Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

... to all our friends and readers, and especially to those who found their way to the "donate" button through the year. I didn't realise we had so many fans working for "Big Oil" but, through their generosity, Mrs EUReferendum has kept the bath well-filled with coal. What's more, we've even had a few tripe butties and the odd crisp and salad cream teacake.

'Appen, today's official forecast is for fine weather, so she can tek a break from shovellin' t'snow off backyard. Once she's broken ice int' wash tub, and tekken in the washing, she'll 'ave plenty of time to polish the doormat and shampoo t'whippets. Then she can roast the squirrel fer Christmas dinner, fer when her old man gets back from pub. It's shaping up to be a reet grand day.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm 

Merry Christmas to you Dr North and all your family.
I also wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

May I also wish all our fellow contributors a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too.... PDT_Armataz_01_37

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:05 am 

Merry Christmas to all from down under in NZ. Keep warm in't snow and enjoy the roasted squirrels :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:07 am 

Ha! So the truth is out. Richard N. is a North Londoner just like me. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

"It is amazing the number of highly intelligent persons in the world who make no contribution at all to the well-being of their fellow men" - Lee Kuan Yew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:13 am 
Site Admin

Downhill PV wrote:
Ha! So the truth is out. Richard N. is a North Londoner just like me. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Masters of the Universe ... I never made a secret of it Guv.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:20 am 

Merry Christmas Richard.

Tis a bit warm where I am so have to put the air-con on a nice low temp setting. Please forgive me for contributing to you having to put your heating up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:38 am 

RAENORTH wrote:
... to all our friends and readers, and especially to those who found their way to the "donate" button through the year. I didn't realise we had so many fans working for "Big Oil" but, through their generosity, Mrs EUReferendum has kept the bath well-filled with coal. What's more, we've even had a few tripe butties and the odd crisp and salad cream teacake.

'Appen, today's official forecast is for fine weather, so she can tek a break from shovellin' t'snow off backyard. Once she's broken ice int' wash tub, and tekken in the washing, she'll 'ave plenty of time to polish the doormat and shampoo t'whippets. Then she can roast the squirrel fer Christmas dinner, fer when her old man gets back from pub. It's shaping up to be a reet grand day.

View full article here

Tee-hee! Eeeeh by agw, I love it! (Sounds better than "Eeeeeh by gum!" More modern, like, ya knaa wot Aa meen?) Me brutha married a Yorkshire lass and they really do still have a coal fire. Muck, brass, etc.

Anyhoo, from somebody from North of the Tyne I repeat my good wishes of yesterday and hope there are indeed better times ahead for voices like yours.

May your shadow grow longer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:39 am 
Site Admin

thejones wrote:
Merry Christmas Richard.

Tis a bit warm where I am so have to put the air-con on a nice low temp setting. Please forgive me for contributing to you having to put your heating up.

Yeah, well it's not helped by Mrs EUReferendum filling the bath with coal either. I really don't know why she does it. We've got gas central heating!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:41 am 

Nice bird.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:38 am 

Wrong side of the Wash?

I'll have to take exception to that lad! :lol:

Nice Robin, I miss the bird song, too bloody cold for the little bu**ers at mo', that was the strange thing when we had global warming, hearing the blackbirds singing spring mating calls in December.
The frost is sharp, I have (in some ways missed the cold - though not all the time) been watching the sunsets, they have been and are spectacular, could be the particulates in the atmosphere from volcanic activity around the globe, all adds to cooling but sunsets are a compensation. Winter makes you appreciate spring, I'll be up at the crack tomorrow, to enjoy the silence and the frost before off to give thanks.

Merry Christmas, Dr North and to one and all on this blog. PDT_Armataz_01_34

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:08 am 

Quote:
Yeah, well it's not helped by Mrs EUReferendum filling the bath with coal either. I really don't know why she does it. We've got gas central heating!
lol....Brill... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:12 am 

Jaguar Driver wrote:
Merry Christmas to you Dr North and all your family.
I also wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

May I also wish all our fellow contributors a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too.... PDT_Armataz_01_37

Ditto

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:44 am 

Squirrel for Christmas?

Eh, luxory lad. We got a good boot-licking and are thankful for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:51 am 

Is the purposse of this post to contrapoise the poor liddle birdie, confused by the messages of "Come North, Liddle Birdie, it is warner now" with North's laughter of Northern Warming?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:05 am 

And a Merry Christmas from Florida, which is a bit "less than sunny" this weekend! We're catching the edge of the cold front that is hitting Georgia this weekend, which means that we'll have some of that, "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes" crap. Yesterday, the temp was in the high 70s F, today it was in the low 40s. Tomorrow? We'll see. PDT_Armataz_01_05

LOVE the bird photo! Who is Emma? Great photography! PDT_Armataz_01_36 PDT_Armataz_01_37

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next