Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Political incomprehension
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 am 
Site Admin

The average British household has seen its real-terms income fall by £365 in the worst three-year squeeze since the early 1980s, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies, dragging it down 1.6 percent since 2008. During the previous half-century, the average income had risen by 1.6 percent each year.

Against that, inflation is up to 4.4 percent, taxes are up, and are set to increase further with today's budget, as Government finances continue to spiral out of control. This is balanced by reduced entitlements, poorer services, increased charges and public sector fees – all the while the ruling classes continue to pay themselves more and better salaries and pensions.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Political incomprehension
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 am 

Not so much a death wish as an absolute conviction that, in the unlikely event that we should wake from our slumber, 'The Police' and armed forces can protect them.

I've been without an income for over eight months and have finally swallowed my pride, bitten the bullet and signed on (an extremely irritating process about which I am trying to bring myself to write). Thinking about the deed after I'd done it the thought very briefly occurred to me that I was lucky to have the welfare state to fall back on, only to be dispelled almost immediately by the realisation that my wife and I could live reasonably well on her earnings alone, were she not taxed so highly to pay for the welfare state. We live in a very modest, over priced, privately rented house and we pay approx £1,666.00 / annum in Council tax alone. Mrs Gruff is not badly paid yet we had just £25.00 / week, after all bills are paid, for food, for the two of us, which is why I signed on. A year ago I had two jobs and we had two cars. Now we're struggling to survive. I'm ready for the off, when it does kick off.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I voted for neither Pinky nor Perky.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 am 

When will the British arrive at their collective senses?

Most people smell a rat, yet still shrug their shoulders - what's it going to take?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 am 

Ravenscar wrote:

Most people smell a rat, yet still shrug their shoulders - what's it going to take?

Exactly my thoughts.

I am coming to the conclusion that the "British" people now stand for nothing, are easily led and are incapable of defending themselves . There must be a word for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:33 am 

Ravenscar wrote:

They won't. If I were to say EDL, what would your first thoughts be? Skinhead football thugs out for a day of violence and just wanting to kick off?

Even on the blogs, where people know what the MSM is like, people still buy into this rubbish. The EDL is the nearest thing in Britain to people revolting against the system. Although it is about Islamism, it is also those that are fed up of suffering at the hands of multiculturalism and immigration, which has led to a dramatic fall in their living standards. Minimum wage is the norm for many as there are no industries to work in anymore nor are there apprenticeships to be taken up.

Only those that have absolutely nothing to lose will get off of their arses and protest. The middle classes whilst unhappy with the situation will continue as they are, because to do anything else just seems like too much trouble.

One day they will wake up and say, is this all there is to life, strictly come dancing and X Factor, just about being able to put enough fuel in the tank to get me to work and back and buying Sainsbury's basics food.

The British public is the boiling frog and they deserve everything they are going to get, which is not very much.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:59 am 

DEFENDER wrote:
Ravenscar wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

I am coming to the conclusion that the "British" people now stand for nothing, are easily led and are incapable of defending themselves . There must be a word for it.

Apathy?
Our once proud and independent nation is now disinterested in anything that might inconveniently interfere with its comfortable existance. 'Bread & Circuses' is the phrase that comes to mind.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 am 
Site Admin

meltemian wrote:
DEFENDER wrote:
Ravenscar wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

Apathy?
Our once proud and independent nation is now disinterested in anything that might inconveniently interfere with its comfortable existance. 'Bread & Circuses' is the phrase that comes to mind.

I think you will find that it has always been possible to entertain and divert the crowds with such things. But this is not so much a reflection of the people as an indication of how crowd psychology works. Only by prising people away from the crowd will you be able to get them to think for themselves.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:21 am 

DEFENDER wrote:
Ravenscar wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

There is! sheeple!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am 
Site Admin

DaveEvans wrote:
DEFENDER wrote:
Ravenscar wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

There is! sheeple!

This is missing the point ... the "collective sense" is not the same as individual sense. There is no sense in the collective ... hence the only salvation is in getting people not to think as a collective.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 am 

Abulic, this is a new word for me, sounds about right . Can it be made into an ism or ist?
abulicism abulist
The spell checker has'nt got it either

1. (adj) abulic, aboulic
suffering from abulia; showing abnormal inability to act or make decisions
Synonyms: aboulic, abulic
Antonyms: unneurotic

http://www.synonyms.net/synonym/abulic

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:00 am 
Site Admin

RAENORTH wrote:
DaveEvans wrote:
DEFENDER wrote:
Ravenscar wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

There is! sheeple!

This is missing the point ... the "collective sense" is not the same as individual sense. There is no sense in the collective ... hence the only salvation is in getting people not to think as a collective.

Which is why, of course, our rulers prefer to have us funnelled into groups and labelled ... they want "organised civil society" in which "group think" can be spread, and individualism suppressed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 am 

RoadHog wrote:
... Minimum wage is the norm for many as there are no industries to work in anymore nor are there apprenticeships to be taken up.

