Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Sucking at the public teat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Autonomous Mind (from whom the graphic is "borrowed") picks up on the Peter Sissons article in The Daily Mail today, repeating his comment that: In the later stages of my career, I lost count of the number of times I asked a producer for a brief on a story, only to be handed a copy of The Guardian and told "it's all in there".

In the comments to the Mail piece, we then have our own Jonathan Stuart-Brown, who also makes some pertinent observations: The Guardian sells only 250,000 copies a day (and falling). Take away the bulk buying by libraries, quangos, unions, universities, charities, and BBC and the real figure is 50,000 genuine purchasers mostly in West London. Yet The Guardian has a monopoly on BBC recruitment adverts (many millions each year from licence fees) which subsidise it and drive the genuine purchases (looking at the jobs). Why will no MP and certainly not Jeremy Hunt Culture secretary challenge this?

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sucking at the public teat
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 pm 

You forget, they are also subsidised by ssshh..... Autotrader.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:08 pm 

The problem with this world of ours is that "miracles" are of a religious nature. But.... one can pray. who knows, the flood may hit London when parliament is in session.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm 

I think this could be the fault line, the weak link in the chain. MPs like Peter Bone, maybe Carswell, Redwood, or indeed any opportunist looking for a headline might ask a question in The House if they see a head of steam on blogs (and perchance TalkSport or Radio 5 and local radio phone-ins, or letters to local editors). If the question/quote is asked and picked up by any national newspaper or The Daily Politics THEN it finally might be that someone suggests a Judicial review of the BBC decision...or just surcharging the Trustees or DG of The BBC. National newspapers do not attack each other but then again if sharks smell blood, who knows ? But above all if blogs can get the BBC-Guardian scam known here and in The USA, then maybe just maybe the BBC-Guardian subsidy may be stopped. Then the global warming, non-elected quango, etc etc etc cheerleader may be stopped. The BBC news editors may have to read other papers or blogs such as this or even books such as 'Scared to Death' and 'Ministry of Defeat' and 'The Great Deception'.
There is a strategic opportunity here if blogs research, taunt, target and provoke The BBC and Guardian to address the inexcusable subsidy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 pm 

I wonder how the BBC's donation to the grauniad compares to the BBC's donation to its own writers and announcers? I was listening to the World Service in the early hours today - and had to switch off because the reports are so badly written - they're not even style over substance. Just bad style: and that stops the audience from understanding the substance. PDT_Armataz_01_35

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 pm 

...So I might add to my last comment:
Methinks dumbification of the public continues to be the game our masters play. The milk is sour - poisoned by the euSSR.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:11 am 

JohnM wrote:

And Racing Post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:44 am 

BBC online will now link more to other websites....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 am 

Robin wrote:
JohnM wrote:

And Racing Post.

And the EU…via the BBC…

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:13 am 

Quote:
Jonathan Stewart-Brown - "The Guardian sells only 250,000 copies a day (and falling). Take away the bulk buying by libraries, quangos, unions, universities, charities, and BBC and the real figure is 50,000 genuine purchasers mostly in West London. Yet The Guardian has a monopoly on BBC recruitment adverts (many millions each year from licence fees) which subsidise it and drive the genuine purchases (looking at the jobs). Why will no MP and certainly not Jeremy Hunt Culture secretary challenge this?"

Referring to the quote in the article, in the run up to the GE the Tories said they would cease all public service advertising in the Guardian - including the BBC, which is (of course), paid for by the taxpayer. Time to chalk up another lie on the ever growing list!

PDT_Armataz_01_19 PDT_Armataz_01_02 PDT_Armataz_01_27

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 pm 

Do read Cranmer on BBC new landlord.
Secret Saudi financial grip on BBC editorial content examined here.......
http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.com/ ... se-of.html
and
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... oon-richer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:31 am 

I notice apart from The Mail, the msm is blanking out Sissons on BBC being a propoganda vehicle for global warming

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 am 

Jonathan wrote:
I notice apart from The Mail, the msm is blanking out Sissons on BBC being a propoganda vehicle for global warming

Visiting Amazon to add Peter Sissons's book to my wish list, I found that one review has been posted. It's a one-star, spiteful, sneering demolition.

The book must be really good.

In the extracts I have read on The Daily Mail website, I have been impressed by the author's account of the organisational climate -- the managers, the meetings, the box-ticking, the buck-passing, the obsession with the irrelevant. Such nonsense is not confined to the BBC, for I saw plenty of it in the organisations in which I earned my living.

That's the sort of climate about which we should be concerned.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]