Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 81 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Comment removed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

How ironic it is that Booker should write his column on how the warmists abuse science, only to have a troll launch into the comments with a stream of abuse of Booker ... and myself. Currently, over 600 "comments" come from this one troll, aphasicfinder, getting on for a half of the total comments. This is classic troll abuse, a process that has acquired the label "bombing" and one which, on a well-managed website, would lead to the offender being banned.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Comment removed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:30 pm 

Are the Barclay Brothers English?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm 

Quote:
In true Soviet style, I have been "disappeared".

My earlier bank had a tortuous application process for a debit card. You would have to wait for a mail-in to the parent bank, check in everyday after three weeks etc etc. I held off for as long as I could and then succumbed and applied for one. It came after a wait of 3 months! In true Kafkaesque fashion, it was issued to cardholder named 'K'.

That's right. My name on my bank debit card was just 'K'.

The rule of course, is, what they make a big noise about, is what they do themselves. So, if you find Monbiot and the Guardian complaining loudly about paid-up trolls, you ask immediately: "Wait, how do they know that to be true?"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:14 pm 

I wouldn't worry. On a completely separate Telegraph topic I was having a 'conversation' with a guy who reckoned he could code a solution to a train scheduling question, which is an NP-complete problem and incapable of computer solution at our present level of mathematical understanding. All his wild assertions will be found happily on the thread, while all of my comments that he appears to be breaching fundamental computing theorems, complete with references, are neatly excised.

I gave up - I have better things to do with my time....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Shub Niggurath wrote:
Quote:
In true Soviet style, I have been "disappeared".

My earlier bank had a tortuous application process for a debit card. You would have to wait for a mail-in to the parent bank, check in everyday after three weeks etc etc. I held off for as long as I could and then succumbed and applied for one. It came after a wait of 3 months! In true Kafkaesque fashion, it was issued to cardholder named 'K'.

That's right. My name on my bank debit card was just 'K'.

The rule of course, is, what they make a big noise about, is what they do themselves. So, if you find Monbiot and the Guardian complaining loudly about paid-up trolls, you ask immediately: "Wait, how do they know that to be true?"

Heh!

A sort of ego self-projection ... always accuse the opposition of the things of which you are guilty ... clouds the issue.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

DodgyGeezer wrote:
I wouldn't worry. On a completely separate Telegraph topic I was having a 'conversation' with a guy who reckoned he could code a solution to a train scheduling question, which is an NP-complete problem and incapable of computer solution at our present level of mathematical understanding. All his wild assertions will be found happily on the thread, while all of my comments that he appears to be breaching fundamental computing theorems, complete with references, are neatly excised.

Yes ... that is the upside .... it will save me some time. Tells you a lot about the Telegraph, but nothing that we didn't know already ... time to move on!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm 

I notice that this damfool Disqus system (bloody silly name - bet it came from the same consultancy that came up with Consiglia) has links for Report and Recommend. I wonder if you are going to find that, in between posting trollery, the troll was hitting the negative button on your posts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

HarryR wrote:
I notice that this damfool Disqus system (bloody silly name - bet it came from the same consultancy that came up with Consiglia) has links for Report and Recommend. I wonder if you are going to find that, in between posting trollery, the troll was hitting the negative button on your posts.

Quite possibly, but I was doing the same on its!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm 

Obama does not know the difference between Afghanistan and Iraq it seems. The msm including the Telegraph may soon catch him up as their standards slip.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm ... 45073.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 pm 

Just finished going through that comment tread and reporting all assfinders posts, while recommending all the sceptics who were shooting him down (esp Reality Returns). Almost lost the will to live before half way through, but managed to revive my spirits with coffee. To be honest I don't think obvious trolls like that are such a big deal as they're so obviously activists. It's the apparently sane and educated believers who are the problem, and their aren't many of them.
PDT_Armataz_01_41

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:12 pm 

One of my comments was removed today too, because a climate lily's feelings got hurt.

He called me a troll and my feelings got hurt too.

PDT_Armataz_02_31

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

_AKM_ wrote:
Just finished going through that comment tread and reporting all assfinders posts, while recommending all the sceptics who were shooting him down (esp Reality Returns). Almost lost the will to live before half way through, but managed to revive my spirits with coffee. To be honest I don't think obvious trolls like that are such a big deal as they're so obviously activists. It's the apparently sane and educated believers who are the problem, and their aren't many of them.
PDT_Armataz_01_41

Brave man ... that is above and beyond the call of duty. I agree with you about the apparently sane believers ... but there should be heavy emphasis on the "apparently". Scratch them, and you will find a troll lurkinbg inside.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

Shub Niggurath wrote:
One of my comments was removed today too, because a climate lily's feelings got hurt.

He called me a troll and my feelings got hurt too.

PDT_Armataz_02_31

This is one of the mnost bazarre moderation systems I have ever come across. At least with the guardian, you know where you stand ... you are going to get banned come what may. The Telegraph is random and inconsistent, so you have no idea how it is going to behave. Definitely not worth wasting any time on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:22 pm 

DodgyGeezer wrote:

That's exactly what they want you to do. Become passive so they can continue their plans without opposition.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 pm 

Oh My Gawd.......read a few posts and it was just crazy.....as you say they have lost the plot big time.....what on earth is going on at the Failygraph.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 81 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next