Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A good start
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Martin Jay, the "veteran foreign correspondent" writes for al Arybia News offering an amusing and often insightful perspective on the EU.

"Europe's bold project is not a peep show, but a sinking ship … let's get an Italian clown to play with the deckchairs", is the title of the piece in which he recalls interviewing Romano Prodi EU commission president from 1999 2004:

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A good start
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:19 am 

Here's another fine example of writeing, about the US debt discussion, though it could equally describe the behavior of the colleagues or our own clowns.....though this one is not so hung up on onanism.....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-pos ... extremists

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 am 

As a former unconditional supporter of the project (prior to enlightenment) it is now absolutely clear to me (but then maybe I'm an 'extreme right-wing nazi nutter....etc') that the current framework simply cannot endure. The fallout will be messy (no Jeremy, not a threat.....stop confusing, if you ever did, prophesy for advocacy) yet the bureaucrats will not respond any differently to that which has already been seen.

The institution will have to (by reflex) become ever more authoritarian and 'post-democratic'.

I am far from certain that anything constructively can be done at this point to allow for a clean transition to what is to happen (and I am aware of the argument that at least one should try....easy to be apathetic though isn't it?) and this is highly likely to produce another Anders Breivik. (Note, prophesising not advocating...far from it in fact...I have young children too).

Talk about stifling reasonable debate!.....

I would so love to be around when the high-level strategy planning documents of this time enter the public arena....just to know what they really think...but it'll be centuries I guess so no such luck...ah well.

I find myself slowly and steadily shifting to a George Carlin view of ones place in the grand scheme....feels quite liberating actually.....

But then maybe I'm just an extreme fascist racist right-wing nutta..........another of those interesting reflexes one observes with these issues...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:40 am 

No, I want rid of the bastards, the sooner the better, when the EU goes, the Westminster politicos will soon fall back into line - there will be no higher authority to run to, they will have to address the needs of their own electorate.

The problem lies in communicating the needs of the taxpayer - to the nexus of government control [bloody Whitehall + quangos/met and town councils] - that's the problem.

Sack the ****ers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 am 

Quote:
Most of all, we need to do something about the chronic democratic deficit in this country, reining back our
politicians and bringing them under control

Good sentence, nice sentiment, but there's a flaw in the argument, its the word "Politician". It's a fake word in
a fake democracy in a fake system. We have seen that Belgium can survive 14 months without a government, we don't need political parties seeking to implement vast social engineering programs in the image of their political pipe-dreams. Politics is death by millions of cuts.

What we need are governments that solve problems.

We have seen the last three labour leaders, Blair, Brown and Miliband; all certifiable nutjobs that shouldn't be
allowed near a parish council meeting never mind No 10 Downing St.

We need to abolish the Lib/Lab/Con/Green/etc. entirely.

M.P.'s should be selected from the general public in a way similar to Jurors, but with process that screens out
the psychopaths, sociopaths, criminals etc. and pays special attention to social and educational achievements.

Then the people should be allowed to vote M.P's (any M.P.) into a government that exists solely for the solution
of problems and well being of the population.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:50 am 

Here's what happens when somebody tries, Richard. http://www.yourconvenience.co.uk/ChiefConJuly28.pdf

PDT_Armataz_01_33 PDT_Armataz_01_40

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 am 

Spencer @Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 am

Good post, I might add, future MPs to have work experience of at least fifteen years, preferably in Business, engineering, science industries - and not in a government administration and definitely not like - Balls, Miliband et al.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 am 

The enemy here is not the politicos, they're just glove puppets. Rather it is the Sir Humphreys and their minions.
There is a lot to be said for sacking the whole Civil Service and reforming from scratch on a strictly 'fit for purpose' basis.
Some ministries may never re-open. PDT_Armataz_01_25 PDT_Armataz_01_25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 am 

SandyRham wrote:
The enemy here is not the politicos

They made themselves my enemy, without any outside help from Sir Humphry.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:17 am 

Quote:
with the eager look of an Albanian paedophile waiting for the school bell to ring

Priceless ! :lol:

Quote:
a spastic trying to repair a broken TV with a bowl of jelly

Surreal ! PDT_Armataz_01_34

I'll have to read a little more from this guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am 

Breaking news: Spain has just called the general election six months early, November. Zapatero says the country needs a functioning government as soon as possible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:54 pm 

oldrightie wrote:
Here's what happens when somebody tries, Richard. http://www.yourconvenience.co.uk/ChiefConJuly28.pdf

PDT_Armataz_01_33 PDT_Armataz_01_40

#
I have just read that and I am stunned. PDT_Armataz_01_08

Would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:03 pm 

While not equating the bureaucratic horrors of the EU with the intelligent thinking of a good chess-player, we would be remiss & very stupid not tp be planning as many moves ahead as we are capable of to ensure continuity of British law & practice after the EU's implosion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 pm 

Quote:
Most of all, we need to do something about the chronic democratic deficit in this country, reining back our politicians and bringing them under control.

If we were to attempt to repair the current system rather than create another, would it be a useful start to remove the salary and expenses that an MP currently enjoys in order that we did not suffer from the career politician?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:46 pm 

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/index.html is the new government e-petitions site. Now I do not propose to incur the hilarity of this audience by suggesting that we run a petition on leaving, or indeed a referendum. The prize is only to get the thing debated in westminster, and we cannot control that debate or the lies which will be used to support the other side. Anyway, somebody else will have already done that, as we will see next thursday when petitions are published. No, I propose that our petition should be that a proper appraisal of the costs and benefits of the EU should be made, with contributions from all sides, before any debate. Safeguards to make sure the anti case is made, of course. Let's scupper the three million jobs lie, and properly count those exports through euro ports which end up elsewhere, and all the other things they use against us. Two or three petitions in like vein before we have the debate for real. How could anyone object to a little honest fact-finding.

(Yes, Richard, I know it is hopeless by this means, but we have to show we tried.)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next