My skills became obsolete twenty years ago and, with only a couple of exceptions, I've done minimum wage work, and less before the minimum wage was introduced, ever since. I've not just lost any desire to work, I've very nearly lost the will to live.

RoadHog wrote:
... The middle classes whilst unhappy with the situation will continue as they are ...

Now that they and they their children have to compete with foreigners from Europe (and elsewhere), in addition to immigrants and the children and grandchildren of immigrants, they are beginning to wake up. As I understand it, more than a quarter of the 'doctors' currently working in the 'U'K are foreign nationals, to which figure one must add the naturalised, non British born, Britons and those descended from the same. The indigenous middle class is being supplanted by incomers taking the well paid high status middle class jobs and is beginning to realise what the indigenous working class suffered fifty and sixty years ago.

RoadHog wrote:
... One day they will wake up and say, is this all there is to life, strictly come dancing and X Factor, just about being able to put enough fuel in the tank to get me to work and back and buying Sainsbury's basics food ...

When that day comes they will realise that there is even less to life than that, and remember when they had a tank to put fuel in, and they won't be shopping in Sainsbury's.

Not only are there fewer jobs now, with very few in manufacturing, but we must compete equally for every job available with hundreds of millions of others to whom we actually owe nothing. Further, I know from experience that some firms now routinely use agencies that only recruit staff in the poorer countries of the EU and I have lost a job because it was 'outsourced' to India. I also have experience of working with, and managing, groups of foreign workers. I understood long ago that nothing will change until the middle classes suffer as the working classes have, and for that reason I'm glad to see it happening. Change can only come when the middle classes start squealing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 pm 

The British Public do not get what they deserve, they get what they are given - for who can say their vote has changed anything; that their letter to their MP has had a satisfactory effect; that their call to the local Council has been received and had the necessary attention paid?

No-one wants what has been happening over the past forty years, let alone ten. Nobody wanted speed cameras, narrower roads, more traffic signals, longer red phases restricted turning, cul-de-sacs where through traffic could take short cuts. But that is what government who spawn the do-gooders and encourage 'neighbourhood snoops' wanted, and it's the do-gooders that get on Councils and quangos. Kept at a basic level such things are necessary, but it has gone far beyond the 'basic', it has entered the realm of insanity.

Industry and manufacturing in general have been Health & Safety'd out of existence, with few options than to fold against foreign competition which suffers none of the restrictions and hurdles placed within this country. Much of this has been aided and abetted by work forces weaned on regulations and working practices along with the necessary demands in rates of pay to keep up with inflation. Doesn't work. None of this need have happened, except that it was desirable to ensure economic collapse of a former power so as to more easily be able to crush the populace with more restrictions and controls forcing complete subservience to the 'State'. It's happening world wide. The exceptions are Japan, China, and maybe India and Brazil. For at least China, India and Brazil, their peoples are quite likely seeing better times - though far from perfect. Hong Kong is by far the most successful 'colony', and largely due to a minimum of interference from government.

Corruption is designed, just as are dictators and war itself. Any group is not representative of any individual. Like minds are seldom in complete concorde with one another, but as individuals we are capable of simply saying NO. More of that please.

Middle classes? What are they - teachers, solicitors, Doctors, so called 'professionals'? Class is what you make it - you the individual. The only thing that creates 'Class' is money - a surfeit, or as in most cases - a lack of. Minimum wage earner? Time to re-think your attitude to life and break away from the 'J.O.B.' syndrome. They are called such due to their ability to keep you Just Over Broke.

There are the creators, and there are the traders. If you cannot be one - then learn to be the other.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:04 pm 

By comparison at 10% growth over that period the Chinese and Indians have seen their GNPs grow by 33%.

We could do, at least, the same if the Luddite politicians weren't spending most of the money in the economy or using regulations to stop us producing cheap power, build good affordable houses, eating affordable food or, in the case of the elfin safety fascists, do anything much at all. Technolgy is improving ever faster and that is the ultimate driver of growth, when it is not deliberately smothered.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm 

Quote:
WilliamGruff

My skills became obsolete twenty years ago and, with only a couple of exceptions, I've done minimum wage work, and less before the minimum wage was introduced, ever since. I've not just lost any desire to work, I've very nearly lost the will to live.

I watched, on TV, a man being interviewed and what he said resembles what you did. He said that after paying out every month he was left with almost nothing, that all he was doing was working to survive, what is the point.

But they're not even satisfied wringing the lifes blood out of us while alive they carry on scraping the bones when we die.

It's not apathy, it's way past that, the people of this country have lost the will to stand up for themselves, they've become used to government interference, telling them what they can/can't do. For them to get out on streets they'd want government approval or all welfare benefits removed. It's like TPTB have been engaged in a mass brainwashing programme. The backbone of the majority of British has turned to jelly.

I'm watching PMQs and to listen to them booing & shouting you'd think that nothing is wrong, just another day at the zoo, they seem to think getting from Gloucester to London is more important. Cameron, has said people are having a few difficulties with the cost of living,

These parasites support the people of other countries while leaving us to rot.

I also think that no Labour politican should open their mouth for at least 20 years.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next