Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Follow the money
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:25 am 
Site Admin

Booker today focuses on one of those groups which have a huge interest in keeping the great global warming scare alive.

This is the re-insurance industry, which charges retail insurers for "catastrophe cover", paid for by all of us through our house insurance premiums, on the retail insurance market. And, as Booker says, no financial interest stands to make more from exaggerating the risks of climate change than this sector. In a process close to market rigging, if it can talk up the specific risks of weather events, then that justifies premium hikes which can be worth billions.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Follow the money
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:31 am 

This one hits close to home:

I have been hit in the last 12 months with an increase of $600 a month in increased home owner's insurance due to perceived increases in flooding risks on property that has not been flooded in 100 years (or ever in recorded history).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:35 am 

In 1992, South Florida was struck by Hurricane Andrew, a dangerous and destructive storm. That was the one that hit the Miami area and caused so much damage in the bedroom city of Homestead. We had a few after Andrew, but nothing to write home about. Then in 2005, the year of Katrina, five hurricanes struck Florida, one after the other.

With global warming alarmists predicting that hurricane seasons were going to get worse and worse, my homeowner's insurance company first started raising rates through the roof, and then decided to pull up stakes and stop doing business in Florida. They found an excuse to drop their clients... in my case, they sent an inspector around in the spring, noted some dead leaves on my roof (here, trees drop dead leaves in the spring when the new buds come out on the trees instead of in the fall), and terminated my insurance due to "debris on roof", and pulled out, leaving me to scramble for a new insurance carrier while thousands of other people were also scrambling. We really got burned on rates since there were so many of us, and Florida law requires us to carry homeowner's insurance if we have a mortgage.

We haven't had a hurricane hit us since.

A couple of months ago, my ex-insurance company gave me a call, cheerfully announcing that they were returning to Florida, and, if I'm really really lucky, I can sign up with them again.

I pretty much told them where to stick it. PDT_Armataz_01_28

Booker is right. The insurance companies have been sticking it to us here since 2005, even though the dire warnings from the global warming alarmists haven't panned out at all. In fact, it's been the diametric opposite of the predictions. The weather here in Florida has been Florida-beautiful.

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 am 

mamapajamas wrote:
...law requires us to carry homeowner's insurance if we have a mortgage.

We haven't had a hurricane hit us since.

All too right.

We "survived" the worst hurricane in more than 100 years with no flooding, and yet it was decided that flooding insurance for us was a matter of law. No choice, and no recourse.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:26 am 
It would be nice to have an opinion from a few Associates or Fellows of the Casualty Actuarial Society. I wonder what their take on this all is. I'm sure Munich Re, for example, must employ their services. Risk assessment and hedging/spreading, premium setting, reserving bases and all that.... it's important to get these things right.

Oh yes, I'd love to know their thoughts. And the statutory regulators'.

Probity in all matters is important to a professional. Not least because his reputation and honour depend on it. Or should do.

Still, perhaps the set-up is such that no one need feel 'conflicted'. I'm not familiar with the business so I wouldn't know.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:08 am 

I had this back-and-forth with a quite well-known ecologist/ species expert.

He cited this paper Le Page et al 2010 as a study showing potential damage to the Amazon.

The paper (Le Page et al 2010) showed by computer modelling that upto 76% of the Amazon was at risk of burning due to climate change and reduced rainfall.

Now, where have we heard something like this before?

PDT_Armataz_01_05

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:47 am 

The re-insurance companies will get absolutely hammered by the earthquake in my home town of Christchurch.

$30billion is a figure I heard

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 am 

As in all things dominated by globalisation, "follow the money" that hides the real truth behind much human misery. As Cameron toured the Middle East, arms dealers hanging on to his coat tails, people were protesting against the very ethos of "following the money". Right this minute, throughout the world and in Libya in particular, people are dying to prop the vision of a NWO so beloved of those whose lives of luxury depend on "the money".
My heart sank when British Gas told me a good reason to continue being ripped of by them was their creation of the largest ever wind farm off the UK. A good reason to leave them for charging me to build these stupid white elephants. PDT_Armataz_01_42 PDT_Armataz_01_41

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:47 am 
This gentleman seems to be torn between truth and profit but is trying not to let the side down:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard- ... -trends.do

Plug/spam:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1008940

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 am 

A gully machine and drain cleaning would help? I recently checked the drains along a stretch of road near my home and around three quarters of them were filled to the top with soil and rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 am 
Site Admin

pipesmoker wrote:
A gully machine and drain cleaning would help? I recently checked the drains along a stretch of road near my home and around three quarters of them were filled to the top with soil and rubbish.

Absolutely ... surface water drainage systems are simply not being maintained ... nor the canals and rivers. The waer cannot get away.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]