Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Inevitable
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:37 am 
Site Admin

To make cuts effectively, it is best to look at individual department, decide whether they are necessary, how they are performing and whether they could do their work cheaper – if indeed the function is necessary. What you don't do ... or shouldn’t do, is impose across-the-board cuts.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Inevitable
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 am 

Americans finally reacting to economic rape?
"As the Economic Edge blog points out, “The global size of the derivatives bubble which was calculated last year at USD 190k per person-on-planet, has risen to USD 206k per person-on-planet. The ever rising commitment of governments for the repeated bailouts of financial institutions is partially linked to various flavours of derivatives exposure settlements and “black hole” losses emanating from off-balance-sheet vehicles.”
Indeed, the entire GDP of every single country in the world only amounts to around $60 trillion. How can we ever hope to pay off $1,400 trillion dollars?
We can’t and we won’t. The only way that this $1.4 Quadrillion mountain of debt will disappear is a total and complete collapse of the global economy and its replacement with a new financial system.
Whether that also simultaneously brings down the US dollar and the United States itself as a first world country remains to be seen, but anyone who believes that a few years of austerity can redress the balance is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Once the whole charade starts to unravel, the scenes we saw in Cairo over the last few weeks will look like a walk in the park in comparison to the turmoil that awaits as a result of the derivatives bubble.
RELATED: IT’S THE DERIVATIVES, STUPID! WHY FANNIE, FREDDIE AND AIG ALL HAD TO BE BAILED OUT
And that's why they bailed out our banks as well. But the "problem" remains.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/day-of-rage ... -rape.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:56 am 

Whenever politicians are forced into cutting budgets, they announce cuts to police, fire, medical and educational services. That causes an outrage among the public and well-placed interest groups that will almost insure that no cuts take place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:10 am 

I keep wondering how many of these non-jobs (both private and public sector) are effectively required due to the floods of idiot regulation of the NewLabour years - Health&Safety, Climate Change, all that nonsense.

If it is a large number, then the current government would need to repeal those regulations before the relevant employers can get rid of the non-jobs. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of repealing going on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 am 
Diplomad wrote:
Whenever politicians are forced into cutting budgets, they announce cuts to police, fire, medical and educational services. That causes an outrage among the public and well-placed interest groups that will almost insure that no cuts take place.

Wow! Is that really you, Diplomad?

When are you going to come back out of retirement? Pretty please. Why is your blog defunct?

Questions, questions.... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 am 
OT: Colourful request

Richard, is there any chance you might change the colour of the font for displayed links? I can't make the new version out and have to use logic to gather their existence.

In this irrational world I'm keeping a tight grip on my logic bag and don't want to use its precious resources needlessly. I might need them for something serious.
( PDT_Armataz_01_18 )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 am 

OT, F-35's we need for our "carriers" may be a problem

House Votes to End Alternate Jet Engine Program
By CHRISTOPHER DREW
Published: February 16, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/us/po ... ss&emc=rss

In a sign that more than half the Republican freshmen are willing to cut military spending, the House voted 233 to 198 on Wednesday to cancel an alternate fighter jet engine that the Bush and Obama administrations had tried to kill for the last five years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 am 
RAENORTH wrote:
( PDT_Armataz_01_18 )

:) Thank you. Blue is good for me. (Definitely no yellow though.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 am 

All jobs with the word 'social' in the title or description should be axed. And, I agree with the proposal to repeal 13 years of labour party legislation; something I have put to my MP, George Osborne, on several occasions. But it won't happen, of course.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:15 pm 

Minimum input + Maximum output = Efficiency.

This is an equation that politicians, and most of the public are incapable of understanding. Thus the preferred equation is: More in = More out and the corollary to be avoided at all and everybody's cost is, Less in = Less out. Thus Cuts are bad, Spending is good and efficiency is an abused orphan.

The correct approach to efficiency is Zero Budgeting. That is a department has no budget. First it must explain why it needs to exist and thus needs a budget. Then it must provide tangible, measurable aims and the minimum of resources and expenditure required to meet the aims and a time-scale with way points.

Then it can be properly decided whether that department has too many/too few personnel and resources, whether it is worthwhile expenditure and/or affordable.

If targets are not met, or there is over or under-spending, this must have an effect on remuneration and trigger re-budgeting.

Anyone can cut a budget by 10% - most budgets are fluffed up anyway by at least 10% for just such occasions - until the hue and cry dies down then it is back to business as usual.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 pm 

Wait for it everyone, John Archer has nearly got to 4,000 post, congratulations John, keep them coming.

Anybody know were Albion is ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:58 pm 

We need someone like this :-

http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/ ... 4&month=04

read the paragraph on job cutting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm 

It's always been the same. When there are cuts they are made where the public can see and feel them, so that's school dinner ladies and that sort of thing, not jollies for officials. That way they ensure the maximum uproar about the cuts and the least pain to themselves.

I don't see any way to reduce the public sector apart from fundamental reform of bodies like the NHS and getting rid of entire functions from the government's remit, which are the excuse for diversity officers, five a day awareness officers and all the rest of the hangers on. On present showing the coalition has no appetite to shed responsibilities from the state and look pretty much like the last lot; well they feel obliged to talk about reducing the size of the public sector.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:16 pm 

As a fish rots from the head, so does the country.
Cuts should start (& continue) with decapitations.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:32 pm 

Sorry OT but I have just had a response form the BBC regarding my objection to 'Meet the Climate Skeptics' AKA The Lord Monckton stitch up!

It reads:

Dear Mr Lawson

Thank you for your feedback about Storyville: Meet the Climate Sceptics broadcast on 31 January 2011.

Meet the Climate Sceptics was an authored film, clearly presented from the personal perspective of the film maker, Rupert Murray. He focussed on Lord Monckton because he is a high profile and key figure in the debate - as indicated when the Republicans put him forward as the sole witness in a hearing about climate change.

During the film, the film maker gave Lord Monckton the opportunity of presenting his case, also including a right to reply. The film maker was rigorous in his journalism and having trawled the peer reviewed papers on both sides, he discovered that substantially more papers gave evidence of man made global warming. He therefore drew his own conclusions about the issue.

We hope this explains our position on the matter and thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely

The Storyville: Meet the Climate Sceptics production team

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

These people do not have to justify their existence in the BBC at all. Truly truly appalling. It won't end here!

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next