Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: A message from an alternative universe
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:25 am 
Site Admin

When it comes to ripping off each others' stories, the blogs are sweet innocents compared with the MSM, who quite routinely copy and paste from their competitors, without so much as a hint of acknowledgement or attribution.

However, one had to had permit a wry smile after the Sunday Times piece on 17 April, which lifted the lid on the boys and goils suffering the hardship of four-star hotels on the Adriatic Riviera, as they zapped Gadaffi's finest.

What was interesting there was that none of the other newspapers ripped off the story. It remained very much a Sunday Times special. My guess is that the bulk of the media is so imbued heroic "Our Boys" narrative that the idea of them idling by the luxury swimming pools, at great cost to the taxpayer, did not fit the preferred narrative.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A message from an alternative universe
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:15 am 

Richard, I think you're being a little harsh on the troops who have to hang around waiting for orders. The reason they use hotels is for security reasons and it's much cheaper than the logistics of moving canvas accommodation for short periods of time. The same happened in the Balkans conflict - hotels provided secure accommodation, equipment storage and office space.

I agree the sum of £1bn will be doubled at the very least. We are once again involved in a war and we have no strategy. Stupid, stupid politicians are desperate to convince us that they're in control. They take us for fools.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 am 

I know it's a point you've made time and again. But politically we are really living in Bizarro World. At least at the beginning of the Iraq war we did have some voices of opposition. OK, mainly from the cowardly and cynically opportunistic Dims. (Let's not forget that even the Syrians thought Saddam had MWD!).

But now everyone in the Westminster bubble seems to think this latest escapade is a jolly good thing. As in so many other things, the only difference between all the UK political parties seems to be varied emphasis on how quickly or slowly we should be doing pretty much the same thing. And meanwhile most of the shots are called by a completely anti-democratic elite in Brussels.

And we're supposed to get excited about elections and the AVR next week? Really?

Never mind, there's always Wills & Kate's hookup to look forward to. And after that, Britain's Got The X Factor, the Olympics and so much else. Wonderful.

Meanwhile we merrily trundle along towards the precipice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:57 am 

Quote:
(Let's not forget that even the Syrians thought Saddam had MWD!).

Then they knew Saddam had none because they were holding them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:25 am 

Bloggers reported yesterday, and it was backed up with video proof, that the rebels in Libya were executing captured Gaddafi troops. They also reported that 7th century brutality was again being used. No mention of this in the MSM of course. No mention from Dave either.

Our left facing colleagues don't have the conscience required to deal with the "rebels" being less saintly than some news broadcaster would have us believe. There is no doubt that there is right and wrong on both sides but the Libyans should be left alone to sort it out for themselves. Innocents being killed or mistreated? Yes. Like ever other war, conflict, revolution etc. etc. etc. Not good but better than the present system where the left, and I include Dave and his band of happy followers, are busily handing money, support and probably power to the very people who are dedicated to our downfall.

You would have thought that the French, following their Vietnam experience, ditto the Americans and of course ourselves would know better and would remember that arming and training rebels is akin to training and arming your enemy who will revisit you with with their own agenda all too soon.

Does anyone think in Government?

Pete

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:35 am 
Site Admin

Subrosa wrote:
Richard, I think you're being a little harsh on the troops who have to hang around waiting for orders. The reason they use hotels is for security reasons and it's much cheaper than the logistics of moving canvas accommodation for short periods of time. The same happened in the Balkans conflict - hotels provided secure accommodation, equipment storage and office space.

I agree the sum of £1bn will be doubled at the very least. We are once again involved in a war and we have no strategy. Stupid, stupid politicians are desperate to convince us that they're in control. They take us for fools.

Y'know, when I was a kid, I went hitchiking in the south of France and Italy. Because we were broke, we carried rucksacks and tents, and we either slept in the tents or used the local hostels. What a fool I was ... I should have realised that it was cheaper to use the local 4-star hotels.

PDT_Armataz_02_11

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 am 

Quote:
we carried rucksacks and tents

I bet we haven't got anywhere near enough, anyway Louis Vitton don't do rucksacks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 am 
Site Admin

PeteM wrote:
Does anyone think in Government?

Pete

Did you need to ask?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
"We are not going to be limited by pounds, shillings and pence?" You do wonder about which planet Fox lives on, but it surely isn't this one.

View full article here

Hmm -- I'm not so sure about planet. It's which century that bothers me. I know you have from time to time referred to that jackass as 14th-Century Fox, following his mis-characterisation of our Taleban chums, but if that were so he would be talking about being limited by groats and crowns. His pounds, shillings and pence reference brings him more up to date, to the 19th or even 20th Century. Whatever, he definitely ain't made it to the 21st.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:42 pm 

UK to deploy troops on Libyan border

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/177138.html

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]