Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Beyond barking
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 am 
Site Admin

This is so utterly mad that you cannot believe that anyone on this side of a secure mental ward could actually offer it as a serious suggestion.

But the biggest farce of all is the EU's blithe assumption that it can suggest policy that will take effect in forty years. At the current rate, the chances of it still being in existence in even four years is pretty remote. And even if it does last that long, I would not take any odds on it lasting ten years.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Beyond barking
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 am 

They also plan to reduce shipping emissions by 40%.
It's time to ban the EU and the crowd of lunatic servants

Off topic: 120 ships stuck in the ice of the Finnish Gulf
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110328/163243727.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:38 am 
Site Admin

rhaan wrote:
They also plan to reduce shipping emissions by 40%.
It's time to ban the EU and the crowd of lunatic servants

Off topic: 120 ships stuck in the ice of the Finnish Gulf
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110328/163243727.html

Yeah ... blogged on that one ... dangerous stuff this global warming.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:42 am 

What's with that big "male symbol" on the side of the car in the Mail article?

Is it possible to make this car look any more naff than it is already?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:59 am 

Has anyone ever seen an estimate of exactly how much power it takes to recharge one of those electric cars? I remember that a friend of mine bought her little son one of those little electric jeeps that were popular a while back, but the battery charges on the thing were running her power bill through the roof and she had to get rid of it. That was about 20 years back, though, although it was about the size of a small golf cart, and the size difference would also have to be adjusted for to get an improvement curve. Have they gotten any better?

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:04 am 

D'ya know, there always has to be a flipside/upside to everything.

Being old, well not that old, but I'm 45 and I'll doubt I'll live another 40 years. I've enjoyed my beer and food over the years, not smoked and I do get regular exercise walking the dog twice a day, but I don't think I'll make 85.

Plus I'm probably going to emigrate when I hit retirement at 60. Although married, I don't have any children, so I don't have to worry about the future when I'm gone.

Personally, I wouldn't want to have been born in the last 20 years. I hope what is coming can be stopped, but if not then I won't be around to worry about it. Yes, it is a tad selfish, I do apologise.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:54 am 
NEWSFLASH

150 masked men armed with submachine guns, machetes, broadswords, samurai swords and ten flame-throwers crashed through security at the House of Commons while it was in full sitting, secured the exits and brutally killed every member inside.

Most of the killing was done with the machetes and swords while the flamethrowers and guns were mainly used to coral the victims.

The attack was frenzied and vicious and no mercy was shown. In fact, the killers went out of their way to taunt their victims and hacked at them piecemeal, removing limbs and other body parts before setting fire to them as they finally bled to death. They made a point of taking their time about it and only speeded things up to prevent their own physical exhaustion.

Similar attacks were carried out simultaneously in Brussels, the humanities departments at most UK universities and other hotbeds of peeceedom. Oh, and the asian 'community' in Britain was exterminated too.

Woops! I dozed off there. Nice little reverie.

Has anyone killed Cameron yet?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:11 am 

mamapajamas wrote:
Has anyone ever seen an estimate of exactly how much power it takes to recharge one of those electric cars? I remember that a friend of mine bought her little son one of those little electric jeeps that were popular a while back, but the battery charges on the thing were running her power bill through the roof and she had to get rid of it. That was about 20 years back, though, although it was about the size of a small golf cart, and the size difference would also have to be adjusted for to get an improvement curve. Have they gotten any better?

Have a read at this NYT article about electric cars.
It's total madness really. Besides that the main problem we have is to replace a fuel tank with hundreds of pounds of rare metals.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/20 ... r-problems

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:10 am 

The guy behind this madness, Siim Kallas, is a former Soviet Union Communist Party member

http://ec.europa.eu/commission_2010-201 ... dex_en.htm

But I guess you knew that already

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:34 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
This is so utterly mad that you cannot believe that anyone on this side of a secure mental ward could actually offer it as a serious suggestion.

But the biggest farce of all is the EU's blithe assumption that it can suggest policy that will take effect in forty years. At the current rate, the chances of it still being in existence in even four years is pretty remote. And even if it does last that long, I would not take any odds on it lasting ten years.

View full article here

Well elements of this are already happening today. Older cards are now banned from most German cities

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/news ... -cars.html

and the Low Emission Zone in London is a step in this direction, with further restrictions coming in next year. Baby steps at the moment but the principle has been established. It's divide and rule, each step only affects a small number of people, never enough to form a critical mass of opposition against the idea.

Only allowing electric vehicles is the logical next step. As you say it's barking, and they might not be around to enforce it, but no-one in the establishment is going to stand up and speak against this idea.

Off topic but the de-industrialisation of Germany comes a step closer with the Greens forming a Government with partners in a German state. Looks like all their nukes are going to be history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12880732

The Greens obviously enjoyed a Fukushima bounce, but in Germany they're a strong party the whole time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:39 am 

I saw something (I think on AM's blog) about this.

Apparently, they also have a vision of zero deaths on the roads in the same timescale.

That means the end for people like me who enjoy motorcycling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 pm 

With Germany (and who knows who else) about to abandon nuclear power where do they expect to get the electricity these vehicles require? Wind? My arse.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:13 am 
Site Admin

kellyseye wrote:
With Germany (and who knows who else) about to abandon nuclear power where do they expect to get the electricity these vehicles require? Wind? My arse.....

Sails ... if they take the batteries out, they should go faster as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:04 am 

"Sails...they would go faster as well", but not necessarily in the right direction!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

Derek W Buxton wrote:
"Sails...they would go faster as well", but not necessarily in the right direction!

Movement is all ... never mind the direction.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next