Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The babies are out
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

Fresh from their victory on the streets of Stokes Croft, it seems that Avon and Somerset Police have scored another triumph. Their quest this time was the villain who had drawn a comic Hitler moustache on an election poster for a Tory councillor and pinned it on the village notice board in the tiny Somerset village of Pitcombe, near Wincanton.

Police have stormed through the village carrying out house-to-house inquiries, knocking on the doors of all twenty houses in what has been labelled an operation of "quite stunning overkill". Strangely, even the wuzzies on The Daily Failygraph noticed something amiss, even though they seemed to find nothing particularly wrong with 160 officers from the same force running amok on the streets of Stokes Croft.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The babies are out
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 pm 

More trivia

Hotel singer arrested for singing hate song. Guess what it was?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 pm 

FFS let's arrest the whole country because who hasn't drawn a comic Hitler moustache on something in their lifetime? Or a pair of round NHS specs for that matter... PDT_Armataz_02_28

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:49 pm 

Cllr. Mike Beech has too high an opinion of himself. Here's his website. He should add an addendum to the effect that he was responsible for wasting police time.

http://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/council ... mike-beech

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:10 pm 

Pericles wrote:
Cllr. Mike Beech has too high an opinion of himself. Here's his website. He should add an addendum to the effect that he was responsible for wasting police time.

I'm more of the opinion that it wasn't the councillor that wasted police time that honour goes to the police themselves. Beech is just a puffed up wanna be noticed prat.

I do think that he might have stuffed himself for re-election.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Pericles wrote:

If you click on the "smiley" faces at the bottom, rating the site, up pops a "feedback" form ... where it is possible to rate the "accuracy" of the information. One could note that it lacks certain key information about Beech... namely that he is a total prat.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

rosie wrote:
Pericles wrote:

I'm more of the opinion that it wasn't the councillor that wasted police time that honour goes to the police themselves. Beech is just a puffed up wanna be noticed prat.

I do think that he might have stuffed himself for re-election.

It is still bizarre that the DT can give this so much space, yet virtually ignore the riots ... when you add in the disruption and the loss of business for the locals, that little riot probably has a seven-figure price tag on it. Yet the DT is no longer in the least bit interested!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 pm 

So when you draw a Hitler mustache on a poster the NAZI"s hit the streets?
That's what I call confirmation and it vindicates the 'activist' read terrorist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:43 pm 

Did Hitler own the toothbrush moustache?
Did the poster alterer draw a swastika too?

I thought Chaplin was first, a remote possibility though it maybe - perhaps the poster modifier was after a Charlie Chaplin angle? What will the great detectives do if the perpetrator were to own up with this explanation?

I expect to see some Banksy efforts around Bristol on this theme.

Investigating "hate crime"... looks good on the annual report, get's it's allotment of job time on the critical performance target ticksheet.

As for the Telegraph - anything it's lightweight infotainment newsdesk guffs out doesn't surprise me these days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

moonrakin wrote:
Did Hitler own the toothbrush moustache?
Did the poster alterer draw a swastika too?

You do rather have a point there ... it could be a political statement, opposing BNP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8218726.stm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:01 pm 

You can put this all down to 13yrs of Bliar and McBroon with,a touch of Harperson. We have now followed with Camoron and Cleggy-boy. Were can we buy those AA12's from? PDT_Armataz_02_11 PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 pm 

Of course it could have actually been a Charlie Chaplin moustache: that would explain the appearance of the Keystone Cops.
How would Avon and Somerset's finest have responded to Richard Herring's attempt to rehabilitate the toothbrush 'tache?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Brian wrote:
Of course it could have actually been a Charlie Chaplin moustache: that would explain the appearance of the Keystone Cops.
How would Avon and Somerset's finest have responded to Richard Herring's attempt to rehabilitate the toothbrush 'tache?

Well, he was quite definitely harassing his audience.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:37 am 

Brian wrote:

The photo+ first paragraph made I larf for some reason

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:08 am 

From your link:
Quote:
"In order to change the meaning of a symbol, it requires a few people to go out and change opinions, in the way that gay men did with the skinhead.

"I'm not convinced it will work but people seem to be getting behind the idea. I'm not anticipating it becoming a fashionable thing again but it would be good if people could grow one without the fascist association." [Herring]

What a great idea.

Hey! There are lots of things that could do with this kind of rehabilitation.

I have an idea — let's do a few of them as a job lot. You know, for efficiency's sake, lower carbon and all that.

Tooth-brush moustaches, brown shirts, arm-bands, jackboots.... Yeah! Let's get a half a million of us donning these one Saturday and march through, say, the w0g end of Bradford.

Simultaneous marches in London's East End, Southall, Slough, Leicester, Wolverhampton....

To keep things on the up and up and nice and cheerful let's have lots of singing too. I think marching songs would be ideal. And in that regard nothing would be better than the good old Horst Wessel song. It's got a real stompy beat and punchy tune. Funny thing — my father quite liked military music/bands and all that but oddly enough he bristled whenever snippets of Horst Wessel sounded out on the newsreals and what have you. I remember as a child he once clipped me round the ear for whistling it. Shame. He never did have my refined sense of the aesthetic. But I digress. Back to business.

If we do it at night we could have lots of torches too. Oh they would look marvellous, wouldnt they? Wonderfully atmospheric. Yes, let's do it at night. And the torches could come in handy in so many ways.

Now, we need a unifying symbol for this whole rehabiltation programme and guess what — yes, I think many of you are already ahead of me by now. Damned right. Yes, let's fly lots of these on the march too. It's about time the qualities of this magnificent piece of stark stormstomper art were fully appreciated once again. Updated for current sensitivities of course.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next