Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The hijack of the Met
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

By far the biggest story of recent days, writes Christopher Booker, has been the astonishing chaos inflicted, to a greater or lesser extent, on all of our lives by the fact that we are not only enjoying what is predicted to be the coldest December since records began in 1659, but also the harshest of three freezing winters in a row. We all know the disaster stories – thousands of motorists trapped for hours on paralysed motorways, days of misery at Heathrow, rail passengers marooned in unheated carriages for up to 17 hours.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The hijack of the Met
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:22 am 

Excellent. Thank you.

The harsh truth of all this is that human history is absolutely littered with such examples of denial from 'the sun is still going around the earth regardless what that Galileo chappie says' (and we can always burn him or blow him up or something to shut him up) to 'we can still deal with that little corporal by dialogue' even when the evidence is absolutely overwhelming...would someone please tell that half colonial to stop causing trouble, no-one is listening to him because they listen to the BBC, ............?

My best guess (peer reviewed by these pages one hopes) is that despite what appears to be now a trend in climate (so gird loins for 12 months time cos the slope is negative) there will continue to be such psychic repression extending into 'real-world' repression of dissent until such time as 1. The current cowd die off....so looking at another 20+ years there or 2. 'weather' events of such magnitude occur that climate 'mitigation' measures, in any event, become merely academic and we press on with survival ( CO2 increases included....er...).

I would like to think that analogies 1 and 2 above covers both Galileo and the little corporal.

Apologies if the above is bollocks, just woken up so please feel free to put the boot in as seen fit.

Merry humbug.

Bah.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:27 am 

Quoting Piers Corbyn:

"This winter is like the battle of Stalingrad in the 'Climate war'. It will be long and hard and the public will suffer until the failed pseudo-science of man-made climate change - which become like a religion - is defeated; and instead available proven solar-based advances in forecasting science are applied to reduce misery and save lives".

http://www.weatheraction.com/displayart ... ?a=286&c=5

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:29 am 

For independent events with two possible outcomes the probability is always 50% or 1/2. Thus, one could flip an infinite number of coins and, provided each side was identical in weight, aerodynamics, etc 1/2 of the tosses would be heads and the remainder tails. But, as Eric Morecambe said, not necessarily in the right order.
The probability of three successive outcomes, cold winters for example, isn't 50% but 12.5%. This is because the second and third winters are dependent on there being a first and second cold winter preceding. Here's the maths bit:

P (C three times) =
P(C) x P(C) x P(C) =
[P(C)]3 = 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2= 1/8 =12.5%.

P=Probability, C=Cold Winter, N= the number of events expressed as a power (in above example the cube of 0..5). Sorry can't do superscript.

So if we have a cold winter next year, the chance of four in a row will be 1/16 or 6.25% and someone with a bettter grasp of probability than me (B grade at O Level 30 odd years ago but enough to disuade me from betting on anything) should take over the Met Office and Department for Transport.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:42 am 

Ref the math,

One body under the patio may be considered manslaughter.

Two or more is serial murder UNTIL proven otherwise with rapid promotion through the ranks for the arresting constable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:00 am 

From the last paragraph -

Quote:
our power stations have been thrashed way beyond normal peak power demand,

To me this is very interesting. I would think over the coming months evidence of this will come to light. As any car owner knows it pays to keep on top of the maintenance and treat the thing with respect, 'one careful owner etc'.

Perhaps the warmists would like a long hot summer to help them get their message back on track. But what if we all went out and bought an air conditioning unit? It would be back to generating plant working at a higher capacity than ideal.

In time we will get generating plant break downs and see that it's not only snow that brings the UK to a stop. The last portable air-con unit I looked at was made in China, so help from the land of coal fired power stations, funny or what?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:02 am 

"(At one time it even changed its name to the Met Office "for Weather and Climate Change".)"

What do you mean, at one time? It still does, as I posted in the last week. Search Google for 'met office' or click on the link below.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&so ... met+office

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:36 am 

O/T I know....forgive.

I've just this second tried to submit this comment.......It won't get through the pre-mod I'm on....Think they're onto me...

'Apart from anything else surely a real case can be made for stricter control of the internet to mitigate extremely catastrophic anthropogenic climate change perceptions?.

