Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Snow bomb
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 am 
Site Admin

South Korea has been buried by the biggest snowfall in a century. Rescue operations are under way as approximately 12,000 soldiers have been mobilized while the country suffers through it coldest winter in years. Hundreds of vehicles have been stranded on local roads and several buildings have collapsed after more than three feet of snow fell. More snow is forecast for today.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Snow bomb
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 am 

'Tis global warming I tell thee, repent and turn to the Gore to save yerselves from burning in the fires of eternal climate change.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 pm 

More cold on the way

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/02/15/r ... rn-europe/

Doubtless eureferendum predicted just that several years back :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

John Page wrote:
More cold on the way

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/02/15/r ... rn-europe/

Doubtless eureferendum predicted just that several years back :)

I think we have observed that the current pattern has similarities with the little cooling observed in 1939/40 et seq ... and we all know what happened to Hitler's Armies. WUWT could well have borrowed from some of our material ...

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... ts-do.html
http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... -past.html

But hey! What do we know?

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:59 pm 

There is much more to the current cooling than meets the eye.

We have arrived in period where several short and long term pattern coincide.
http://www.iceagenow.com/Sweden_Intervi ... _Radio.htm

There is ample doubt we are heading for a another little ice age with devastating effects for our food crops and our energy consumption. All Green Energy schemes severely reduce our ability to compete but they will make us extremely vulnerable during colder times.

Once again, we are not going to make it if we continue with the current power generation schemes and social-economic transformation set by the UN, EU and our National Governments which is in fact aimed at the destruction of our Western Civilization.

We need to return to free markets where free people who come up with the best solutions battled in a competitive market place.

This means that we have to stop all Government schemes now dominating our societies ASAP.

Again, this is about our survival, nothing more, nothing less.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm 

I wonder if we'll ever know the death toll in North Korea. Could cold push that poor benighted country into revolution?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
I wonder if we'll ever know the death toll in North Korea. Could cold push that poor benighted country into revolution?

Too bloody cold for a revolution.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 pm 

I have got 2 fireplaces, enough hard wood to keep them both going 24 hours a day for the next 6 months, a wife who has mastered the wheelbarrow, a 3 kw genset that runs on GPL, food for us and the dog, and 600 liters of red wine from last summer (good year )
let it snow
let it snow
let it snow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 pm 

nottoobrite wrote:
I have got 2 fireplaces, enough hard wood to keep them both going 24 hours a day for the next 6 months, a wife who has mastered the wheelbarrow, a 3 kw genset that runs on GPL, food for us and the dog, and 600 liters of red wine from last summer (good year )
let it snow
let it snow
let it snow.

Did you know that we have suburbs in the big cities where houses have been build without a chimney at all and where it is forbidden to fire up a fire place burning wood with the argument of preserving the air quality?

I never understood the people who bought a house without a chimney and I am sure the current energy costs have made some of he owners to scratch their head about their decision.
After two storms that hit Western Germany last summer we didn't know where to stack the wood from the fallen trees and branches and I spend weeks cutting the wood filling up the entire cellar but after this winter we burned big holes in the stacks. In fact I can't remember burning so much wood ever before.

As for the wine, noting more enjoyable than a good glass of wine at the fire place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:59 pm 

Vietnam ain't going down our moronic road, they're building 8 new Nuke power stations, by 2030......and they're commies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:44 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 am 

FU (Fed Up) wrote:
Vietnam ain't going down our moronic road, they're building 8 new Nuke power stations, by 2030......and they're commies.

All of the South-East Asian nations (except Singapore) are planning nuclear power stations because their economies and populations are growing so quickly.

At the same time, many of them are banging the drum about climate change, not because they've fallen for the myth, but they know there is a good chance that the foolish West will give them a few billions of dollars in 'climate mitigation' funds.

http://www.suite101.com/content/asian-n ... ut-a312655

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 pm 

Northern New Brunswick wind turbines frozen solid

The 25-kilometre stretch of wind turbines, located 70 kilometres northwest of Bathurst, N.B. has been completely shutdown for several weeks due to heavy ice covering the blades.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Northe ... z1E9icQR93

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:42 pm 

I spent 5 years living in South Korea, including the last real cold snap in 84-85. During one training exercise, we were scheduled to do a rubber boat river crossing in early march, but the Han river was frozen so solid that we walked across, followed by all the battalion vehicles. And it actually hit 60 below 0 (farenheit) when we were living outside in the Cheorwon for two weeks. It was the kind of weather whree you don't try to keep warm, you just try to keep enough body heat to stay out of hypothermia. As a light infantry soldier in Korea, I learned to truly love the snow, because when it started to fall, that meant temperatures would get above 0. Anything above 0 was considered heaven in Korean winters. That said, we never saw anything approaching a 3 ft. snow fall over there. Given the construction standards outside of Seoul, I would imagine it is pure chaos.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:39 pm 

Here is something that passed my eyes today. Cannot guarantee the authenticity.Global Warming?
The Washington Post

The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds. Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

========================================

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 88 years ago!

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next