Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Myrtle the Judas goat
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:38 am 
Site Admin

It was Autonomous Mind who first picked up the stench on the breeze from a little-known blog. This had it that Dan Hannan and Douglas Carswell were seeking to wind up the Better Off Out campaign. Supported by Mark Reckless, they are proposing that BOO should be replaced by a cross-party referendum campaign, which says AM, "confirms the suspicions of many people" that the pair "are nothing more than David Cameron’s useful idiots".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Myrtle the Judas goat
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:31 am 

Michael Foot should be more honoured than he is. Despite other policies the right certainly did not want, he did offer the nation the chance to leave in one week without even need for a referendum. If elected with his manifesto, he was going to write to then then EEC and say the British Parliament was withdrawing and taking all its powers back. A few years of his rule would have been worth it to have got us out.
He would have invested in manufacturing, strengthened the regions, resisted the Westminster bubble forming.
London's population fell until 1984 when a political decision was made that this must not happen. It is not just Brussells, it is the anti-British Westminster bubble wanting Brussells to rule us while using many devices (such as the one mentioned IN THE MYRTLE THE JUDAS GOAT post) to manage our letting off steam at each EU intrusion without taking any really effective action about it...such as leaving as Michael Foot really intended to do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 am 

Jonathan wrote:
Michael Foot should be more honoured than he is. Despite other policies the right certainly did not want, he did offer the nation the chance to leave in one week without even need for a referendum. If elected with his manifesto, he was going to write to then then EEC and say the British Parliament was withdrawing and taking all its powers back. A few years of his rule would have been worth it to have got us out.
He would have invested in manufacturing, strengthened the regions, resisted the Westminster bubble forming.
London's population fell until 1984 when a political decision was made that this must not happen. It is not just Brussells, it is the anti-British Westminster bubble wanting Brussells to rule us while using many devices (such as the one mentioned IN THE MYRTLE THE JUDAS GOAT post) to manage our letting off steam at each EU intrusion without taking any really effective action about it...such as leaving as Michael Foot really intended to do.

From my observations, what politicians say in opposition and what they do when in government are, generally, entirely different.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:36 am 

Personally, I think Carswell genuinely means well, and so is probably in the useful idiots camp; Hannan, on the other hand, really does act like a plant - Myrtle may well be a good descriptor!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:07 am 

Politicians,in general, are not to be trusted,never have been,never will be.Is there one who says what he means and means what he says? PDT_Armataz_02_11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:55 am 
OT:

Thanks to this blog I have discovered I have gaping lacuna in my knowledge of things goaty.

Although the association rings a distant and sullen bell (maybe?), I don't know why the name Myrtle is connected with goats? A fairy story, Greek myth, Billy's favourite snack?

I'd be grateful for some filler material.

P.S. Google wasn't being particularly friendly to me this morning. That's why I'm asking here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

John Archer wrote:
OT:

Thanks to this blog I have discovered I have gaping lacuna in my knowledge of things goaty.

Although the association rings a distant and sullen bell (maybe?), I don't know why the name Myrtle is connected with goats? A fairy story, Greek myth, Billy's favourite snack?

I'd be grateful for some filler material.

P.S. Google wasn't being particularly friendly to me this morning. That's why I'm asking here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068149/trivia

14 down ...

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:00 pm 

Dan Hannan has done a huge amount to raise the profile of the dark side of the EU. He has supported campaigns against the single currency and the constitution in many nations. In fact I doubt if you can name anyone who has done more. Yet he is criticised for being in the Conservative party. Let's have a reality check here, there is no other party with a chance of forming a government that offers any prospect of stopping the slide into EU superstatehood. All those who share Dan Hannan's views should join the Conservative party and then work to get the best candidates in place to support their views. True it is happening far too slowly, but waiting for UKIP would be glacial. Now is the time to join the Conservatives en masse and get elected.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Derek wrote:
Dan Hannan has done a huge amount to raise the profile of the dark side of the EU. He has supported campaigns against the single currency and the constitution in many nations. In fact I doubt if you can name anyone who has done more. Yet he is criticised for being in the Conservative party. Let's have a reality check here, there is no other party with a chance of forming a government that offers any prospect of stopping the slide into EU superstatehood. All those who share Dan Hannan's views should join the Conservative party and then work to get the best candidates in place to support their views. True it is happening far too slowly, but waiting for UKIP would be glacial. Now is the time to join the Conservatives en masse and get elected.

Dan Hannan has done a huge amount to raise the profile of the dark side of Dan Hannan. His chosen vehicle is the EU, which he has exploited as a means of carving out a distinctive voice, at a time when he thought it would further his career. Now that it is proving to be a career cul-de-sac, Hannan is seeking to drop the issue and re-invent himself as a mainstream politicians. Not impressed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:20 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068149/trivia

14 down ...

Ah, yes! Thank you. I knew there was somethin' thar. Mary-Lou, Billy-Bob, Daisy-May... I remember them well.

Which is odd 'cause I never watched it. My wife did though. It must have snuck in under my guard.

If I'd have been let loose on the script, Jack Pallance or Lee Van Cleef would have rode up on his horse and gunned the lot down in episode one. The End.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm 

Derek wrote:
Dan Hannan has done a huge amount to raise the profile of the dark side of the EU. He has supported campaigns against the single currency and the constitution in many nations.

And accomplished what?

Derek wrote:
In fact I doubt if you can name anyone who has done more.

Dr RAE North for one. :) The source of much of the original material that charlatans like Hannan are always happy to exploit without giving reference.

Derek wrote:
Yet he is criticised for being in the Conservative party.

the party that is perhaps more europhile than any other given their track record of selling us out.

Derek wrote:
Let's have a reality check here, there is no other party with a chance of forming a government that offers any prospect of stopping the slide into EU superstatehood. All those who share Dan Hannan's views should join the Conservative party and then work to get the best candidates in place to support their views. True it is happening far too slowly, but waiting for UKIP would be glacial. Now is the time to join the Conservatives en masse and get elected.

I don't share Daniel "I voted for Cameron and would do so again" Hannans views. And last time I checked the Conservatives have been elected (albeit barely) and what has that accomplished? Theyre all a bunch a careerists too chickenshit to go on the better off out register even if they agree with it. People whose careers come first. People whose only job has ever been and ever will be politics. They do not speak for us and that can never change until Cameron has gone. Hannan is an avid supporter and defender of Cameron and won't rock the boat. Thus he is a coward, a liar, a traitor, a phony, a fraud and a collaborator who can hang with the rest of them. He is a scum sucking parasite.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:35 pm 
Dan Hannan — Pukka Parsnip Butterer or Real Fake?

Discuss.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm 
The Tory party might be proof that entryism does not always work (despite its supposedly eurosceptic "grass roots" membership, no other party has been so europhile in thought and deed for so long).

Hannan is the Tory party's comb-over for its europhilia. When the wind blows, it's embarrassing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:52 pm 

Derek, surely you see that there is not a single shred of Toryism in the current "Conservative Party". If anyone calls themselves a Tory and yet they support the current mob then they are either blind or deliberately lying. The meme of "we must work from the inside to reform it" is that of the deliberate Quisling or the useful idiot.
I would vote Tory if there was a Tory Party, the Conservatives aren't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 pm 

Derek wrote:
Now is the time to join the Conservatives en masse and get elected.

Now is the time to join the Conservatives en masse and get ignored.
Turnip Taliban, anybody? PDT_Armataz_01_31

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next