Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Multi-tasking
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Nicked from Witterings from Witney - who undoubtedly nicked it from someone else - the picture above is offered without comment, other than to say I found it funny.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Multi-tasking
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 pm 

Appalling and disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. It should have been a Dyson.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:52 pm 

Funnily enough Richard, my sister is an unreconstructed lefty, and the first time I saw this, was a few days back when she emailed it to me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm 

Well, speaking as a member of the multi-tasking gender, I enjoyed a really good belly laugh. Thanks! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:13 pm 

Quite funny really...but I cant help wondering if only men find this kind of humour funny......I laughed when I heard this next joke,but my female employee looked at me blanky when I told her it.

Why did God make woman last?....he didnt want to be told what to do.

You can take it at face value or you could take as a testament to women's strength of orgnisation,however I always feel that when you start analysing humour.......it no longer becomes funny.

We should just laugh or scowl, then move on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

Shakassoc wrote:
Appalling and disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. It should have been a Dyson.

:oops:

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 pm 

The lass might know the offside rule but she'll never get any cleaning done without the vacuum hose attached.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:45 pm 

Have you got a fighting fund for when a friend of a friend of a friend takes offence on the lineswoman's behalf and reports you to Trevor.

Brilliant :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 pm 

I do find this whole episode rather puerile.

Middle-aged man in male dominated industry for whole life found to be sexist shocker!!

Film at 11.

Just how is it different from the wimmen-orientated adverts that portray men who can't find their arse from their elbow?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:34 pm 

I do not know the girl personally but I bet she would see the funny side of the photo PROVIDED she was now allowed to do her job.
But as she has committed the unpardonable sin of being right and embarassed the powers that be, the same powers are now trying to get her to step down.

She can almost certainly take a joke or even cruel mockery. She gets enough practice.Few realise how many years she has had to referee five games a week moving up nine levels in turn based on proven compotence. She has had mockery, abuse, threats, and dealt with a lot to pursue her chosen interest. Being a referee is very lonely and thankless (unless you are a control freak who loves the power). Referees often need police protection for themselves and their family.There is no money in it except the very few elite at the top. She was within touching distance of this peak.
She was targeted by two nasty TV multi-millionaire bullies who have made their pile with very little effort and can retire on a fortune which the likes of most rich people will never accumulate. They seem to have killed her career. She is now being pressured by the powers that be not to referee for a while, to disappear quietly and not carry on.
They do not think she can take the pressure and the crowd shouting out abuse.
Disgracefully she is not being given the chance to show that she can be thick skinned enough to carry on regardless because she believes in what she is doing and prepared to take (in good spirit) the flak, abuse, mockery and jokes.
Crucially she has not whined, complained or requested the jokes stop. She knows it is all part of football crowd behavior.
In fact she just turned up on time, did her job brilliantly with the best offside decision of the season, and wanted to go home quietly and anonymously.
Her decision on whether a goal was onside or off-side was proved by camera replays to be spot on.
Once again a person commits the unpardonable sin : they were right and embarassed people who were in power, believed they were omnipotent and supposed to know better. She embarassed the people in power (who thought she got the decision wrong until it was proved she was 100% right).
They are now spinning that she can not referee tomorrow as too many TV news reporters want to come to the game...since when has media and publicity not been sort out zealously by football clubs ?
I hope she fights on and goes as far as her compotence merits.
If she was also one who doubts global warming, I would be seeking her to be given some honour by The Queen.
One of the reasons there is so little passion for defending British freedom and sovereignty, is that too much is poured into football tribal loyalty and it also sucks in time, energy and money. The detailed knowledge national newspapers impart and expect from readers on football utterly shames the rest of the newspaper sections.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 pm 

All the important women of the world were recruited for a movement to finally overthrow men and establish their hegemony. A meeting was arranged to kick off the revolution. It all fell through when no-one turned up. The organisers couldn't understand it. They had sent out maps..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 pm 

@ Jonathan...

Excellent, excellent, excellent comment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm 

Dangermouse wrote:
@ Jonathan...

Excellent, excellent, excellent comment.

I second that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm 

The speed with which these mugs (and similar t-shirts) have been made available makes one proud to be British:
http://dailymash.shotdeadinthehead.com/ ... x?pid=1975

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:27 pm 

Shakassoc wrote:

We've abandoned Dyson ages ago...endless breakdowns. Now running a trouble-free Henry, as in the picture.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next