Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The wages of instability
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:19 am 
Site Admin

Reinforcing the well-worn saw that "no man is an island", we note with concern the wave of Tunisians who have landed on the Italian island of Lampedusa, there demanding asylum. Some 2,000 of the 5,337 who arrived in recent days have remained on Lampedusa, awaiting transfer to immigrant holding centres elsewhere in Italy.

But where it gets distinctly worrying is that interior minister Roberto Maroni is raising concerns of 80,000 North Africans heading to Europe – i.e., the territories of European Union member states. In the short term, Italy has asked the EU for about €100million following this "biblical exodus" and is asking the European border agency Frontex to launch a mission to beef up border control.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The wages of instability
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:16 am 

I am beginning to believe that we are simply the victims of continuing History which chronicles the so-called 'Great Migrations'.
I am also starting to think that although some of these migrations contain the Islamic cancer, most of them are desperate folk seeking a better life, just as millions have done in the past.
I do not like it, as it means the end of my imperfect but acceptable world in which, in any case, I have little time left, thank goodness.
Perhaps we can now understand the feelings of native Americans, overwhelmed by waves of aliens of an entirely different & largely hostile culture.
We can & should resist what is now happening...we do have a culture to preserve....but the sheer numbers & their determination against dreadful & sometimes mortal odds will, I fear, in the end be overwhelming.
Eat, drink & be merry..........

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:39 am 

Sorry but we already have the theft, and not only financially. The government and its controllers in the EU Commission have also stolen our culture and heritage.
Yesterday, like many working days, I travelled round central London on the trains and tubes, and the majority of people I spoke to didn't have English as a first language. These people are not tourist, they are living and working in London at the lower end of the wage and house rental market.
What is forgotten is that the NHS, and other large similar organisations, rely on a pool of cheap labour for cleaners, security guards, receptionists, carers, etc. In reality much of this labour is subsidies in some way by the tax payer, whether by housing benefits, child tax allowances, free education, free health care etc.
The people who dole out this money also have an interest in making sure it is doled out, it keeps them in a job - more than likely unionised.
We end up with a whole raft of bureaucrats administrating the pay outs for people employed by the state monopolies. Remember it is the NHS who depress the wages of the majority of its staff, its in the NHS best interest to do so. It can only do this because the tay payer subsidies their employees.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 am 

As long as there are conservatives who believe Cameron is being tough on immigration because they can't hire enough foreign hedge fund analysts or bring in enough lucrative foreign graduate students nothing will change.

Our leaders count on the majority of ignorant voters to drown out the influence of those who know the facts and the consequences.

Of course, hedge fund managers and other investment bankers are often well aware of the consequences of their actions but don't care because they have swagged so much money they can relocate themselves and their family abroad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:58 am 

The whole of Europe has problems with the massive influx of illegal immigrants. We have our own problems here in Greece, made worse by the economic situation.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... ?chn=world

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 pm 

The "waves of immigration" we are witnessing have remarkable similarity to the flows of folk during the demise of the Roman Empire.... discuss :-)

I should add that I recently heard a tale about French coastguards from Marseilles - when asked what they do with illegal immigrants cheerily volunteer " We give them 100 Euros and a TGV ticket to Calais" - ah.. a problem shared is a problem halved surely? EU wunnerful eh?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39 pm 

Tunisia has undergone a 'revolution' in the direction of democracy. Why should anyone need to seek asylum now? In fact we can now start deporting previous Tunisian asylum seekers because the regime they sought asylum from no longer operates. Otherwise we will have the earlier asylum seekers and new asylum seekers who are polar opposites over here and in conflict.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 pm 

YOu have to love the logic of the last post. We are just importing and placing in close proximity several sets of mortal enemies with scores to settle and deaths to avenge. Surely we should decline to do so as such irresponsibility would damage the importees human rights by placing them in real danger by being here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:39 pm 

We don't live in a logical world, guys.
The political winds of change in Tunisia & elsewhere mean nothing to those living in abject poverty & multiplying like rabbits...(it's the economy, stupid)...and they will risk their lives, often repeatedly, to reach the lands of welfare milk & honey.
Their bases in Europe are now established & political correctness, EU diktat & sheer apathetic weakness on our part will do for us.
Sorry to be such a Jeremiah, but events since WW2 have proved me more right than wrong.
We are the architects of our own destruction PDT_Armataz_01_35

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:27 pm 

We need an Egyptian Revolution and kick them all out.

