Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Fun and games
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

The BBC, we are told, has fought off a High Court challenge from Monckton, who has been trying to prevent the broadcast of the "Meet The Climate Sceptics" documentary tonight. Monckton had applied to Mr Justice Tugendhat for an injunction stopping the programme, on the basis that it had not included his right of reply. He said that he felt he had been "unreasonably treated and misled" and complained of breach of contract.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fun and games
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:56 pm 

Monckton went to quite a lot of effort to make a Youtube series countering the hit job from Prof John Abraham recently. We can maybe expect something similar.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

scrasea wrote:
Monckton went to quite a lot of effort to make a Youtube series countering the hit job from Prof John Abraham recently. We can maybe expect something similar.

Yes, quite possibly ... and it may get more hits on youtube than a BBC 4 programme.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:22 pm 

Anyone who is a sceptic and asked to appear on the Al-Beeb, should either demand it go out live, or have it cnfmed in writeing that they have final approval of their contribution....anything less will allow a stitch up.

Though the fact that they are stitching up sceptics so blatantly will also backfire very badly. Monckton will not take this lieing down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:08 pm 

I have been buying commercial rated gas for my business for 16 years now,we had very cheap prices up till about 2005,almost to the point they hardly were worth bothering about.Then alot of gas companies that had sprung up after privatisation seemed to disappear,probably unable to make a decent profit.All of a sudden I was faced with dealing at the same few larger companies,like British Gas and Eon.

Prices have gone up and up since 2005,however I have stayed with BG since about 2003(who took over my very cheap Enron contract)as they have consistantly been the cheapest option out there.I keep a very close eye on the prices now,having had a 18% rise last year and the same again this year. I have fixed the last price for 3 years as I expected it to go up again next year.

After reading that article seems my fears were unfounded, as based on what the gas companies say, prices should start dropping next year.This is assuming there is a 3 year delay in the commodity price.Oil has dropped substantially since 2008 and they keep telling me the gas is linked to the oil price,....I will be watching. PDT_Armataz_01_02

Edit

Apologies, posted this on the wrong thread.It should have been on the previous piece comments " UK Consumers are ripped off" .Thats what you get trying to do 2 things at once PDT_Armataz_02_15

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm 

As Delingpole says Murray was very convincing. I met Monckton at a UKIP campaign event last May. Murray was there and he seemed a reasonable bloke.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm 

Quote:
But this is climate change, and we are talking about the BBC. Dellers is right. It was always going to be a stitch-up, and we're not going to be disappointed. Already, The Guardian is sniggering that the sceptic cause is "possibly not aided by having as spokesman the hereditary peer Christopher Monckton, who recently needed to be told to stop referring to himself as a member of the House of Lords".

This is something of a canard by the Guardian. Monckton is in no way a spokesman for the sceptic cause because it is not a coagulated organisation. An issue Dr. Judith Curry noted as being raised recently at a small conflab in Lisbon. The sixth paragraph begins:
Quote:
One of the frustrations from the “warm” side was the inability to identify the skeptics and some selected spokespersons for the skeptic side. One scientist wanted an elite group of skeptics with whom to negotiate and debate. The skeptics made the point that skepticism is rather amorphous and anarchistic by its very nature. One person may be skeptical about one point but not about others, and may change their mind over time. There is no organized “group” of skeptics, and skeptics are likely to disagree with each other on specific points and may be skeptical about completely different scientific issues.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

RJAllen wrote:
As Delingpole says Murray was very convincing. I met Monckton at a UKIP campaign event last May. Murray was there and he seemed a reasonable bloke.

Successful conmen often are ... that's why they're successful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 pm 

In the mean time real scientific research is steering away from greenhouse gases triggering climate change.

Climate Changes are not caused by greenhouse gases.
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2011/ ... e-not.html

Also read:
http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ional.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 pm 

Thanks to the BBC the UK now has morphed into Venezuela.
Our collective Chavez is called EU.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm 

How global Warming became political poison
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... al_poison/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm 

It is a shame this has got no viewers...the warmists have misjudged this totally.
I think it is a big own goal for the warmists.
These people are just plugging names people can then google. Delingpole, Lord Monckton, Dellers, etc
Then people will get their stuff direct.
Obama's credibility is crashing in every direction...and he is the political high priest of the warmist religion. Still thinking people TRUST him is a big mistake.
He has lost the US believers and now losing them outside The US.
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/ne ... t-1.340057
Obama has lost Egypt just as Carter lost Iran. Worse - far worse- is to come.
Warmists should be distancing themselves from Obama. Monckton is nailing the warmists for the casual viewer.

Alas most people are now watching news that The Telegraph is saying that The Lockerbie bomber (convicted whether guilty or not) was released because of UK and US ie Obama acting together to appease Libyia !!
Plus that Egypt is about to go...and be followed by ?
http://www.haaretz.com/news/internation ... l-1.340321
Or that Liverpool and Chelsea spent £150 million on 5 football players today just as it was revealed most jobs created last year were part-time and the economy is getting worse.
Plus that Labour has a 5 year poll record lead over WARMIST-IN-CHIEF Dave.
But I still want it shown more widely now ....The Warmists kept such tight control over the message that letting real people know there is dissent in big numbers undermines their message totally.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 pm 

"We just have to set democracy aside".....warmist message.
PLEASE PLEASE show this much more widely.
Or Youtube the best bits.
No wonder they put it on BBC 4 at 10pm. They realised it was not the slam dunk that the warmists intended.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:02 am 

83% of Brits view Global Warming as a current or imminent threat.
But that's according to a poll held by the Guardian.

Is there any unbiased polling available?
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2011 ... nt-threat/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 am 

A juvenile programme.

I particularly enjoyed the reference to Australia as a dustbowl.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next