Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Creative writing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:25 am 
Site Admin

Dellers is in fine form with his latest piece: "I wrote the epitaph on Dave Cameron's Tories the day they were elected. It has been downhill ever since. And don't get me started on this bloody pointless new war…", he writes. Thus does he demonstrate, as he has been doing with a few pieces of late, that there is life after climate change, an issue which is just as vibrant and expensive as ever it was – although clearly leaving increasing numbers of people unmoved.

Nonetheless, one of the commenters on the Dellers piece adds a link to this piece, which details Georgie's new "carbon tax" in yesterday's budget, dubbed the "2011 budget for growth". This new tax is the floor price for "carbon" and is going to have a drastic effect on energy costs and on intensive energy users, such as steel-makers and metal foundries, but it has been sneaked in largely without comment, all contributing to the pressures which are going to restrict growth.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Creative writing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:38 am 

I might be mistaken but I believe Dellers said to vote Tory before the election.

So who pray tell are we supposed to vote for?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:44 am 
Site Admin

Stuart wrote:
I might be mistaken but I believe Dellers said to vote Tory before the election.

Sadly, and to his eternal shame, he did ... but like so many, he thought Dave and his merry boys and goirls, would come good ... as he points out in his piece. It is going to take a long time before most people recognise that the system is broken, and the implications of that. In the short-term, it suggests that voting should be tactical, disruptive, wherever possible, aimed at destabilising the system and keeping the incumbent unsettled.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 am 

Stuart wrote:

Who indeed. There is no difference whatsoever between the parties and I for one believe this is deliberate as it stops the majority from participating in politics. The political class in this country are like ostriches. If they cannot see 'it' then 'it' is not a problem but as Richard points out bubbles are rising.

On a personal level after a couple of e-mails to my MP Mr John Woodcock about the census and the state run theft of people's private details where he came back with the 'coagulation' party line (even though he is a Labour MP) about how I should trust the ONS because he does, as if, I am totally convinced voting in the current system is a waste of time but short of the Gadfly proving he is actually capable of bring down large planes and guiding one to a large building in London or enough of the masses on this land stop paying tax I cannot see how the shower of shite can be swept away.

Asking them to change and become honest will never work. However I do take heart. Belgium is proving that anarchy isn't half bad and hopefully the collapse of the Spanish economy will kill the EU. The Spanish could turn out to be the heroes of the 21st Century

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 am 

Interesting painting in Deller's piece, thought it was the building of the Underground in front of St Pancras for a split second. But no, it's destruction - most apt.

Got this through an email - unkown source:

How true is this. Scary At first I thought this was funny....Then I realised the awful truth of it.
Be sure to read all the way to the end!

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table At which he's fed.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts Anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he Tries to think.

Tax his car, Tax his fuel, Find other ways To tax the fool.

Tax all he has Then let him know That you won't be done Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he's laid.

When he's gone, Do not relax, It’s time to apply The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Airline surcharge tax
Airline Fuel Tax
Airport Maintenance Tax
Building Permit Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Death Tax
Driving Permit Tax
Environmental Tax (Fee)
Excise Taxes
Income Tax
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Petrol Tax (too much per litre)
Gross Receipts Tax
Health Tax
Inheritance Tax
Interest Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Mortgage Tax
Personal Income Tax
Property Tax
Poverty Tax
Prescription Drug Tax
Real Estate Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Retail Sales Tax
Service Charge Tax
School Tax
Telephone Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Water Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

And Now they want a bloody Carbon Tax !

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was one of the
most prosperous in the world.. We had absolutely no national debt, had a
large middle class, and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the "Hell" happened? Can you spell ’ lying parasite politicians wasting our money’ ?
And then, there are the bank charges !
I hope this goes around the UK at least 1000 times !!!
YOU can help it get there!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:14 am 
Site Admin

WilliamF wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Who indeed. There is no difference whatsoever between the parties and I for one believe this is deliberate as it stops the majority from participating in politics. The political class in this country are like ostriches. If they cannot see 'it' then 'it' is not a problem but as Richard points out bubbles are rising.

On a personal level after a couple of e-mails to my MP Mr John Woodcock about the census and the state run theft of people's private details where he came back with the 'coagulation' party line (even though he is a Labour MP) about how I should trust the ONS because he does, as if, I am totally convinced voting in the current system is a waste of time but short of the Gadfly proving he is actually capable of bring down large planes and guiding one to a large building in London or enough of the masses on this land stop paying tax I cannot see how the shower of shite can be swept away.

Asking them to change and become honest will never work. However I do take heart. Belgium is proving that anarchy isn't half bad and hopefully the collapse of the Spanish economy will kill the EU. The Spanish could turn out to be the heroes of the 21st Century

This is the great myth ... that life without government is anarchy. For most of life, there is absolutely no need for government, and one would, therefore, expect things to run much better in its absence. The problem for governments is that, if people realised this. then they would be far less tolerant of government interference, and the attendant costs. Hence great efforts are made to perpetuate the myth.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:01 pm 

DerekReynolds wrote:
Grrr, and you can add to that list of taxes:
Insurance Premium Tax
National Insurance
Television Licence
Vehicle Excise Duty
PDT_Armataz_01_19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:47 pm 

I made the mistake of getting a photo driving licence. I've just had a demand for £20 to renew it! The paper licence is worthless without the photo licence FFS!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:53 pm 

Tomorrow the eejits will be out in force and revolting, which is what these Marxist nutters are.

Now then it strikes me [pun intended] that tomorrows protest - is some of the type of thing we would like to see but! this is the wrong issue to get ansty about.

Tomorrow's protest by Marxist-rent-a-mob, will be violent and ultimately achieve nothing, such anger is stirred up by the luvvies in the media where else but al Beebera and in the salons of the champagne quaffing Union bosses mansions, not forgetting their big mate and glottal stop boy Ed Milipeed minor, sticking his oar in.

Wind 'em up and watch 'em stick it to the Tory boys.
Police and ultimately, the taxpayer footing the bill of course.

If they did care a toss, or if they had any collective idea [pun not intended], then they'd be seeking real change and a real future for the British worker and Britain - out of the economic strait-jacket of the Big state and Welfare dependency and the EU - but do Turkey's vote for Christmas?? - Lets face it, tomorrow, there will not be any real workers there, bar some nurses and doctors, all the rest will be, students [who are not affected by future loan rises], pen pushers, global warming co-ordinators and loanees from Greenpeace/WWF eco-trouble making squads.

Lord preserve us, from stupid demonstrations. There is so much we should be jumping up and down about and public sector cuts [what bloody cuts] isn't it.

I'll shall look on in horror tomorrow, wondering about the stupidity of some of my fellow countrymen/women, in stunned silence.

Let us hope nobody turns up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:30 am 

"This is perhaps what really gets up your nose about the <strike>Cleggeron</strike> <b>Obamites</b> is – their patronising lies, patronising because they tell them so glibly, with no real attempt to conceal them, in the blithe assumption that we are too stupid to understand what we are being told."

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]