Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Military execution
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

No doubt the magnificent Kermits in their flying machines are justly proud of their derring do, in shooting down a Libyan jet, caught defying the "no-fly" zone. Swooping down in their high-tech Rafale fighters, launching their multi-million-euro guided missiles, there was no escape from our gallant allies.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Military execution
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:27 pm 

That taught them a lesson didn't it? /sarc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:29 pm 

Given Gadaffi's history, it says something when one can have a sneaking sympathy for him and his gang being bullied.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:31 pm 

comet wrote:
Given Gadaffi's history, it says something when one can have a sneaking sympathy for him and his gang being bullied.

Trouble is, it's likely that who or whatever replaces his regime will likely be as bad, or worse

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

comet wrote:

It really is quite stunning ... tho' I wouldn't go so far as to express sympathy for the Libyans in their jet. They died of stupidity ... if indeed they did die. It just strikes me as total overkill here, and I find all this "derring do" more than a little bit distasteful.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:55 pm 

Bloody hell, brave Kermits, I thought,.... and then read the article. Bit different there isn't it. I like your Spitfire and Tiger Moth comparison though. It's a good job it wasn't shot up by one of ours though, the media would have been frothing at the mouth over it, courts marshal called for and God knows what!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:40 pm 

I find this whole thing completely disturbing, even more so due to the almost unanimous support among the politicians, media and chatterati.

Firstly, I don't have knowledge of the circumstances surrounding this attack, but since when did an aircraft taxiing on the ground constitute a breach of the "no fly zone"?. Whatever you think about the Libyans, there's generally a spirit among aviators, and this sucks.

It seems to me that this military effort is a thinly veiled effort to overthrow Gaddafi under UN auspices. At the very least, we're picking sides in a civil war that has nothing to do with us.

The coalition are authorised to use "all necessary measures" to protect civilians, but there's no word yet on whether the coalition will use similar methods to protect civilians from the actions of the rebels. The Americans are doing the smart thing and getting out of the foreground. I predict that the coalition will soon fall apart, leaving Franco/British forces holding the baby. At least there's a chance the Italians will kick out the RAF and we'll have to head home, leaving the Kermits in charge with their aircraft carrier.

Cameron's war will become yet another farce of an operation that will serve to further sully Britain's international reputation. Who knows where it will lead.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:21 pm 

comet wrote:

A lot of people know that Libya was framed for the Pan Am bombing which they didn't commit. Plus they're also fed up of the West and us, invading countries/starting wars for oil, for which we have no business interfering in. If Gadaffi wants to sell his oil to someone else, that is his choise.

DaveEvans wrote:
comet wrote:

Trouble is, it's likely that who or whatever replaces his regime will likely be as bad, or worse

Yep, the Muslim Brotherhood and others must be loving what is happening as they seek to fill the vacuum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:36 pm 

Davehannah wrote:
I find this whole thing completely disturbing, even more so due to the almost unanimous support among the politicians, media and chatterati.

That's it. You can see all sorts of possible motivations for this, but serving British interests doesn't seem to be one.

The moral argument is vapid at best, when you consider Burma, China, North Korea, Syria and dozens of other places and no interest in gung ho military interference there.

No defined objectives and mission creep. No exit strategy. No thought as to what might happen next and the possibility that what follows might be worse and less controllable than what went before. Little consideration of the costs and long term commitments (which always turn out much larger than anyone thought). It's not particularly clear who's in charge.

And all the time you're left thinking that rather than muck about in a military adventure with poorly defined objectives, there are problems at home which should be a higher priority.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:40 pm 

I see we're sending an aircraft carrier to the Middle East.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pyard.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

RoadHog wrote:
I see we're sending an aircraft carrier to the Middle East.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pyard.html

We don't even do our own dismantling now ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:42 pm 

The missile was worth more than the Soko G-2 Galeb, allegedly. PDT_Armataz_01_06

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:08 pm 

Can anyone tell me where he's wrong?
Sorry for the length, I have no influence on his evangelism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKeh4ge0mEE

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 pm 

Read a nice summation of the "dogfight"

"In fighter-pilot terms this mismatch is called a “Two Hit Fight.” They hit you and you hit the ground".

Still, it gets the message over to the Libyan Airforce.What we do about snipers and the tanks rolling into town at night is another matter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 am 

DaveEvans wrote:
Can anyone tell me where he's wrong?
Sorry for the length, I have no influence on his evangelism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKeh4ge0mEE

Quite entertaining.It all comes out of the Tony Blair school of thought,whose foreign policy was "if you can do something ,you should".Which seems to tie in the woolly UN/Obama stratgey on the ME.It is definately going to prove testing for Israel in the next few years as the dust settles.

My quibble is this all goes wrong when you start bringing God into it,as in " trust in God,he will take care of us",which both Blair and Beck do,even though Beck would claim they are on opposite sides.

They should take note of Alister Campbell's "We dont do God".

Beck also confuses England with the United Kingdom PDT_Armataz_01_17

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next