Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: MET OFFICE THREAD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 am 
Site Admin

It has become enormously important for the Met Office to protect is own claim that it in some way predicted the severe weather at the beginning of the winter, so much so that it has become an article of faith. To that effect, with the help of the BBC's Roger Harrabin, the Met Office has been attempting to re-write history.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: An article of faith
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:27 am 

Top class work by Autonomous Minds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 am 

I would be absolutely gob-smacked if this revelation makes any sort of appearance in the MSM.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:06 am 

Well, at least the Telegraph has started to give Piers Corbyn some decent space.

He gets 4 pars of comments in the story "Water company warns customers to prepare for drought" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... ought.html

And he doesn't waste them:

Quote:
Piers Corbyn, of the long range forecaster, Weather Action, predicted more cold winters and cool summers. “In the winter reservoir levels will be low but they will probably pick up in the summer because we will have more rain. There will be regional differences because it will depend on where the high pressure might be.”

Mr Corbyn said the conditions had “nothing to do with global warming”, and he added: “The world is now cooling.”

He said: “It is changes in the position of the jet stream caused by changes in solar activity and lunar modulation.

“It is low solar activity but there are very specific lunar modulations which cause the jet stream to get stuck in certain ways, one of which is to give cold northerly blasts in the winter.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:22 am 

O/T
Originally from Drudge:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/41311587

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:44 am 

That sentence really says " we don't have a clue" but we''ll go with the same or warmer - but might be colder too - WTF kind of forcasts are those, really, those are not weather forcasts that I am familiar with

our Dear King Richard (the whatever number of Richards have been king) could have said it will be the same - maybe warmer - maybe cooler, that is just CYA with every option mentioned and all 60 to 70% - christ what farce.

I am catching on to some of your slang and almost used - stuff up, just wasn't sure that would be correct - what do you expect from a Scot Florida Redneck, I trying though

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:35 am 

Remember, the forecasts will get better next year. Beddington said so, so it must be true.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:52 am 
Eggsuckindog wrote:
That sentence really says " we don't have a clue" but we''ll go with the same or warmer - but might be colder too - WTF kind of forcasts are those, really, those are not weather forcasts that I am familiar with.

Tsk tsk! That's our esteemed MET Office you're talking about there. So shut up and listen close, pal.

We have got more shit in England than even you Yanks can shoot at.

Clear now?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:15 am 
England is the World Leader in Shit.

America? Well, yes, America has a lot too. But you have NEVER beaten us on the shit frunt.

Losers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:28 am 

John Archer wrote:
England is the World Leader in Shit.

America? Well, yes, America has a lot too. But you have NEVER beaten us on the shit frunt.

Losers!

I can roll with that John

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:37 am 
Eggsuckindog wrote:
I can roll with that John

OK Eggs. No need to mosey on down to the O.K. Corral to sort out our differences then. It seems we don't have any. For now.

That's good.

Yank. :)

ADDED LATER:
With sight of the above again, this time cold, I think there's a clear risk it might not come across the way I intended, namely as friendly mock teasing. In fact, it could easily be taken for the exact opposite. That's doubleplus ungood so I've added a smiley smiley. I don't want to be the cause of any blue on blue here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:24 am 

Has anyone planned to package this data into a few very simple sentences (together with proof) and send a copy to all the councils in the UK? They are surely best placed to exert pressure on central government.....?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:21 pm 

Can the Meteorogical Office confirm that winter will be colder than summer? This is as far as I would stretch their expertise.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:32 pm 

Allan_Aberdeen wrote:
Can the Meteorogical Office confirm that winter will be colder than summer? This is as far as I would stretch their expertise.

I think if you are looking for a forecast specifically for Aberdeen, then all bets are off Allan :) (Speaking as someone who lived there for a few years in the 80s)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:43 am 

Himalayan glaciers not melting because of climate change, report finds

Dr Pachauri, head of the Nobel prize-winning UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, has remained silent on the matter since he was forced to admit his report's claim that the Himalayan glaciers would melt by 2035 was an error and had not been sourced from a peer-reviewed scientific journal. It came from a World Wildlife Fund report.

He angered India's environment minister and the country's leading glaciologist when he attacked those who questioned his claim as purveyors of "voodoo science".

The environment Minister Jairam Ramesh had cited research indicating some Himalayan glaciers were advancing in the face of the UN's claim.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next