Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:38 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 61 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:11 am
Posts: 24869
Location: Bradford
In a decision which would struggle to climb out of a primeval swamp with sufficient vigour to qualify as moronic, the formless creatures that pass for our leaders have decided to continue the £1bn aid programme to India, paying it £280m a year until 2015.

This is the country which has, as the Daily Mail observes, three times more billionaires than the UK. It has its nuclear power, its own £1.2 billion space programme and spends £20 billion in defence each year, maintaining a standing army of over a million. It is rich enough to donate money to African nations each year – to say nothing being a major donor to Afghanistan.

View full article here

_________________
We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm 

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:49 pm
Posts: 10
If only we could bring on the tumbrels.

All being reported at the same time as we learn that soldiers are being sacked by email. Disgraceful.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:31 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:11 am
Posts: 24869
Location: Bradford
dallkins wrote:
If only we could bring on the tumbrels.

All being reported at the same time as we learn that soldiers are being sacked by email. Disgraceful.


And if I said "kill them!", I would be the one written off as the loony!

_________________
We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:14 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:09 pm
Posts: 331
But I think you are correct, Richard. I don't think there is a remote possibility of using argument to change the plans of the dictatorship that rules over us (which is every bit as bad as the evil empire that Ronald Reagan declaimed against). I can only see one solution and that will involve bloodshed. Lots of it. I just hope that the majority of the excrement is well and truly flushed down the sewer of history, when the onslaught begins.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:32 pm 

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 61
You're right John in C but how will it start? The trigger will be when the non-social security classes are suffering real financial hardship. I think that's a year or two off yet.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:38 pm 

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:34 pm
Posts: 123
Location: Hampshire
The trouble is that this is just one of dozens of equally disgraceful decisions made by our leaders - be they human rights lawyers, our EU rulers, the government or assorted quangos. Revolutions require the populace to suffer direct hardship, such as in north Africa. When billions are wasted, we may choke on the cornflakes, but rioting is a different order of magnitude.

_________________
The truth is out there


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:45 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:34 pm
Posts: 165
On the other hand if we are going to give money for foreign aid & the purpose is actually to do good rather than to fund dictators &/or feel good about ourselves, we should be giving it where it will do most good. Since India is successfully pulling itself out of impoverishment with a 10% growth rate it is likely that money given to them will do more to enrich the world than that given to, say, Haiti.

OK overall we would be doing even more good for humanity if, like India, we were putting money into space development but nobody thinks our government isn't too Luddite for that to be an option.

And the remark about Patchy is unfair since his own government has been much more sceptical about that liar than ours.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:50 pm
Posts: 906
February 15, 2011
The Nazi Origins of Apocalyptic Global Warming Theory
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/ ... lypti.html

Just another NAZI scheme?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:56 pm
Posts: 414
Location: EU Region of West Midlands in the former UK
john in cheshire wrote:
...the dictatorship that rules over us [...] is every bit as bad as the evil empire that Ronald Reagan declaimed against.

It isn't as bad, John. It isn't anything like as bad. We are relatively free. We operate under the rule of law. We can associate with whomever we wish, go where we like and publish things like this. We should be glad and grateful for the liberty we enjoy, which is almost unparalleled in human history.

I grant that we have been effectively disenfranchised by the current party system and the way it is manipulated; by the fact that all major parties are in agreement on everything significant. But we are free to campaign against them. We are free to set up our own alternatives. The bitter fact is that the majority of people simply aren't interested. But no useful purpose is served by exaggerating the state we are in. That's what the warmists are doing.

_________________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:28 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:11 am
Posts: 24869
Location: Bradford
neilcraig wrote:
On the other hand if we are going to give money for foreign aid & the purpose is actually to do good rather than to fund dictators &/or feel good about ourselves, we should be giving it where it will do most good. Since India is successfully pulling itself out of impoverishment with a 10% growth rate it is likely that money given to them will do more to enrich the world than that given to, say, Haiti.

OK overall we would be doing even more good for humanity if, like India, we were putting money into space development but nobody thinks our government isn't too Luddite for that to be an option.

And the remark about Patchy is unfair since his own government has been much more sceptical about that liar than ours.


Why is the remark about Pachauri unfair? It is directed as the British government for paying his thieving institute £10 million.

_________________
We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:01 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:50 pm
Posts: 906
Shakassoc wrote:
john in cheshire wrote:
...the dictatorship that rules over us [...] is every bit as bad as the evil empire that Ronald Reagan declaimed against.

It isn't as bad, John. It isn't anything like as bad. We are relatively free. We operate under the rule of law. We can associate with whomever we wish, go where we like and publish things like this. We should be glad and grateful for the liberty we enjoy, which is almost unparalleled in human history.

I grant that we have been effectively disenfranchised by the current party system and the way it is manipulated; by the fact that all major parties are in agreement on everything significant. But we are free to campaign against them. We are free to set up our own alternatives. The bitter fact is that the majority of people simply aren't interested. But no useful purpose is served by exaggerating the state we are in. That's what the warmists are doing.


