is the roadblock

Quote:
Andreas Vosskuhle, head of the constitutional court, said politicians do not have the legal authority to sign away the birthright of the German people without their explicit consent.

"The sovereignty of the German state is inviolate and anchored in perpetuity by basic law. It may not be abandoned by the legislature (even with its powers to amend the constitution)," he said.

"There is little leeway left for giving up core powers to the EU. If one wants to go beyond this limit – which might be politically legitimate and desirable – then Germany must give itself a new constitution. A referendum would be necessary. This cannot be done without the people," he told newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine.

He stamps on giving the ECB powers to issue Eurobonds

Quote:
"Our judgment makes clear that the Bundestag cannot abdicate its fiscal responsibilities to other actors. And no permanent mechanism may be created that entails taking over the liabilities of other states," he said. When asked whether eurobonds are off limits, Dr Vosskuhle said any ruling by the judges would be "pretty clear".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 am 

We're domed!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:55 am 

Start dismantling the €uro NOW whilst there is still something left to dismantle. Otherwise it's Weimar time again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:28 am 

Quote:
our own government has declared war on its own people.

I do wish you would stop calling these people 'our government'. They are not ours in any way, shape or form. They are quite literally aliens who have been installed by crooks as a first line of defence whilst our lives are subjugated and our bank accounts fleeced.

We are not 'the governments people' either. The government has no need of people. What it needs are profit centres and that is all we are until we get out our phasers and do a Captain Kirk 'We come in peace, shoot to kill men!'

I'm not surprised you cannot engage with the political end of season shows. There is more fun in watching a toilet pan full of turds disappear before your eyes. Once you replace the turds with the aliens then you will have the mother of all reality TV shows.

Apologies for mentioning faecal matter so early in the day.... and apologies for mentioning bowel evacuation products as well!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 am 

Perhaps another reason to call a halt to the parade:

Quote:
Foreign workers will "change national identity" according to a population expert, unless the flow of immigration is dealt with.

The white British-born community (defined as English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish-born citizens) will fall to less than half of the overall population in just over 50 years.

The warning from Professor David Coleman, from Oxford University, comes ahead of an announcement today by the Migration Advisory Board of its recommendation for the proposed immigration cap for people outside the EU.

Figures from the Office of National Statistics show that if immigration remains at a long-term rate of around 180,000 a year the proportion of the white British-born population will fall from 80 per cent to 59 per cent by 2051.

Strangers in our own land, Its been said before, I think it is entirely possible, as I've averred before.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:50 am 

DaveEvans wrote:
I think Rastani is wrong! ..Not about the collapse, I'm not that naive. I think the whole frigging structure is coming down! ... Treasury bonds! Who does he think he's kidding? Dollar? Ditto

Yes. He's stating the fundamentals, that we all know. Beyond that ? His facebook is all about charts, so he's adding little conceptual. He may be correct that there are short term profits in T bonds, if you guess the timing right. But with current policies, the US is ultimately headed for the same place as the rest of us.

Maybe the significance is that the MSM are allowing comments about the implending shitstorm. It's another step closer when they feel they can't hide it. The final trigger in ether default-driven bank runs or hyperinflation is panic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:30 am 

The problem with the trader in the BBC video is he looks like the third Miliband bother. The wayward child Professor Ralph Miliband was ashamed of so sent abroad!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:31 am 

Julian

Tks for the Ambrose lnk........That is the most explicit comment ever from the Court, that it comes from the top man is even more significant. Add that to the obvious distaste that the Bundesbank has and you have the two most powerfull institutions of the State in opposition to the politicians and Brussels. They are also the two most trusted institutions.

Any politician that wants to take them on, especially over something as mad as the bail out plan, will be committing political suicide.

The Zero just died.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am 

FU (Fed Up) wrote:
That is the most explicit comment ever from the Court, that it comes from the top man is even more significant.

Quote:
Our judgment makes clear that the Bundestag cannot abdicate its fiscal responsibilities to other actors. And no permanent mechanism may be created that entails taking over the liabilities of other states," he said.

My bold. There's the weasel word.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next