Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: It's Booker time
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 am 
Site Admin

Two main offerings from the master scribe this week, one on EU megalomania - Galileo and carbon trading - and the other on another form of megalomania, the RSPCA and squirrels. Readers of this blog will be familiar with the EU stuff. The RSPCA is new, although one suspects that if there was an EU animal welfare agency, it would be modelled on the RSPCA and look very much like it. Comments are not quite as active as one might expect, but even the stray Europhiles who are wandering onto the comments on Galileo are not quite as vile as the dedicated warmists (although most rabid warmists are Europhiles, not all Europhiles are rabid warmists).

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: It's Booker time
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:13 am 

I remember going to a presentation some years ago on Galileo. The presenter suggested some form of "monetization" (to use the vernacular) through private sponsorship. I remember thinking at the time that this seemed like a dumb idea, since there is already a perfectly good free GPS system currently in use.

It is a constant source of amazement to me that these "dumb ideas" can roll on for years and years. Those of us who work in IT are especially used to this, I feel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:40 am 

That Galileo is a disaster is a foregone conclusion. It was a disaster from it being announced - and a fraudulent one at that, Booker's piece paints the picture well. It deserves being dropped like a hot potato.

With regard to the RSPCA, we have a similar situation in small scale to that of the British Army abroad. We may feel passionate about their presence whether it is to maintain stability, or to get the hell out of there. But the criticism is of policy and mis-management. Few would blame the troops on the ground for simply carrying out orders in an organisation they joined voluntarily to be part of a team and see each other through. With the RSPCA there is headquarters who make policy, Inspectors who have the task of carrying out said policies, and then the bulk of the 'troops', who work at the various animal centres around the country with only one thing in their minds - to be part of a small band of carers taking in the cast-offs, which are quite often from the dregs of society (poor and rich alike) who have no longer any need or desire to keep their 'pet', and in many cases they take in animals incapable of being re-homed due to their aggressive temperament. Without such dedicated staff, many more animals would suffer fates far worse than they currently experience, and all due to the 'troops' that work at animal rescue centres - no matter what their official titles may be; RSPCA, PDSA, Canine Defence League, Wood Green Animal Shelter and many more. We may slag off the politicians and generals quite rightly, but we praise the troops do we not? In slagging off the 'RSPCA', we are giving no credit to any 'troops'.

I posted as follows partly in reply to a claim to remove state funding :-

"The action taken against any party for drowning a Grey Squirrel which is officially classified as vermine, is ludicrous. The Councils employ teams of people in public health departments to poison and gas Rats, I was once a member of such a team. Every industrial estate has bait boxes serviced by private companies such as Rentokil (good name eh? Plenty of work for them in government.)

The RSPCA are not state funded. They rely totally on voluntary contributions and sales of re-homing, bedding and foodstuffs. If you choose not to support them, that's your choice - but please note: Inspectors and head office aside, the individual RSPCA centres who see the starved, beaten, neglected and abandoned animals have teams of staff working purely for the animals sake. Their attitudes towards headquarters and their policies may well be similar to those sentiments expressed in many other comments. If you do choose to support the RSPCA, do so at a local level to a branch near you, they are always short of staff and funding. "

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 pm 

the rspca can go out of their way to attempt a prosecution without proof but they do nothing about the widespread cruelty under the outdated barbaric slaughter of animals taking place increasingly on a massive scale by muslims so halal meat can flood the supermarkets of this country

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

melrandall wrote:
the rspca can go out of their way to attempt a prosecution without proof but they do nothing about the widespread cruelty under the outdated barbaric slaughter of animals taking place increasingly on a massive scale by muslims so halal meat can flood the supermarkets of this country

That's about the size of it.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:26 pm 

Hello,

I've seen a few references to the Guardian readership being subsidised by the BBC but have not yet found the details. I assume this is what was referred to as "the subsidised Guardian" in this article?

Can anyone give me a link to the details please?

Thanks,

Brian

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:37 pm 

Re: Halal slaughter (and I suppose Kosher?) Isn't it strange that there are a whole raft of laws where religion is invoked to provide immunity?

E.g. crash helmets on turbans head coverings where hoodies are not allowed etc.

How is it that this defence does not work for Christian adoption agencies or B&B hotels?

It seems to me that the (a) racial, (b) sexual, and (c) religious discrimination are perfectly allowable as long as they only apply to (a) white , (b) male and/or (c) Christian people.

The worst thing is that this appears to be accepted by the Judges as ok, re the B&B case recently. As the indigenous inhabitants, we are supposed to be more tolerant in having our rights trampled upon than the others.

Incidentally, re: the RSPCA not sticking up for the halal beef victims, we see the feminists being strangely silent about the ill treatment of muslim women also. I assume it's to do with not wanting to be the subject of a fatwa.

I suppose this is the result of being part of a culture based on Christian principles. If one which is based on "turning the other cheek" meets one which is based on "kill all the other buggers" what happens?

Brian

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:23 pm 

Quote:
The winners are: white, secular females, then coloured minority females, then gay white men, then liberal men... and so on, with white, working class Christian man at the bottom.

Here's an example.

This is absolutely nonsense that's just a bit of fun and really shouldn't be news... it's men being men.

There's probably nothing wrong with a female linesmen, even a 25 year old, if she can do the job, but there's nothing wrong with free speech off camera, either.

This is the "status game" in action. It works to emasculate men, and fire the ones who aren't, and promote women and minorities in their place.

Never apologise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:13 am 

therewaslight wrote:

Now you're doing it. Try harder before blaming Christianity. It has nothing to do with Christian principles - Christianity is under attack. Those who gain are non-Christians. It is white people competing against each other that is causing this. In this competition being Christian is a handicap.

The winners are: white, secular females, then coloured minority females, then gay white men, then liberal men... and so on, with white, working class Christian man at the bottom.

I was being ironic. It was of the same tone as the american phrase: "nice guys finish last" . The "niceness" of the Christian tradition lays it open to bullying by other, more barbaric cultures. I'm not blaming Christianity any more than I would blame a little old lady for being mugged in the street.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:47 pm 

No, I understood what you meant and I simply don't agree with your summary of the Christian tradition.

"Turn the other cheek" is not about being nice but about not descending to their level. Jesus wants us to resist evil. There is a qualitative difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness, one is control and power the other is weakness and desperation.

It's utterly meaningless historically and as a concept to suggest Christianity has been bullied. Many would of course disagree with you, if it did make sense. It's more status-gaming on your part to make Christians look small.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:36 am 

Just accidentally edited an earlier post - sorry.

Quote:

Here's an example.

This is absolutely nonsense that's just a bit of fun and really shouldn't be news... it's men being men.

There's probably nothing wrong with a female linesmen, even a 25 year old, if she can do the job, but there's nothing wrong with free speechoff camera, either.

This is the "status game" in action. It works to emasculate men, and fire the ones who aren't, and promote women and minorities in their place.

Never apologise.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]