Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Devil's Kitchen speaks
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

"The idea that the government - and local authorities - must come grovelling to beg us for their funds each and every year is enough to make the entire exercise worthwhile ... ". So says Devil's Kitchen, who today gives his endorsement to Referism.

DK was once one of Britain's premier independent bloggers, hugely enthusiastic about the medium which he – like many of us – took to for its revolutionary potential, only then to become disillusioned. But his instincts were not wrong. He was simply premature in his expectations, in what was still an immature medium that had yet to find its voice.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Devil's Kitchen speaks
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:49 pm 

Richard you say 'From the publication of their six points in 1938, '

Wrong century. Try 1838 !

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:26 pm 

I think you must start, in the manner of Private Eye, a Pedants Corner. Actually it was 1838.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Ivan The Yid From Bradfor wrote:
Richard you say 'From the publication of their six points in 1938, '

Wrong century. Try 1838 !

Thanks ... I've been getting dates wrong for a week now ... I don't know what the hell has got into me. At least I've got some readers who know what they are talking about.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:40 pm 

Quote:
government which is not under control, where the traditional democratic processes no longer provide an adequate – or any – check on its behaviour or performance.

You translate into the vernacular, my exact thoughts - what a succinct synopsis of the whole dreadful situation we all find ourselves in.

A dreadful mess indeed, we are all in, it is so unnecessary, Britain is [was once] still a latently efficacious and affluent country, our pensioners, armed forces, should not have to battle for meagre scraps whilst we poor billions into Foreign wars, foreign despot's coffers and into saving the whole of the Mediterranean/Eastern Europe/Western fringes - involuntarily FFS.

I am tired of the lunacy of AGW shoved down my throat and our children's throats, we need cheap, efficient power supply and now, we could have it, where it not for our political claque belief in faeries at the bottom of the garden and Man Made CO2 emissivity, is going to end the world some time next week, month, year........... Thursday of the 12th of ***king never.

We still have skills, nous, technical knowledge and the traditions and capability to excel again, there is only one barrier, a road block to renewal and regeneration and it is a political inertia, a politics of stupidity, a claque of professional public sector whores who have sold themselves out to; self aggrandizement and power for power's sake.

We must make to re-balance the system once more in our favour.
In favour of, everybody who wants to work hard in Britain can, further - he/she should be allowed to keep the lions share of the profit of his Labours.
We must make to rectifying and hauling ourselves out of this self imposed hell - take power away from the executive and place it back in the hands of: "we the people".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:59 pm 

Richard for President, (as in Lee Kuan Yew )

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:03 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
"The idea that the government - and local authorities - must come grovelling to beg us for their funds each and every year is enough to make the entire exercise worthwhile ... ". So says Devil's Kitchen, who today gives his endorsement to Referism.

DK was once one of Britain's premier independent bloggers, hugely enthusiastic about the medium which he – like many of us – took to for its revolutionary potential, only then to become disillusioned. But his instincts were not wrong. He was simply premature in his expectations, in what was still an immature medium that had yet to find its voice.
View full article here

I have recently enjoyed the talking dog, the 3-year-old orchestral conductor, even Hannan addressing Brown, and Farage insulting Van Rumpy, together with other amusing clips. I believe the terminology is that they have gone viral.

Is it conceivable that Referism could go viral? By the means of including other blogs, and the linking which is now taking place, before long, the news of Referism must surely soon attract the attention of those who must fear it. And this is what it is like: the spies and the eye of Sauron became increasingly aware of a threat coming from the west, a threat so powerless, so unlikely, so feeble, that its deadly force was overlooked until too late.

What we need to fear is the action of the tyrants realising the power of the threat and taking counter-measures in the form of controlling the interweb. I suspect the time is short.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:10 pm 

Ravenscar wrote:
...I am tired of the lunacy of AGW shoved down my throat and our children's throats, we need cheap, efficient power supply and now, we could have it, where it not for our political claque belief in faeries at the bottom of the garden and Man Made CO2 emissivity, is going to end the world some time next week, month, year...........

