Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Is Fox serious about the "Military Covenant"
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

During the height of the Iraq insurgency – and to the same extent as the campaign in Afghanistan built up – what we got mostly from the then shadow defence secretary was wailing about the "Military Covenant".

Now Liam Fox has assumed the office of defence secretary, he is still mainly parading his heart on this sleeve, unable to break away from his background as a GP. But, writes Booker today if Fox, is as keen on the Covenant as he claims to be, and had not all along been milking sympathy for the Armed Forces for political gain, then he might begin by addressing himself to the plight of Epeli Uluilakeba, a 28-year-old Fijian, known to his friends and comrades as Pex.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Is Fox serious about the "Military Covenant"
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 pm 

Richard, is money required? I'd be prepared to donate; I'm not affluent but I'd make a contribution. In addition, if there is a petition or anything that helps with this cause, then please let us/me know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:01 pm 

john in cheshire wrote:
Richard, is money required? I'd be prepared to donate; I'm not affluent but I'd make a contribution. In addition, if there is a petition or anything that helps with this cause, then please let us/me know.

Agreed.

This story really makes my blood boil.
PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 pm 

This is par for the course. He should convert to Islam, threaten to kill anyone who dares criticize his new religion, declare his intention to murder Jews, infidels and plot to destroy Britain. At that point it should be pretty much impossible to deport him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

john in cheshire wrote:

I'll keep you apprised ... Booker is doing something about a fighting fund.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 pm 

Thanks Richard. O/T, me being pedantic - apprised, not appraised. Sorry.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

john in cheshire wrote:
Thanks Richard. O/T, me being pedantic - apprised, not appraised. Sorry.

Sorted

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 pm 

Is Fiji not part of the commonwealth? Their flag has the Union Jack in the corner.
This seems to count for nothing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:35 pm 

Quote:
Such is the bizarre state of our immigration laws that, thanks to European legislation, we cannot deport a citizen of an EU country, even a rapist or murderer. Meanwhile, judges prevent the deportation of a Pakistani who knocked down a 12-year-old girl and caused her to "die like a dog" as she was dragged along by his car.

"cannot" or just 'will not'? Is the problem contained within a Directive or just within the minds of those applying the Directive?

I find it hard to believe that the ultimate discretion is not with the UK Government. These kinds of situations - do they often come down to rules set by the EU being the only consideration even when much greater leeway is in fact allowed? This is the creep of the bureaucracy where rules become regulations become legislation without so much as a care for due process and accountability.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 pm 

Richard Contact Anna Raccoon and Old Holborn as they have the Paypal donation thing 'off pat'.
Personally I would love to see the UKBA rotated out to Afghanistan every six months and replaced by troops in the airports and ports.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 pm 

Nothing new here....move along please....
How can anyone not be ashamed to death of those we have elected & those in 'public service'.
Indigenes, our kith & kin of all hues in the Commonwealth...and those who give their lives for us...are treated like shit.
If all this is factual, which I personally do not doubt, then we are beyond the nadir....& I feel sick.
Well, take note you bastards, if the Arab world can make a fist at getting rid of their scum, we have the same ability if we have the will.
That's the problem....the will. I'm not optimistic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:42 am 

IUt's there somewhere. You know what they say, with all this horseshit everywhere there has to be a horse here somewhere.

PDT_Armataz_01_32

[RN Fan 1A]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:23 am 

I agree with John in Chester here. If there were some sort of fund, a sort of Help for Heroes, I'd put in some cash. It would need to be an effective one though, with some chance of success.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:44 am 

I think it is time that those who tell us to eat "cake" have their heads dropped in the basket, I imagine the corporal is now a traffic warden, giving his authority to little old ladies, and telling his "comrades" what a great hero/soldier he was directing sadistic fire drill in the wee hours, his commanding office is now a politician for sure, the political class is made up of those who want gloom and doom for the taxpayer. ( ie., a politician, one who does not pay his taxes a law unto him/herself.)

I can remember the time when the local policeman was seen helping an old man carry his shopping bags home, BUT !!! that was England, not the excuse it has become.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:14 am 

The address is at the bottm of the article!

Cheques made out to :- Elaine Laga ( as Pex is not allowed to open his own bank account)

Send to :- Christopher Booker ( Pex)
Sunday Telegraph
111 Buckingham Palace Rd
London SW1W 0DT

Electronic payments to: EM LAGA – sort code 40-47-68 account number 30052043

I'M CERTAINLY CONTRIBUTING - THIS IS A COMPLETE DISGRACE AND SHOWS UP FOX FOR WHAT HE REALLY IS A COMPLETE ******* ( Make up your own word!)

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next