Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Lessons learned
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:51 am 
Site Admin

The classic claim from the brain dead and those who have absolutely no familiarity with the complexity of the current legislative code is that "ignorance of the law is no defence".

However, the state of the law, and especially much of that emanating from Brussels, is now such that it is almost impossible to work out what much of it actually means. And rather confirming that situation is a report from the Wall Street Journal which tells us that the EU Commission is under fire from its own ombudsman for misreading its own law.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Lessons learned
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 am 

The EU continues to regulate, control and confuse air travelers
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... opWhatNews

We are much better of without it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:57 am 

Yesterday I asked a question "Does anyone in Government think"? Dr North replied "Did I have to ask".

Well here's another example of decisions being made without due process i.e.thinking. Things like this abound all over.

I'll answer my own question then. Yes some do think. The law of averages will see to that. The problem is not enough of them think and those that do don't have the support and power to actually deliver change. I've said before that the real problem with government is not so much the MPs, it's the administrators of the civil service which are the greatest problem. They actively support the status quo as far as change is concerned although they'll bend to change if it delivers more gain for their own interests.

Blogging is all well and good and there is certainly proof that it can be provide a positive influence at times. However, it's going to take more than blogging to change things. Are we relying on demonstrations, rioting and significant unrest as being the main trigger for change? Will this be driven by blog?

More questions than answers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:08 pm 

PeteM wrote:
Yesterday I asked a question "Does anyone in Government think"? Dr North replied "Did I have to ask".

Well here's another example of decisions being made without due process i.e.thinking. Things like this abound all over.

I'll answer my own question then. Yes some do think. The law of averages will see to that. The problem is not enough of them think and those that do don't have the support and power to actually deliver change. I've said before that the real problem with government is not so much the MPs, it's the administrators of the civil service which are the greatest problem. They actively support the status quo as far as change is concerned although they'll bend to change if it delivers more gain for their own interests.

Blogging is all well and good and there is certainly proof that it can be provide a positive influence at times. However, it's going to take more than blogging to change things. Are we relying on demonstrations, rioting and significant unrest as being the main trigger for change? Will this be driven by blog?

More questions than answers.

Hear Hear .
IT`s the civil service that should be first strung up .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:50 pm 

Remove index-linking from Civil Service pensions PDT_Armataz_01_22 PDT_Armataz_01_22
Immense savings to the Nation and a Civil Service that suddenly becomes inflation conscious.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]