Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: That's shocking
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

A three-year investigation has revealed that criminal gangs are shipping recycling out of the UK and sending it to rubbish dumps in the Third World. This is the result of a "probe" by the Environment Agency, which has discovered that at least thirty groups are sending material earmarked for recycling in Britain to Africa, Asia and the Far East.

We are told that this "shocking news" is set to increase cynicism about the value of strict EU directives and household recycling rules. It comes just a week after a Defra study found some UK councils are asking residents to sort their trash into as many as nine bins and are slapping them with heavy fines if they fail to comply.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: That's shocking
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:04 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
A three-year investigation has revealed that criminal gangs are shipping recycling out of the UK and sending it to rubbish dumps in the Third World. This is the result of a "probe" by the Environment Agency, which has discovered that at least thirty groups are sending material earmarked for recycling in Britain to Africa, Asia and the Far East.

We are told that this "shocking news" is set to increase cynicism about the value of strict EU directives and household recycling rules. It comes just a week after a Defra study found some UK councils are asking residents to sort their trash into as many as nine bins and are slapping them with heavy fines if they fail to comply.

View full article here

I am shocked. SHOCKED! Lessons must be learned.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:26 pm 

"I am shocked. SHOCKED! " Howzatt, now, Shakashoc? PDT_Armataz_01_22 [Sorry, can't check spelling on this present set-up...]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:45 pm 

Prime Minister: I will focus on this after I have dealt with the vital AV issue.
Deputy Prime Minister: I will focus on this after I have dealt with the crucial AV issue.
Chancellor: I will call for an Inquiry on this after I have dealt with interest rates, inflation, public spending, and cutting Whitehall waste.
Foreign Secretary: I call for a free and fair Inquiry provided they will promise to blame Israel. I will focus on this after solving the regime change problems in The Middle East and Zimbabwe, and Somali piracy. I will still blame Israel.
Environment Minister: We got this one wrong !........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:48 pm 

Welcome to the World....one man's rubbish is another man's treasure; or at least provides him with a livelihood....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:52 pm 

This is going on for a long time and the exports are not only limited to the UK.
The entire EU is a big exporter and the US nowadays exports more containers with garbage than goods.
The rip off is in the costs we pay for recycling projects and the risks people in the third world run during the recycling process of our waste. They cook and burn print plates from computer parts to get out the valuable materials without proper protective gear
like safety glasses and masks and work under horrible conditions. What's worse, most of them are children who should be in school.

In the Netherlands we pay an additional recycling fee for all electronics, computers and household appliances, introduced in 1994.
Meanwhile the fund has a reserve of over 300 million Euro. People have filed protests against the rip off but the overpaid fat cats
have have created a wall of legal procedures to protect their free money source.
Yes, we have some recycling facilities but a huge part of the collected junk is simply exported to the countries mentioned in your article.

The EU in close cooperation with our political and administrative management is completely screwing up our societies and nations.

They screw up our defense, our financial position, our pensions, healthcare, car manufacturing, our food chain, our energy chain, all with one single goal, accelerate the use of resources, raising costs for citizens and companies, reducing our ability to earn money and accumulate wealth, in short they screw up our lives and they rob us blind.

The bio fuel scam, the cap & trade, CO2 sequestration, windmills, solar panels and electric cars are plain SABOTAGE MASQUERADING A SOLUTION FOR A NON EXISTING PROBLEM. Yes, the EU is sabotaging our Industrial Society and they hit us where they can.

Please read this article and you know how devastating the introduction of electric vehicles is and why it will accelerate our use of oil and disturb our markets:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/251134- ... urce-cliff.

The current riots in NA and the Middle East are also caused by EU, US and UN policies.
http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/201 ... tions.html

Now we know the EU together with our politicians is deliberately sabotaging our society.
The green solutions are only accelerating our use of resources run our economies into the ground.
What are we going to do about it?

DECLARATION OF WAR ANYONE?.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:01 pm 

rhaan wrote:
This is going on for a long time and the exports are not only limited to the UK.
The entire EU is a big exporter and the US nowadays exports more containers with garbage than goods.
The rip off is in the costs we pay for recycling projects and the risks people in the third world run during the recycling process of our waste. They cook and burn print plates from computer parts to get out the valuable materials without proper protective gear
like safety glasses and masks and work under horrible conditions. What's worse, most of them are children who should be in school.

