Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: A new Hague doctrine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

The case for continuing military strikes remained "utterly compelling", says Willie Hague. But the case he doesn't make is why it should be our military and our money which is being spent on this venture.

Nor has this pretend foreign minister given any indication as to what his administration expects to achieve for our money. "It is not for us to choose the government of Libya - that is for the Libyan people themselves", he says. "But they have a far greater chance of making that choice now than seemed likely on Saturday, when the opposition forces were on the verge of defeat and the lives of so many were in danger".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A new Hague doctrine
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:23 pm 

I wonder how many casevac trauma wards this bunch will visit when the traumatic amputees get home.?

When they have the 'commemoration' said limbless soldiers won't be allowed to be in the front row........Just you wait and see....

Maybe Vague will build a land fit for heroes? They'll have to wait in a long queue for social housing mind.......

and if they go hungry they can always eat cake.

But then I'm quite mad so what do I know?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:40 pm 

The grand plan is to plant North Africa full with solar farms to serve our future economies with electricity and hydrogen gas.

We only need some people to dust off the solar panels once in a while.

In the mean time we confiscate Tamoil and all the other assets and foreign investments of the Qadaffi regime and earn ourselves a golden nose rebuilding the county. It's a great deal. And if we play our cards carefully we have another country under UN control.
Don't you love it. Union and Solidarity and a beautiful green economy with smart grids delivering power to stupid people.
What more do you want.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm 

It is true, they have totally lost the plot and all sense of reason - if they [Hague et al] ever possessed that ability [to reason] in the first place, one really has to wonder.

Quite what they expected to happen - did they think and expect Obarmy and the US to take the responsibility and brunt?
I think, Cameron and the Tory dolts thought that it would happen, it ain't. Ronnie has gone.

So on to plan B............er............... .

Bunch of puerile empty heads, clueless about history and drawing up strategies ie, a 'worst case scenario'.

We once had a Foreign Office, which was cynical - worldly wise, clued up and diplomatically duplicitous, full of old 'hands', perfect for Realpolitik, what the **** happened? Mind you the recruitment process stretches credibility, in that -any utcn can 'wander' in and so, maybe it's not so surprising.

Small wonder they [the Tories} also believe in AGW and most probably believe everything the BBC says.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:38 pm 

Our "Allies".......this is great........and this can only end in tears, with this lot around.

Why Are Pacifist Europeans Declaring War on Libya?
An unintended but highly illuminating irony of the military intervention in Libya is that it has exposed the duplicity behind European pacifism.

Zapatero has also been careful to appoint only pacifists as Spanish ministers of defense. Zapatero’s first defense minister, the controversial José Bono Martínez, proclaimed: “I am a minister of defense and I would rather be killed than to kill.” He then issued orders prohibiting Spanish troops in Afghanistan from harming Taliban fighters.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/why-are-pa ... -on-libya/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:32 pm 

That was class Richard. I have to agree with you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

whcs wrote:
That was class Richard. I have to agree with you.

:) :) :)

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:13 pm 

I think the arseholes in the EU are trying to recreate the Holy Roman Empire. Dickheads.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

john in cheshire wrote:
I think the arseholes in the EU are trying to recreate the Holy Roman Empire. Dickheads.

The phrase "Mare Nostrum" seems to come to mind ... that sort of goes back to the original Roman Empire.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:16 am 

John in Cheshire said
Quote:
I think the arseholes in the EU are trying to recreate the Holy Roman Empire.

I think it is in fact the unHoly Roman Empire which came before Christ and Christians transformed it into 'Christendom' and The Holy Roman Empire (which occasionally was holy and noble).
The Roman Empire covered the North African countries, Turkey and Syria. It covered England and I think Wales but not Scotland and I do not think Ireland. It did not cover Scandinavia but did cover the original Treaty of Rome six countries as well as Spain, Portugal, The Balkans, Rom(e)ania, Greece and all the Mediterranean islands. It also gained control of Israel (which it held when Christ was born in Bethleham six miles outside Jerusalem) and was executed and rose from the dead in Jerusalem. This Israel included Jordon and Gaza. The Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD after a Jewish rebellion killing and enslaving millions - taking most of the people off their land- and around 130 AD Emperor Hadrian renamed it Palestine out of spite. This was after their ancient enemies The Philistines of whom Goliath of Gaza was the most famous (circa 1000 BC). The Israelis started to return from 1918 when The Turks were kicked out by The British from Jerusalem but Hitler accelerated the process. Israel was refounded officially in 1948. The Suez affair of 1956 would have given The British-French-Israelis control of the Suez Canal and stabilised the region and our independence. The US strongarmed us to back down. The French then threw themselves into The Treaty of Rome. We clung to The USA as junior lietenants to a much senior officer but MacMillan, Heath and others were plotting our entrance to The Treaty of Rome empire.
In retrospect it is amazing we were not railroaded into it until 1973. Maybe The Beatles and 007 James Bond gave us a tad more self-confidence and self-reliance and independence in the 60s.
But for better or worse, holy or unholy, we are a conquered nation as surely as Alexander The Great being at the gates of our city. Then again his Empire split four ways after his brief rule of an empire of nations impossible to join into one coherent whole.
This Empire seems destined to last but a short space !!

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]