Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Foxtrot Oscar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Do you ever get the feeling that you just don't want to be part of this world any more? You read of the unutterable fool Clegg, and his vapourings on nuclear energy. Then you see that the really are going ahead with smart meters - the "big brother" in every house that can cut you off when you have gone over your "carbon" quota. Then you see this and this, and you know that we've come to the end of the world as we know it. There is no way back. It's gone too far.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Foxtrot Oscar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm 

Do you ever get the feeling that you just don't want to be part of this world any more?

YES!

Sorry not much added to the post but then running through the links we get this purler from Cancun Himself

Climate secretary Chris Huhne announced the government expects more than half of new energy-generating capacity built in the UK by 2025 to come from renewable sources.

Without smart grids, such a reliance on renewable sources, which produce variable amounts of energy, would introduce instability into the national electricity network.

Read more: http://www.theengineer.co.uk/news/briti ... z1I5oZBnxd

Can't someone take him for a walk in the woods. Telling him there is a coven of lesbians to convert should do the trick!

Once I move I am going off grid!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:21 pm 

Sometimes I think it is my age. But no, the country in many respects was better fifty years ago. We are truly stuffed unless we do something.

Any thoughts on the Rally Against Debt which is being talked about?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm 

Regularly!

I used to think that I was born too early to fully experience the brave new world of technology (which I love!). Now I have come to realise that, if I'm really lucky, I might just have been born early enough to avoid the politician's fully developed 'Brave New World'!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 pm 

Quote:
The DECC estimates the roll-out of smart meters to have a net benefit to the nation of £7.3bn over the next 20 years.

From your link Richard.

'Net benefit' to the nation?

This is EU inspired, all of it - it is big brother because if you don't conform and are connected to the grid, you will be disconnected it's less subtle than internet censorship but equally effective.
I am going to have to get a household generator if I want my lighting to remain on............. !

DEFRA and Cima? Wow, now there's a combination of bungling eejits if ever I heard one....puts me in mind of this. Hand me that toolkit, now where's that glue....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 pm 

Regarding the article about accountants, we are not the only country, my brother in law was (until recently) working for PWC in Australia, when I saw him last year he mentioned that PWC have a whole department devoted to "climate change adaptation" or to put it more correctly "making money out of the global warming scare", now that that idiot Gillard is in charge I can only see it getting worse in Oz.
This whole thing is getting out of control

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:50 pm 

Quote:
Rob Carter

At least the Aussies are beginning to see sense and you can get rid of your government Rob, we can't rid ourselves so easily of the EU tyranny - our politicians are too stupid to see that the EU is destroying our nation and the destruction continues accelerating, we are on a journey to oblivion in one and a half generations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:19 pm 

What is this incessant fetish for the future leading to? We are seeing ever more grand plans stretching further and further into the future. 20 years of smart meters. 40 years of carbon emissions. Is it intentional - to distract from the problems of today that go un-acknowledged and un-addressed by those we task to deal with them?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:22 pm 

Clegg the sceptics gift that just keeps giveing.

Question.....which one is the biggest moron Huhne or Clegg.

PS let's not forget that according to the bien pensant faction in London. Clegg was going to win the last election and if not win it make massive gains in seats.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 pm 

Ravenscar wrote:
Quote:
Rob Carter

At least the Aussies are beginning to see sense and you can get rid of your government Rob, we can't rid ourselves so easily of the EU tyranny - our politicians are too stupid to see that the EU is destroying our nation and the destruction continues accelerating, we are on a journey to oblivion in one and a half generations.

Regrettably I am not in Oz!, firmly anchored in the UK I'm afraid, needless to say I agree with your comments.
From what I have heard from down under Gillard will be a one term pm, much like Cameron I think?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:33 pm 

Smart meters! What a glorious invention.

It will soon be possible to coerce individuals through their electricity meters -- and all without the tedious involvement of the courts. In winter, at a whim, a taste of Siberia can be doled out to the disaffected without the need for camps and guards. And at any time of the year, as a subtle hint to shape up, the dissident can be put on cold rations.

Looking on the bright side, there'll be less electricity available for application to electrodes attached to sensitive parts of the anatomy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:58 pm 

My wife does some work for CIMA in Irleland. She let CIMA UK know that the Greens are not very popular in Ireland right now (the party polled less than 2%) so CIMA Ireland would not be publicising this crap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 pm 

"What can we do for you" the politicos cried, "we'll cut off your electricity and you can starve", said the not-the-conservative party. Just how many of us are Cameron, Clogg and buffHuhne prepared to kill? They really are working at being the worst government this Country has ever suffered. PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:38 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Do you ever get the feeling that you just don't want to be part of this world any more?

YES!

I sometimes feel, well actually quite often, that I'm part of the last 'normal' generation before we descend into a nation of drones.

Everybody seems to be happy taking the blue pill and staying in the Matrix.

And can we rely on MSM for [s]intelligent[/s]* educated reporting, nope.

http://timworstall.com/2011/03/30/50-billion-each/

* That's meant to be strike through text but it appears to be turned off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:33 pm 

I was always in two minds about nuclear power but I think I've now come down against it.

A little while ago I was re-reading a very old English classic book called 'Old St Paul's' by William Harrison Ainsworth, which is about the Fire and Plague of London in the 1600s and written shortly after them. I suppose it's the granddaddy of all the 'plague' books published in the 20th century and an absolute horror. It suddenly occurred to me, thinking of this Japanese nuclear problem and the fact that many people are saying that nuclear facilities are now safe, can be coped with, etc., etc. -- what would happen if there were a plague, for instance, which wiped out 90% of the population in the countries in which nuclear power stations are situated? These stations need trained staff to cope with the problems which occur, such as earthquakes, tsunamis, etc., and if there are no suitable people left to do so, then it would be runaway radiation throughout the world, probably killing off any of us who were left...

Yes, I know it's a one-in-a-million possibility, but it could happen.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next