Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Scraping the barrel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:40 am 
Site Admin

It's always fun to see the MSM make stupid mistakes on their website, for no other reason that they are soooooo superior about their editing and fact-checking, and so anal about us lowly blogs.

However, the headline could well be a Freudian slip, as it's one of those hardy perennials about stopping the two-ring circus of the EU Parliament, and consigning the Strasbourg operation to history. Perhaps this is Bruno Waterfield's subliminal protest at having to produce a garbage story, featuring the lowlife, Edward McMillan-Scott, for the ever-failing Daily Failygraph.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Scraping the barrel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 am 

Well, the grub's wonderful in the Alsace & it's worth a visit for that alone....but they've made a habit of it & that dulls the palate.
Nice building....would make a good museum for things extinct. A defunct EU would be an attractive first exhibit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:04 am 

Quote:
the two-ring circus of the EU Parliament

I've got a better idea, why don't we build aircraft, we could build the wings in one country, the fuselage in another and the engines in another entirely different country.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:29 am 

In the interests of justice, fairness, equality and the rest, every EU nation should be required to construct it's own Strasbourg equivalent.
The Parliament would then be required to rotate through every one of these new democratic features of our landscape.
The benefits, other than the obvious simple advancement in equality, would be a huge reduction in unemployment by virtue of the construction required. As well as a rebirth of the areas adjacent to the new Strasbourgs, restaurants, hotels, red-light areas, and so on.
MP's would also benefit from the opportunity to get close-up-and-personal with Europeans other than Brusselites and Strasbourgers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am 

This is all about pleasing the Frogs,they must be seen to be in charge. Also the area keeps ,or used to,changing between France and Germany,at the moment it's in France. PDT_Armataz_02_11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 am 

trouble is .. there's a lot of opportunity to skim and expense claim for this double head office farce ... that's why the little luvvies will be resistant to change ,its not political

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 am 

spencer wrote:
Quote:
the two-ring circus of the EU Parliament

I've got a better idea, why don't we build aircraft, we could build the wings in one country, the fuselage in another and the engines in another entirely different country.

Like Boeing does? Boeing 777 for example. Globalisation, dear boy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:08 pm 

Whistle wrote:
This is all about pleasing the Frogs,they must be seen to be in charge. Also the area keeps ,or used to,changing between France and Germany,at the moment it's in France. PDT_Armataz_02_11

I visited Gerardmer a few years ago, on the West of the Vosges mountains. At the end of the war in Europe, as the Germans retreated, passing through the Vosges, they spitefully devastated large parts of the area. There are few old buildings in Gerardmer, and the Germans are hated for it. On the Eastern side of the Vosges, the Germans continued to retreat, but they didn't wreak such damage. Why not? Because they said 'We'll be back here soon.' So, at least, we were told by people in Gerardmer, whose hatred of Germans (and love of British) were palpable.

Unsurprisingly, lots of towns in that region of France have German names, such as Strasbourg, Kaysersberg, etc. Many of these places are unspoiled mediaeval towns -- unlike those on the West, such as Gerardmer.
PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 pm 

Many years ago, my (German) wife & I were 'doing' the Black Forest & I remarked on the very large number of cars with French licence plates...and asked her why.
"Oh," she replied, "we Germans think one can eat better in the Elsass; many French, on the other hand, think the Schwarzwald is their Schlemmerparadis...& both of us are right."
True, true..........

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:13 pm 

The biggest problem we face is debt.
If our governments and the EU took debt seriously the EU budget would have been cut a long time ago.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... enace.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:35 am 

As the old saying goes, "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

http://www.throughyourbody.com/winter-solstice-holly-king-oak-king/#
http://homepage.mac.com/antallan/holly.html

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]