Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hail the MSM!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:16 am 
Site Admin

There is a shadowy organisation called Globe International, doncha know. Among its principle (sic) backers are a charity set up by the Swedish multi-millionaire Niklas Zennstrom, founder of the internet phone service Skype, and British-born wealth fund manager Jeremy Grantham, whose personal clients include Dick Cheney and John Kerry.

We now know this because of Jason Lewis, Investigations Editor. And there is real glory for you. I wonder if he gets a special badge. Anyhow, the great Jason Lewis tells us all about it in today's edition of The Sunday Failygraph. How lucky we are to have a real, live "Investigations Editor" on the job.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hail the MSM!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:23 am 

I wonder if Kubizek will be pointing this out to them?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Stuart wrote:
I wonder if Kubizek will be pointing this out to them?

Could just happen. :lol:

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:46 am 

Just wondering, could the national union of Jurnos be playing a part in their lack of freedom of reporting.
i know there is a rule to show the BNP in a bad light by the NUJ but are there other subject to which they are required to comply to NUJ guidelines?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:50 am 

The really sad truth is of course that those who pay for their news never get any - merely one-year-old rehashed accounts, hastily buried lest they upset the slumber of the unwashed masses.

I suppose belated accounts are better than nothing, but none of this will be followed up by the rest of the MSM: the usefully ignorant will remain ignorant!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 am 
Site Admin

Ian E wrote:
The really sad truth is of course that those who pay for their news never get any - merely one-year-old rehashed accounts, hastily buried lest they upset the slumber of the unwashed masses.

I suppose belated accounts are better than nothing, but none of this will be followed up by the rest of the MSM: the usefully ignorant will remain ignorant!

What is depressing about all this is the comments ... all the little sheeple piling in to add their two-cents-worth. The newspaper is living off its "prestige", getting away with low-grade, derivative stuff, just because of its past reputation. But you have to laugh at the pretentiousness of an "investigations editor", doing what would once have been considered the normal fare of a journalist. But, I suppose, anything that doesn't involve simply copying and pasting press releases or agency copy now qualifies as "investigative journalism". Next, they'll be wearing special uniforms and giving themselves medals.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:59 am 

Belated plagiarism at its best.

But at least he fleshes out a few of the financial threads.

Worth keeping a copy.

But I wonder why the Fairygraph is publishing this now?

It could be just a slow day, so Jason Lewis went rummaging in his wastepaper basket. But it would probably have been helpful if he'd come out all guns blazing (AND acknowledging his sources!) last year.

How long is it supposed to take for a brontosaurus's brain to register that he's just been booted up the arse?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Martin Brumby wrote:
Belated plagiarism at its best.

But at least he fleshes out a few of the financial threads.

Worth keeping a copy.

But I wonder why the Fairygraph is publishing this now?

It could be just a slow day, so Jason Lewis went rummaging in his wastepaper basket. But it would probably have been helpful if he'd come out all guns blazing (AND acknowledging his sources!) last year.

How long is it supposed to take for a brontosaurus's brain to register that he's just been booted up the arse?

If we'd been given the space this man gets, then we'd have done a number ... and a follow-up. Booker is now so limited for space that we don't have room any more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:47 am 

Richard - However late it may be, let's be thankful that one part of the MSM is publishing something that runs contrary to the pro-warmist, desperation blitz that seems to have been the order of the day since the December snow. As for 'sheeple', we cannot all be original thinkers - we just want to show our support for the truth whenever and wherever it briefly emerges. And a great many are bigging up EU Referendum... Enjoy!

Cheers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 am 

Isn't it ironic? The plebs get TV time delayed for those who don't want to pay for Sky

And the same plebs get time-delayed news that they have to pay for, when it was on the Internet months ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Rocket88 wrote:
Richard - However late it may be, let's be thankful that one part of the MSM is publishing something that runs contrary to the pro-warmist, desperation blitz that seems to have been the order of the day since the December snow. As for 'sheeple', we cannot all be original thinkers - we just want to show our support for the truth whenever and wherever it briefly emerges. And a great many are bigging up EU Referendum... Enjoy!

Cheers

Why should I be thankful that the MSM cobbles together a half-baked version of a story that we did over a year ago, by a pretentious little prat who calls himself an "investigations editor" ... does that mean he has his Googling badge as well as his NVQ in cutting and pasting?

If the ST had given us that space a year ago, when it could have made a difference, the story would have been worth doing ... now, you can even read about it on wikipedia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:05 pm 

I have to say that I find the tone of this post likely to be counter-productive. Of course it's easy for me to say, since I'm an armchair reader rather than someone who has worked this lonely beat for many years. However, perhaps we need to differentiate between the Louise Grays and other hacks?

Aside from Booker and Delingpole, there is little enough interest from MSM in these kind of stories. Is it really useful to attack someone with such vitriol when he steps out his comfort zone?

And rather than simply reproducing blog posts on his byline, he does appear to have spent time to show the web of nepotism underlying GLOBE.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

slowjoe wrote:
I have to say that I find the tone of this post likely to be counter-productive. Of course it's easy for me to say, since I'm an armchair reader rather than someone who has worked this lonely beat for many years. However, perhaps we need to differentiate between the Louise Grays and other hacks?

Aside from Booker and Delingpole, there is little enough interest from MSM in these kind of stories. Is it really useful to attack someone with such vitriol when he steps out his comfort zone?

And rather than simply reproducing blog posts on his byline, he does appear to have spent time to show the web of nepotism underlying GLOBE.

Two things irritate me here, exceedingly so.

The first is the attempt to "own" the story ... no one else exists except the mighty Sunday Telegraph, so when Lewis writes the story, recycling old material, he puts his name on other people's work and calls it his own. If I as a blogger did that, very quickly there would be comments pointing it out, perhaps with some sardonic comments on other blogs. If an academic did that, it would be called plagiarism.

What I would do, of course, is link to the previous stories, and then take them further. But the great, almighty MSM doesn't do this!! It is so grand and up its own arse that it can't possibly acknowledge that anyone else exists.

My second problem is the pretentiousness of Lewis's title. This is straight out of "environmental operative" territory - one of the names for a dustman. He's a journalist doing a straightforward, reasonably competent rehash, adding a bit of additional detail ... but missing out a lot of other detail. But everybody's an "editor" these days ... and an "investigations" editor ... pah!

Excuse me for taking the piss ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:32 pm 

It's too late now because the rumpus has died down, Lewis can have his day in the sun.

Booker is an embarrassment for the Barclay prats, if they had have allowed Booker free reign, even the politicians would have been unsettled, now months down the line it's OK and Lewis can pretend it is his story.

CB, is one of the few left at the Telegraph who tells it how it is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:35 pm 

"Why should I be thankful that the MSM cobbles together a half-baked version of a story that we did over a year ago, by a pretentious little prat who calls himself an "investigations editor" ... does that mean he has his Googling badge as well as his NVQ in cutting and pasting?"

It doesn't hurt to be reminded of this or for those who missed it the first time to be made aware. And it's getting some excellent coverage on WUWT. Besides Kubizek is doing an excllent job of showing where the news first broke though I would wish his comments were a little less caustic!
You will benefit because many will follow the links, become aware of your site and pay future visits which can only be a good thing.

Sometimes Richard you remind me of a General who has entered the battle but his troop numbers are severely down simply because he has kneecapped many of his lieutenants for their failure to keep up! Hopefully when the war is won you will receive the medals and rewards you justly deserve but please try to refrain from debilitating the troops.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next