And now, with even the Germans giving up their nuclear power stations because they have become so stupid that they fear a tsunami will wash their shores and bring about a nuclear disaster (! Yes, really...), the nightmare is getting closer. We may expect the mentally disturbed retards who govern us to imitate the actions of the Germans, emboldened by communal idiocy. And that is after the Japanese incident actually caused minimal harm. The Greenies whisper in their ears like Wormtongue, and seduce their reason. (Sorry, that's my second Tolkein allusion in as many comments. I'll try to stop it; but it is so apposite.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm 

Shakassoc wrote:

Quote:
Is it conceivable that Referism could go viral? By the means of including other blogs, and the linking which is now taking place, before long, the news of Referism must surely soon attract the attention of those who must fear it.

We can help by using the word as much as possible in posting and also on Twitter (which RN does not do(!)) please use hashtag #referism and link this with other hashtags so that people following those other hashtags get to know about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 pm 

I like Melanie Phillips column today in the DM which is about her stance about kleptocracy...errrr I mean 'aid':

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... udget.html

Dr. North, with your connections, could you not contact Melanie Phillips with the idea of 'referism'?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:34 pm 

Sorry for the 2 posts in a row. I have just come home and what should be on the TV? Britain's Got Talent. It is on every night this week at 1930. Britain has got what it wants. Crap TV. How many people watch this rubbish? More people than who are interested in a real change when governments listen to us. We have an uphill to climb because we not only have to compete with MSN; but with the likes of Britain's Got Talent viewers. Don't get me wrong, I love music and I am learning the guitar myself (in my 50s!); but when more people are interested in 'BGT' than what is happening in the wider world, there really is a struggle ahead.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

thespecialone wrote:
I like Melanie Phillips column today in the DM which is about her stance about kleptocracy...errrr I mean 'aid':

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... udget.html

Dr. North, with your connections, could you not contact Melanie Phillips with the idea of 'referism'?

Melanie is MSM ... and a classic "not invented here" lady. She will not touch anything unless she can "own" it. But this is bigger than her ... it belongs to the people. I think we need to build a head of steam and establish the idea, giving it a head of steam before it breaks out into what is loosely called the "mainstream".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm 

thespecialone wrote:
...Don't get me wrong, I love music and I am learning the guitar myself (in my 50s!)...

Er, not necessarily compatible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 pm 

Shakassoc wrote:
thespecialone wrote:
...Don't get me wrong, I love music and I am learning the guitar myself (in my 50s!)...

Er, not necessarily compatible.

You are right. You haven't heard me playing!!! But, here is my small part in 'Referism'. I pay cash to my teacher ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:27 pm 

Shakassok writes:
Quote:
And now, with even the Germans giving up their nuclear power stations because they have become so stupid that they fear a tsunami will wash their shores and bring about a nuclear disaster (! Yes, really...),

No, not really.
Some with ultra-lurid imaginations may see ultra-tsunamis lapping the slopes of the Eiger, but that is not the reason (and you know it), They have realised & admitted that nuclear power-plants are, as they now exist, unacceptably vulnerable, not just from seldom human error for which all possible precautions are taken but from attack of the WTC variety...a possibility which few can possibly deny.
I am pro-nuclear (fission) until something better comes along...fusion, mayhap, if we get lucky...but, in these highly dangerous times, to have these plants dotting the landscape like Aunt Sallys will, eventually, be a temptation that a dedicated terrorist cannot resist.
We do have 1/ Chernobyl and 2/ the WTC as experienced scenarios...& my own opinion is that if we ignore either we do so at enormous peril. Fukushima doesn't even enter my thinking in this respect.
I am neither scientist nor engineer and ask those who know better whether it would be possible to continue the nuclear program by building ‘hardened’ plants deep underground away from the edges of any tectonic plates….fusion may happen tomorrow, or never. Answers please.

Baden-Württemburg has gone green the nonce but it has little to do with nuclear.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next