Although I have no qualifications in the field of IT I feel, purely from my own usage, that a vast majority of the energy I use in simply 'surfing the web' is of absolutely no purpose whatsoever and adds to the CO2 burden.

I accept there is almost never a completely and to all sides acceptable measure but surely this has merit?.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... n-naughton

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:15 am 

Viewing the Neta figures, gas, coal, nuclear = 93%, wind at 0.9%, what a joke wind turbines are - just like Axis energy policy.

Does Huhne ever look at these figures?

Just linking Wind farms up to the grid is a massive undertaking but in the end, what for? They are totally useless in cold weather.

Build new coal (fired generation plant) and stuff the EU, in makes sense in China, wise old bastards that the Chinese are PDT_Armataz_02_11

Otherwise,(when are?) the lights are going to go out...............it'll be very soon, maybe even this winter.

And!

The Met office....God give me strength, Houghton, Pope, Napier and the rest, pygmy sh*t for brains.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:04 am 

Dr. N said: "It's no longer just a national joke: it is turning into a national catastrophe." Turning from the ridiculous to the sublime, then. Just as Chaucer saw it! [i.e. The more things change...]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:29 am 

A frequent call on this blog is 'When do we start to shoot them?' It will not be very long now. PDT_Armataz_01_42

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:38 am 

I posted on C. Booker's excellent column.

I see that Wind gave us 10,358 MW or 1.1% of the electricity used over the last 24 hours. Presently we are getting 566MW from an installed metered capacity of 2,430 MW, which means three quarters of those horrendously expensive machines are not earning their keep and Huhne wants to build another 10,000 monstrosities. Why do we have to put up with such a clot? BTW 25% of wind power capacity is about the best return, averaged over a year . Therefore, at any one time we would see 7,500 of the new wind generators standing still or what’s worse, consuming electricity, to prevent icing up!

My utter contempt is reserved for the squalid Cameron who gave Huhne a job so stratospherically above his pay grade, that it is laughable. This foul Cameron also subscribes and indeed promotes the CO2 scam in order to raise excruciating taxes for the benefit of his overlords in the EU. He has taken their 30 pieces of silver. He is such a lying weasel that he is worse even than the arch B’liar, whose administration enabled Brown to engage in such violent non consexual congress with our nation’s finances, for so many years.

Alexis de Tocqueville wrote that in a democracy, we get the government we deserve. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. The electorate have been asleep since scumbag Heath slimed us into Europe.
From then on, our birthright has been subsumed in the false premise that union was deemed necessary to prevent Germany & France going to war against one another again. Was that ever a price worth paying?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:45 am 

WUWT.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/12/25/t ... more-30216

"In 2008, billionaire T. Boone Pickens unveiled his ‘Pickens Plan’ on national TV, which calls for America to end its dependence on foreign oil by increasing use of wind power and natural gas. Over the next two years, he spent $80 million on TV commercials and $2 billion on General Electric wind turbines.

Unfortunately market forces were not favorable to Mr. Pickens, and in December 2010 he announced that he is getting out of the wind power business. What does he plan to do with his $2 billion worth of idle wind turbines? He is trying to sell them to Canada, because of Canadian law that mandates consumers to buy more renewable electricity regardless of cost.

On his website he says this about 2011-

We’re not going away. If I’ve learned anything during the many years of my business career it is this: No one has ever accomplished his or her goal by quitting or failing to meet and overcome a challenge. You reach your goal by hitching up your pants and wading back into the fight.

That’s what I’m going to do in 2011. And I know you’ll be with me."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:10 am 

PETER PRINCIPLE (management theory of incompetence )
COMERON PRINCIPLE ( political theory of ignorance )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:55 am 

Dont worry, as the country freezes and the cost of fuel goes through the roof, we've still got plenty of money to throw away...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12079663
UK gives £40m to UN disaster fund
The UK is to put £40m ($62m) into a UN fund set up to respond to natural disasters.
The money will fill two-thirds of the shortfall in the fund in a year when more than 260 million people in the world were hit by natural disasters.
International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell has also called for a more co-ordinated response to events.
Lord Ashdown will report in the new year on a separate review into the UK's response to natural disasters.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next