Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Terminal decline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:17 am 
Site Admin

Almost two years ago, we were bitching about The Daily Mail which, in turn was bitching about the power giants' "energy saving lightbulb scam".

The reason, at the time, why we were bitching about the bitching was that the newspaper had not pinned down the reason for the scam and was only telling half the story. But all good thing come to those who wait. The paper is not running the full story about the Carbon Emission Reduction Target (CERT) scheme, and the headline parades: "The great green con that'll cost you £300 a year".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Terminal decline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:50 am 

I would think that 300 punds is a low-balled number. Effectively, the sky's the limit, if you allow government funding for leprechauns - hey, they haven't yet found them but with a bit more cash, they will.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:01 am 

Don't pay.
Even if you have to generate your own electricity with a generator for a year, don't pay.
It's the only way to oppose a scam.

You can run a gasoline generator on propane.
Foxtrot Oscar to them all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 am 

Quote:
But all good thing come to those who wait. The paper is not running the full story about the Carbon Emission Reduction Target (CERT) scheme, and the headline parades: "The great green con that'll cost you £300 a year".

I presume that 'not' equals 'now'?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:20 am 

I used my 'free' low-energy light bulbs supplied by the energy company. They are quite the worst examples I have ever come across, and take about 2 minutes to warm up enough to provide any light at all. So in effect they either have to be used in conjunction with others, or left on all the time. Result - no energy saving, so good news for the energy companies. I wonder if they purchased these useless bulbs deliberately, or were just incompetent?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 am 

The EU model is regulation enforced tat. It's their form of managed economy. Someone comes up with useless crap like CFL bulbs and wind turbines that are off the bell curve for economic lunacy and they regulate to enforce usage and line pockets.
In olden days sailors, cash rich from many prize vessels taken, would fry gold watches on the quay to let the hookers know who could give them a good time.
These products display a similar arrogance on the part of the EU elite.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:12 pm 

Quote:
Don't pay.
Even if you have to generate your own electricity with a generator for a year, don't pay.
It's the only way to oppose a scam.

You can run a gasoline generator on propane.
Foxtrot Oscar to them all.

I'm with rhaan!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm 

Good news. About time the MSM woke up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:27 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Basically, this confirms that the global warming religion is in terminal decline. It might have a long, long way to go before it finally slides into the obscurity it so richly deserves, but no faith-based movement can be labelled a "con" by one of the nation's best-selling newspapers and survive. Even if the politicians don't realise it yet, it's over.

View full article here

I hope this isn't only wishful thinking. We have been told many times in recent months (by your good self, Booker and Dellers) that it's all up for the warmists: they have been exposed and discredited; their days are numbered; they have been weighed in the balance and found wanting, Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin! But they're still here with their powers apparently undimmed. Yes, I know you offer the reservation: It might have a long, long way to go before it finally slides into the obscurity it so richly deserves.... We must hope the Mail's position is a cloud no bigger than a man's hand.
And if we are to follow the money, as we always should, we know where it is coming from (viz our pockets), but where is it going to? They're not going to let go of it without a struggle, and show no sign yet of doing so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:12 pm 

As long as They are telling You what to do, They are happy, especially if they can claim that it is in pursuit of "saving the planet" or saving the whales, polar bears, gorillas or any non-human species.

The Left/Green mentality is emotional, not rational (and consists of negative emotions such as rage, envy and hate), and once you understand that it is emotional, the rest is detail.

Everything they do is aimed at destroying everything they hate, such as freedom, exceptionalism, opportunity, and independence.

To that end, they will employ whatever tricks they can, without regard to any kind of morals or ethics (which are products of rational thought, not emotion).

Evidence? See what They have done to education in the UK and US over the last 40 years. "No child left behind" = no child gets ahead. It's not equal opportunity going in, but equal result coming out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:01 pm 

Via three electricity accounts, I have received no fewer than seventeen of these comedy lightbulbs from electricity suppliers over the years. Their pretzel forms mirror the twisted bureaucratic minds that imposed them upon us.

Sadly, the reduction from the vastness of the earlier models has not been attended by an increase in brightness on the part of the later ones.

I use two in uplighters to create a pattern of interference that will defeat the telly's remote control, just in case I am ever tempted to switch the set on. I'd have to watch it in the dark -- which, come to think of it, is precisely where they want us.

I use another on the stair to the spare bedroom, knowing that in the crepuscular twilight it eventually affords, unwanted guests will fall and hurt themselves, thereby sacrificing themselves for the good of the planet.

The remainder are stacked in a kitchen cupboard where, by reducing the volume of air to be heated, they afford some slight reduction in energy costs.

Energy. Don't you just love that word? And sustainable -- there's another. Anyone'd think we lived in a finite universe. That's the Greens for you -- getting high on other peoples' endorphins.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm 

I echo shakassoc here.....there may well be a mene mene tekel but the wait will be a long one.
Too many powerful lizards with far too much to lose if 'greenery' is discredited & abandoned. These are the mesmerists who can convince 'intelligent' thinking folk that life-giving CO2 is a poisonous gas.....don't underestimate their mendacious endurance; they have far too much to lose.
Our pressure in exposing their scams should be continuous & unrelenting....and ridicule, backed by unassailable fact is our most powerful weapon. Not a single opportunity should be lost in exposing these rapacious scum for what they are....& there should be retribution & disgrace meted on them for the appalling damage they have done.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:13 pm 

Wasting your Tax Money
Burning engineering question: Can Building survive temperatures 0.5 degree Celsius higher than the present UK temps?

The Cambridge University is going to do the investigation.

Don't send your kids to this university because they will graduate as morons.
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2011 ... /#comments

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm 

Like other correspondents, I fear the AGW scam will be a long time a-dying. So much money is riding on it and there is now a considerable corps of officials whose pensions our children will pay. Derby City Council was paying 13 members of staff to "combat climate change". That is reducing to 9 because of "the cuts". The County Council is advertising courses for "eco warriors" to "help" people reduce energy consumption, increase recycling etc. This is a sort of pyramid selling scheme as each "eco warrior" is expected to recruit 7 or 8 friends and neighbours. So the "Green Gestapo" is on its way to us - busybodies with the ultimate threat of legal sanction behind them. They will probably be a cross between WWII Air Raid Wardens ("Put that light out!") and the block leaders of the Nazi party who made sure that everybody joined in with the "Volksgemeinschaft" aka "The Big Society". What could be a more noble cause than "saving the planet"? Cameron plans to recruit 5,000 paid government organisers to "empower" local communities and that seems to be all of a piece.
A MODEST SUGGESTION. "Transparency" is agreed by all to be a Good Thing. Why not write to your MP suggesting that the cost of using "renewable" energy should be itemised on power bills. It is a tax, just as much as VAT. Greenies could feel proud of what they pay and others could draw their own conclusions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 pm 

I agree with permanent expat, the political class have invested so much in the greenshite scam that it will take an awful lot of pain on the much vaunted and crocodile tears cried over "hard working famalies" before the stake is put through its heart.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next