Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Has it started?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:10 am 
Site Admin

With the MSM relaying a forecast that we are in for an early winter, the Swiss weather agency Meteosuisse has reported snow in the Swiss Alps o to levels unseen for the month of September.

In the ski resort of St Moritz, in the southeast canton of Grison, nearly 18 inches of snow was recorded. The snowfall provoked traffic disturbances in the mountains, with the St Bernard, Flüela and Nufenen passes closed, according to ViaSuisse, which reports on the condition of Swiss roads. The Gothard, Lukmanier and Oberalp passes were also covered in snow

An early appearance of winter has also hit western Austria, bringing railway traffic to a halt in Salzburg. More than 200 passengers were trapped in trains for hours after trees collapsed under the weight of the snow and landed on the tracks.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Has it started?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:08 am 

I have a ceiling fan in my kitchen here, normally in constant use during the Summer...this year it has only been switched on once. Not much to do with Alpine snow...but you get the drift PDT_Armataz_02_11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 am 

The sheer quantity of berries in mine and my neighbours gardens suggest that nature is preparing for another cold winter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:10 am 

The Global Warming faithful will find a way to blame cold conditions, up to and including an Ice Age, on evil humanity and its selfish, greedy ways.

This demonisation of humanity and its progress has always been at the heart of the Cause; man-made global warming just happened to be the perfect weapon to use in the larger ideological battle.

They will cling to it at any price, because if CAGW goes down, so does their entire movement.

Having seen these people in action as scientists and activists, and having debated them on various blogs, I now no longer believe a single word they say; it is all designed to keep their Cause (in which they have made heavy emotional investments) alive.

To that end they will say anything that they believes serves them well, without the slightest regard for how true or false it is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:04 am 

They simply shift their tune to "climate disruption", bombard the public with another carpet bombing of weather and climate hubris until they have achieved their global Co2 tax and Global Governance scheme.

Even if it's the last thing before they die.

And for all of you who still think the climate doctrine isn't a conspiracy, think again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:32 am 

Ice skating on the Thames, anyone ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:56 am 

Oh, that wonderful dream! politicians seeing the error of their ways, not likely, me thinks. Exhibit ( A) buffoon telling us that the cost of fuel is not the problem,it's that we don't shop around!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 am 

These cold winters, and the sun's peculiar behaviour, worry me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:33 am 

Even 'greeny types' that I know now admit that global warming is a crock of shit. Public opinion is firmly turning against the chicken little 'the sky is falling' hype (anyone remember ozone depletion, the new ice age, bird flu. etc etc) but on this issue along with so many others that ruin our lives and strip our pockets bare, the political class (piss be upon them) just do not care one monkey's fxxx what the cash-cow public think.

I don't know where this will end, but is not going to be pleasant, but all I can say is that anyone who votes Lib/Lab/Con is a born again fxxxxx idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:04 am 

You've forgotten the traditional link to Dr David Viner's words on this topic...
http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 24017.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Charlie wrote:
You've forgotten the traditional link to Dr David Viner's words on this topic...
http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 24017.html

I was saving that for the first snowfall. PDT_Armataz_01_22

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:03 am 

Quote:
and what little is left of the credibility of the political classes will be shot to pieces.

Reading comments around the Net on Ubber Dolt Huhne's latest raveings....some if not all politicians have zero credibility, only total detestation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:13 am 

October snowfall will be met with a positive flurry of announcements that it is exactly in keeping with ever more disruptive climate events due to raised levels of CO2 in the atmosphere. Remember the 'warming causes cooling' meme that (almost) gained traction a year or two back? Never underestimate the alarmists' ability to delude themselves and others - it knows no limits.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:17 am 

I can't find out if this Viner character is still kicking?.

I honestly don't know how to find out.

Please help, anyone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:21 am 
Site Admin

thejones wrote:
I can't find out if this Viner character is still kicking?.

I honestly don't know how to find out.

Please help, anyone.

Still working for the British Council .... imbibing at the taxpayers' teats.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... ate-change

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next