Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Blogroll hopping
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Hopping blogrolls is quite an entertaining and useful pastime. You open up one blog at random, read the top post, then go to the blogroll and pick another blog at random. Here is a list for starters – pick any one and go on a journey of discovery:

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Blogroll hopping
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:09 am 

I'm one of those guilty of a short blog roll. I used to have a very long one but found that over time an increasing number of the blogs disappeared for some reason. Others lost their spark, some were simply not as interesting or informative as they were claimed to be, a few preached views that I found intolerable (mostly Conservative blogs), some were written by articulate authors who were none the less insufferably pompous, quite a few showed last postings a year or more old, some had one or two postings and no others, etc etc etc, so I had a good clear out.

EUReferendum was one of the tiny handful that survived.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:40 am 
Site Admin

WilliamGruff wrote:
I'm one of those guilty of a short blog roll. I used to have a very long one but found that over time an increasing number of the blogs disappeared for some reason. Others lost their spark, some were simply not as interesting or informative as they were claimed to be, a few preached views that I found intolerable (mostly Conservative blogs), some were written by articulate authors who were none the less insufferably pompous, quite a few showed last postings a year or more old, some had one or two postings and no others, etc etc etc, so I had a good clear out.

EUReferendum was one of the tiny handful that survived.

PDT_Armataz_02_11

You do right ... and that is one of the problems with blogrolls ... they have to be kept up to date. To make it a little easier, I've chosen the blogger option which only shows the five most recent posters, but I'm getting more into the habit of linking other blogs in the text of pieces I write. I do believe, collectively, we can grow the blogosphere by promoting each other. It is not a zero-sum game ... and the interest helps the writing. You take more care if people are looking in, and you also tend to get a feel for what brings in the hits (not perfect), but your readers most definitely have an effect in shaping your writing.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:43 am 

Blog rolling

Scenario

If I break a super injunction and publish facts on my blog which the law says shouldn't be published, are you by association complicit?

e.g. if you have one of these posh blogrolls which publish the title of the latest post. i.e. "Ryan Giggs sues twitter" have you also broken the injunction? PDT_Armataz_01_23

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Anoneumouse wrote:
Blog rolling

Scenario

If I break a super injunction and publish facts on my blog which the law says shouldn't be published, are you by association complicit?

e.g. if you have one of these posh blogrolls which publish the title of the latest post. i.e. "Ryan Giggs sues twitter" have you also broken the injunction? PDT_Armataz_01_23

I would hope that that is the case ... and if you have a blogroll that links to a blog that has a blogroll that links to a blog that has a blogroll ... they can put a million of us in jail.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:17 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Anoneumouse wrote:
Blog rolling

Scenario

I would hope that that is the case ... and if you have a blogroll that links to a blog that has a blogroll that links to a blog that has a blogroll ... they can put a million of us in jail.

Yes, that is the point: Mass rejection (I was going to write 'disobedience' but the obedience should come from them, not us) of their bogus authority.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:11 pm 

Quote:
Yes, that is the point: Mass rejection (I was going to write 'disobedience' but the obedience should come from them, not us) of their bogus authority.

There is a crucially important rejection.
That is a rejection of any alleged member of the Judiciary who will not avow that
the Queen is Sovereign,
no foreign powers or potentates may have jurisdiction in this Realm, even by Treaty
and that our membership of the EU is constitutionally illegal and void.
If the Beak tries to slap you for contempt of court explain sweetly that there is no court until a real member of the Sovereign's Judiciary arrives.
This would need the full attention of the IPB to highlight such a confrontation.
The curious thing about the Rule Of Law is that actually the Constitution is what we consent to.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:20 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Hopping blogrolls is quite an entertaining and useful pastime. You open up one blog at random, read the top post, then go to the blogroll and pick another blog at random. Here is a list for starters – pick any one and go on a journey of discovery:

View full article here

In this journey of discovery I have lost my front door! Forgotten what life is beyond the sodding screen!!!

All your fault.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:25 pm 

Quote:
In this journey of discovery I have lost my front door! Forgotten what life is beyond the sodding screen!!!

All your fault.

You bestride the World in seven-league cyber-boots PDT_Armataz_01_37

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
Quote:

All your fault.

You bestride the World in seven-league cyber-boots PDT_Armataz_01_37

The world is your welly ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:18 pm 

Well, OK. But I might need a change of socks sometime soon. PDT_Armataz_01_05

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

DerekReynolds wrote:
Well, OK. But I might need a change of socks sometime soon. PDT_Armataz_01_05

The world is your smelly ... PDT_Armataz_01_10

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:30 pm 

Richard - re 'A Tory for now' The newest postings are 11 months old !

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]