Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: This cannot continue
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:12 am 
Site Admin

The Daily Mail tells us a story about an Englishman's home being his castle, or so the saying goes. However, after squatters moved into John Hamilton-Brown's new £1million five bedroom home he has been forced to beg them to get out through his letterbox. Yet the group of foreigners who have taken possession, have been granted legal aid to fight an eviction order - while Hamilton-Brown has been forced to represent himself.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: This cannot continue
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 am 

This is a shining example of how the law serves those who break it. Those who follow the rules are put at an automatic disadvantage and have the odds stacked against them.

So given this state of affairs, the common sense advice for anyone in such a situation is to hire a group of men and kick the squatters out by force if necessary. Protect your property because the police won't - unless you are connected or very influential.

If the squatters report their ejection to the police simply deny it and keep your property secured. The squatters can't show title to the property and won't be getting back in. If they were to return having informed the police they can be arrested for burglary as the property would have already been witnessed as secure and occupied by its owner.

We really must start to look to ourselves because the State's interests are not our interests.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:35 am 

Autonomous Mind wrote:
... the common sense advice for anyone in such a situation is to hire a group of men and kick the squatters out by force if necessary ...

Cheaper in the long run, and much, much quicker.

There's an obvious business opportunity here for enterprising ex servicemen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 am 

I never understood the law of squatting. Criminals can just steal a home and make the owner (including elderly, disabled, sick, babies) homeless. They can part people from vital things like clothes, credit cards, etc I never understood the police not being mandated to arrest the house stealers.
But...this was English law before we joined The EU..
Can these people do this in other countries in the EU or do the police there take the action every normal community would demand ?
The issue has sharpened as squattors are now moving in while people are just out at the shops or walking the dog, let alone going on holidays. Expect a huge surge in July from professional organised squattors trading on people being on holiday. Any chance they will move into MPs and Councillors homes ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:45 am 

Quote:
I never understood the law of squatting.

During the Black Death in the mid 1300s it is estimated 1/3 of Europeans died.
This meant that there were whole villages empty and decaying and the Law of squatting was to recognize people 'recycling' homes but putting their own efforts into abandoned properties.
Like divorce, it is a pale travesty of its original intention.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:59 am 

Quote:
He did not turn a hair. A few years back, I would have politely been shown the door. They know ... we know. This cannot continue.
Quote:

Quite. In that same vein I cannot escape the conclusion that it's all engineered this way....Which, in the paranoid mind leads to the question of why?.

I think I have put in an earlier post a copy of a comment I submitted to Gordon Brown piece....'what is the real agenda here'?.

To be a little lateral in thought one has to ask about some extremely repressive legislation put on the statute books on recent years very little to none of which has been used....The enabl......sorry, meant 'Civil Contingencies Act' being just one of the (more egregious) examples..

There is undoubtedly something afoot and the 'plan' I think is beginning to simmer nicely....

The trigger is going to be very innocuous and may precede by some time the observable reaction.

Then again I might just be mad....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:24 am 

Winston Churchill's warning on the eve of World War II seems pertinent: "The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to its close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 am 

theJones said:
Quote:
Quite. In that same vein I cannot escape the conclusion that it's all engineered this way....Which, in the paranoid mind leads to the question of why?.

I've long thought along similar lines, to what purpose, I cannot fathom, unless it involves introducing laws, so draconian...........but then we do live in an evolving totalitarian police state, where eventual control over people's lives and very existence, will be absolute.
Automatons, that is what they desire [EU autocrats and their spawn], their status [rich, useless and indolent lives] maintained by us the obedient workers/ants.............err - the bloody money tree.

EU laws, bullshit, AGW all perfect 'transport' for the precipitate tyranny, it's coming, or has it already arrived?????

Aye! - and our politicians know it well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:44 am 

I've been considering what I would do under such circumstances and I've come up with these:

a) Break in (you didn't see any legal notice - and why would you be looking out for one when it's your property?) because you 'forgot to take your keys with you'. Confront the usurpers with a baseball bat and when the police arrive you calmly state that you were in the house when a window was smashed and someone entered your property while you were there. Under the law you can protect yourself.

b) Take the back door off - you are doing some work on YOUR house. Oops! Squaters? You had no idea!

Never EVER get the police involved - hey don't give a monkey's about the law abiding.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:52 am 

Just get a few mates together (preferably big blokes) and just 'pop' round and sort things out.
job done
and definitely don't get plod involved

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 am 

Some years ago I had dealings with an urban neighbourhood association which was quite good at getting the council to do things but could also do things unofficially very effectively for themselves. There was a leading personality whom people nicknamed "the sergeant" who got things done.

A number of gipsy caravans pulled onto a green which was common land. As usual for this sort of raid, it took place on a Friday evening when all the council officers had all gone home for the week end. A group of the more burly residents approached the caravans with cans of petrol and told the incomers that they hoped there would not be a fire. The gipsies left very quickly.

I know that the police now have a hot line number for what is called "hate crime" - but this was before this sort of thing and before the era of mobile phones.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 am 

thejones wrote:
Quote:
He did not turn a hair. A few years back, I would have politely been shown the door. They know ... we know. This cannot continue.
Quote:

I think I have put in an earlier post a copy of a comment I submitted to Gordon Brown piece....'what is the real agenda here'?.

To be a little lateral in thought one has to ask about some extremely repressive legislation put on the statute books on recent years very little to none of which has been used....The enabl......sorry, meant 'Civil Contingencies Act' being just one of the (more egregious) examples..

There is undoubtedly something afoot and the 'plan' I think is beginning to simmer nicely....

The trigger is going to be very innocuous and may precede by some time the observable reaction.

Then again I might just be mad....

No, you are not mad,I have the same thoughts,so perhaps we are both mad,but,there are quite a few people think along those lines,we can't all be mad. I don't know what the ulterior motive is,but these politicians,the Elite, do.They want us to revolt somewhere down the line,whether to use their enabling/civil contingencies act to bring in the Euro police,or some other reason.Unlike the Americans, we are unarmed,it would be easy going for them,or so they think.
In the meantime,I think that we ought to mark out the lampposts and store some piano wire,just in case. PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:46 am 

WilliamGruff wrote:
Autonomous Mind wrote:
... the common sense advice for anyone in such a situation is to hire a group of men and kick the squatters out by force if necessary ...

Cheaper in the long run, and much, much quicker.

There's an obvious business opportunity here for enterprising ex servicemen.

Back in the day, it used to be the case that the builders would arrange for this for you.

There was a rumour that they didn't fancy it if there were dogs inside.

Anyway, the owner in this case has made an elementary blunder. Had he said he intended to move in, he would be entitled to Protected Intended Occupier status, and could have the low-lifes out in 24 hours.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 pm 

Anyone care to speculate what would happen if this squatting trick was tried in Berlin or Warsaw?

Autonomous Mind wrote -

Quote:
Protect your property because the police won't - unless you are connected or very influential.

Oh dear! Not suggesting anything corrupt is going on are we?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:29 pm 

The problem can be solved if the Trespass (Scotland) Act 1865 is enacted in England to make subject to criminal law as well as civil law and Breach of the Peace is made a criminal arrestable offence as well. The Police will then have the legal powers to remove squatters. Whether the armed wing of Common Purpose will change sides in the class war is a decision of the politburo of ACPO.
I write as someone who endured the one-sided legal pantomime of evicting "travellers" from registered land. It ought to be simple, but medical and educational needs have to be assessed and the law only gets annoyed when a court order is ignored.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next