As for the Tunisian's I watched quite some interviews with the people from Lampadusa.
Lot's of people with good educations! Not the illiterate peasants we import from Anatolia.
Not the standard profile of Islamic fundamentalists.

And their arguments why they make their trip:
The entire Tunisian economy is down, no jobs, no money to be earned, no tourists, only sunny weather and beautiful beaches.

I propose we swap countries, deficits included. A kind of reverse proposition of 'spreading the wealth'.
We take our personal assets with us of course.
Real estate is cheap and life is beautiful, no bird shredders, no EU directives no loons in Government,

A fresh start under the sun, isn't that a fine proposal?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:36 pm 

I am sure lot's of Brits in a situation describes in this article would love to live in a country with a warm climate.
http://thegwpf.org/uk-news/2454-the-sha ... bills.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:45 pm 

Of course what should happen is that the Italians should have sent the first 5,000 back from where they came. By not doing that they are sending out the message that they will accept as many as are prepared to make the trip. We will not get tough until it is far too late and the riots begin. That is the only thing governments understand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:14 pm 

Is anyone surprised, I'm not I expected it, quicker than I thought, but not at all unexpected.

We should also expect hordes from Egypt, Algeria and any other country that protests for democracy.

An Italian politican stated on TV the other day they were migrants, not asylum seekers, so as Tunisia is not a member of the EU they should be refused entry.

I can see there being big trouble in Italy & other continental countries where the migrants are being shared out.

They wanted democracy, they got it therefore they should NOT be allowed here, which is where most will make their way to.

I can see the far right making great gains on the continent, something has to give, it's gone too far now. The EU has deliberately encouraged all this and they're going to have blood on their hands before too long.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 pm 

moonrakin wrote:
The "waves of immigration" we are witnessing have remarkable similarity to the flows of folk during the demise of the Roman Empire.... discuss :-)

I should add that I recently heard a tale about French coastguards from Marseilles - when asked what they do with illegal immigrants cheerily volunteer " We give them 100 Euros and a TGV ticket to Calais" - ah.. a problem shared is a problem halved surely? EU wunnerful eh?

Influx of migrants is of all times.
That's how we have populated the world.

All we need to do is inform the migrant about the gliding path we're on and they will stay away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 am 

permanentexpat wrote:
We don't live in a logical world, guys.
The political winds of change in Tunisia & elsewhere mean nothing to those living in abject poverty & multiplying like rabbits...(it's the economy, stupid)...and they will risk their lives, often repeatedly, to reach the lands of welfare milk & honey.
Their bases in Europe are now established & political correctness, EU diktat & sheer apathetic weakness on our part will do for us.
Sorry to be such a Jeremiah, but events since WW2 have proved me more right than wrong.
We are the architects of our own destruction PDT_Armataz_01_35

We are the architects of our own destruction?

I don't agree with that statement.
If our politicans would have executed the wishes of the people of most European countries we would not have been in the current position.
In the eighties for example the majority of the Dutch were against mass immigration and the construction of mosques.
Now we have a majority voting for a party that is anti muslim but is not aloud to take part of the Government.
They only support the current minority Government.

If this continues our political establishment will be in trouble because our populations are fed up with the entire subject.

Recently Angela Merkel was forced to make a 180 on a dime when she told the German electorate that they better had to get used to the mosques because they were planning for much more.

When she checked the polls one week later she suddenly declared that the Multi Cultural Society as an experiment had failed.

Similar changes in position have been heard from the Dutch, the French and lately from David Cameron.

The thing is that they don't change their policies.
And why is that?

It's because the EU is now in charge and our political establishment has no longer any substantial influence on the subject.

Europe continues it's expansion policies despite loud objections from their own member states.
We (the Dutch) sain no against the Lisbon Treaty.
We have objected against the bail out of Greece and Ireland.
Europe continues on the path of bio fuels despite objections from a number of member states, in short, the distance between the individual members, their political establishment and the EU is growing wider and wider.

And we? We are so completely fed up with the entire circus that some of us are turning red from anger when we see the EU logo.

The EU has brought us in a position where our leader can only lie to us and we no longer control our won budgets let alone our destiny.

That's why I don't agree with your claim that we are the architects of our own destruction.
We are not, they are and we should kick them out of office today.

We had the Egyption Revolution but we really need one here.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next