It is the same sort of odious hypocrisy that insists that we have bird-mincing windmills every three square yards, whilst the power-generating parts rely on the use of rare earth metals which are mined at terrible environmental and human cost in China.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 pm 

Of course so much of any story is how the journalist/editor slants it.
So...BBC 24:

'We are getting reports that Libyan dictator Colonel Gadaffi has fled the country'
compared to
'British Prime Minister David Cameron is visiting Egypt'
Why not instead...?
'Colonel Gaddafi is visiting another country'.
and 'Prime Minister David Cameron has fled the county' after anger over green maniac EU landfill scams are exposed and public anger mounts. PDT_Armataz_02_28

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:13 pm 

Shakassoc wrote:
rhaan wrote:

It is the same sort of odious hypocrisy that insists that we have bird-mincing windmills every three square yards, whilst the power-generating parts rely on the use of rare earth metals which are mined at terrible environmental and human cost in China.

You're right of course but the subject is not hypocrisy but how the Green Transformation of our Society in reality is destroying it and how people who pay for services are screwed.

As for the rare earth production in China I can only say that the US has closed it's rare earth mines because the Chinese were cheaper. The Chinese are always cheaper and Europe and the US are their biggest markets.
We know they exploit their population, we know they are paid low wages and work hard hours.
We know the bulk of the rare materials used in our cell phones and computers come from Africa where people work under very bad conditions.
But we all have a cell phone and we continue to buy the crap from China. That's an odious form of hypocrisy as well.

The EU and the US have introduced the bio fuel scam that puts our food in competition with our energy chain resulting in an explosion of food prices. The poor in the third world are the hardest hit.
This is not hypocritical but criminal but we are responsible for letting this happen.
It is us who fuel up our car with E10. It is us who have elected the politician that created this mess.

We the people, we pay taxes, we pay fees from here to Tokyo because we have relied on our Governments and institutions to do a good job with the money. Now we find out we are conned. The money is wasted and the paper mills are running against us.

Knowing what's wrong and not doing something about it is a sort of 'odious hypocrisy' as well and if we let this continue to go on
it will become an odious form of suicide.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:16 pm 

If Gaddafi has fled the country, surely his good friend Tony will be able to lend him one of his many residences?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:34 pm 

Shakassoc wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:

View full article here

I am shocked. SHOCKED! Lessons must be learned.

Of course lessons must be learned as we are all in it together,all singing from the same hymn sheet,in a broad Church,in the same tent,etc.etc. But,the real lesson learnt is that this is old news,this is at least 4 or 5 years old.Nothing will be done except to carry on extracting money from us,nothing will happen until we leave the EVIL EU.Lets shoot 'em now! PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm 

"The more laws and edicts, the more thieves and rogues multiply".

Lao Tzu.

6th century BC? While there are always new aspects to the human condition, there's a constant feeling of deja vu.

My idea of where this is all going is to a naive attempt to construct a perfectly regulated society which can't work and breaks down into every man for himself; achieving the exact opposite of the utopian dreaming at the heart of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 pm 

Hi Jonathon - can I quote that great report?! ... 'Prime Minister David Cameron has fled the count[r]y after anger over green maniac EU landfill scams are exposed and public anger mounts.'

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm 

Feel free to quote it...just a shame The BBC and Sky have not run it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:06 pm 

rhaan wrote:
The EU and the US have introduced the bio fuel scam that puts our food in competition with our energy chain resulting in an explosion of food prices. The poor in the third world are the hardest hit.
This is not hypocritical but criminal but we are responsible for letting this happen.

We're getting a bit too obsessive about putting an AGW-skeptic slant on world events... the recent "explosion of food prices" is not down to biofuel production. Biofuel production does raise the cost of food in poor countries ... but so does producing cash crops for the Western market. But I think the recent spike has a lot to do with the state of the global economy, governments printing money to devalue the Dollar and Euro which drives investors into commodities which inflates the cost of producing food.

Looking at the above link, the spike in wheat prices pre-dated the 2007 credit crunch by a few months. We are now a few months into a second spike in 2011... another crash coming?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next