I don't agree.
We have no longer control over our own country, our policies and soon our lives.
The UK and any other EU member state is now ruled by an unelected Commission that rules by decree.
That's the reality of the day and you are only allowed to speak out and associate in relative 'freedom' because there is no way you can effect the current system.

Just wait until massive taxation, inflation, black outs, energy and food price hikes and further loss of jobs currently underway are going to hit and this country turns into a police state.

Mark my words, this is what's around the corner, a disaster in the making.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:05 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 pm
Posts: 542
Shakassoc,
Marxism is taking over The UK and has been since it fell in 1989 in Eastern Europe.
It is not to be under-estimated.
The lessons of history are there to be remembered.
In 1931 Germany had rule of law, honest courts, a free press, freedom to form political parties, freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom to publish, an honest police force, belief in human rights and democracy...it also had far far far more Jewish assimilation than Britain. It is staggering how many Germans had Jewish grandparents, spouses, children and grandchildren. This made many Jews think that despite the rhetoric that it could not possibly happen here !
Only those who knew their history knew it could and fled leaving everything they could not carry.
The others put their naive trust in the free press, freedom to form political parties etc
Russia in 1911 was no more Marxist anti-God anti-Bible anti-Christ than the US is in 2011.
Girls in Kabul University in Afghanistan wore mini-skirts in the early 1970s.
Women in Tehran in the mid 1970s could dress like the women in Paris.
The French Revolution did not look inevitable in 1788.
The English Civil war did not look inevitable in 1637 or even 1639.
The Norman Invasion did not look inevitable to succeed two hours before it did.
Ted Heath was far behind in the polls a week before the 1970 election which sealed us in The Common Market aka The EU.
The point is that things can change rapidly and poisonous political demons need nipping in the bud. They spread like wildfire fast, far, uncontrollably if not caught early.
The Jews in the 1930s KNEW THEIR HISTORY.
90% of the world's Jews were in Spain in the 1400s and only in 1492 were they forced to flee or perish when the new King and Queen proved they really meant their anti-semitism.
The Jews in the 1100s and 1200s thought England was a good safe bet as successive Kings looked after them and
Edward 1 seemed the best yet. Then he invented the word holocaust, murdering the many Jews he owed money to, and expelled them from England for over 300 years.
Jesus in Matthew 24 and Luke 21 warns people that political stability can change suddenly and recommends people be alert, on guard, that they watch intently and pray fervently. He even urges people to pray they will not have to suddenly flee in winter when a woman in the family is heavily pregnant.
We need to be grateful for our freedoms, both gifts from God and from our heroic brave ancestors who won these rights, but we do not need to think they are secure.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:37 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:52 am
Posts: 841
I have to agree with rhaan, we have lost most of the freedoms we had a mere 50 years ago, law and order is a joke as is our "parliament". You even have to watch every word you say nowadays in case some big mouthed jobsworth is around. We had more freedom in the war,..... oh yes and education was a bloody sight better.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:21 pm
Posts: 2323
Location: Essex
rhaan wrote:
February 15, 2011
The Nazi Origins of Apocalyptic Global Warming Theory
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/ ... lypti.html

Just another NAZI scheme?


Thanks for the link.

_________________
"These people do steer the planet; they don't totally control it, they are trying to set up an open world government to control it."
Gold and silver thread (last post: 22/07/11).
Price 1oz coin @ APMEX: Gold $1,601 | Silver $40.01


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Money for Mr Pachauri
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:56 pm
Posts: 414
Location: EU Region of West Midlands in the former UK
rhaan wrote:
Shakassoc wrote:
john in cheshire wrote:
...the dictatorship that rules over us [...] is every bit as bad as the evil empire that Ronald Reagan declaimed against.

It isn't as bad, John. It isn't anything like as bad. We are relatively free. We operate under the rule of law. We can associate with whomever we wish, go where we like and publish things like this. We should be glad and grateful for the liberty we enjoy, which is almost unparalleled in human history...


I don't agree.
We have no longer control over our own country, our policies and soon our lives.
The UK and any other EU member state is now ruled by an unelected Commission that rules by decree.
That's the reality of the day and you are only allowed to speak out and associate in relative 'freedom' because there is no way you can effect the current system.

Just wait until massive taxation, inflation, black outs, energy and food price hikes and further loss of jobs currently underway are going to hit and this country turns into a police state.

Mark my words, this is what's around the corner, a disaster in the making.


Look, I am far from imagining that everything is hunky dory. It certainly isn't. There are all sorts of signs of significant rot. If things continue as they are then totalitarianism and slavery beckon. But, as you say, that's around the corner. It isn't now. And we still have it far, far better than the poor souls who lived in fear in Soviet-ruled East Germany.

It isn't true to say that 'we have lost most of the freedoms we had a mere 50 years ago.' The opposite is the case: we still have most of the freedoms we had 50 years ago. We have a free press, freedom of association, universal suffrage (except -- currently -- for convicts), freedom of movement. We can travel abroad with greater ease than at any time in our history. The voices of dissent are freely and widely raised and heard. So come on, stop exaggerating: things are bad enough as they are without painting them even worse.

I shall not at present say anything about your understanding of Matthew 24.

_________________
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 61 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net