Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Entirely in character
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 am 
Site Admin

In a sort of extended "let them eat cake" moment, the Daily Mail has slime Huhne ready to live it up at the taxpayers' expense, set to enjoy the facilities of the £240-a-night Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun for the United Nations summit. Further, it is not just his carcase we will be funding, but the whole delegation of 45 British officials who will have a choice of 14 buffet and a la carte restaurants and 12 bars. They can even strengthen the Coalition over a round of golf on a course designed by Jack Nicklaus, says The Mail.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Entirely in character
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:55 pm 

Do we know how many EU Officials are going that, of course, we are also funding? From europa.eu "the latest attempt to find a legally binding deal that could limit greenhouse has [sic] emissions. A group of MEPs led by the chair of the Committee Jo Leinen (S&D) will be in Cancun to press for this."

or

From EU side events in Cancun "This programme gives details of the more than 40 side events being organised by the 27 Member States and the institutions of the EU during the Cancún conference. The events will be held in the EU Pavilion at CancúnMesse."

Including sideshows such as

"A CDM fit for the future –why is CDM reform needed and how can developing countries benefit?
Organiser: Department for International Development, United Kingdom
A selection of speakers will share their views on the evolution of the Clean Development Mechanism and greater use of standardised approaches. The event will look in particular at how these reforms could help increase low-income countries’ access to the CDM."
Also all at the taxpayer's expense

Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action " ... for the long term we have set ourselves the goal of cutting our emissions, together with other industrialised countries, to 80-95% below 1990 levels by 2050. I remain convinced that Cancun can deliver an ambitious outcome. The climate needs it. The EU is prepared. I hope others are too."

Buy a wood near you now - You are going to need it soon to grow your own food and keep yourself warm!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:44 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
In a sort of extended "let them eat cake" moment, the Daily Mail has slime Huhne ready to live it up at the taxpayers' expense, set to enjoy the facilities of the £240-a-night Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun for the United Nations summit. Further, it is not just his carcase we will be funding, but the whole delegation of 45 British officials who will have a choice of 14 buffet and a la carte restaurants and 12 bars. They can even strengthen the Coalition over a round of golf on a course designed by Jack Nicklaus, says The Mail...

...The old joke about rising up and slaughtering them, therefore, is losing its appeal ...

View full article here

You've done it now, Northy. You've identified your mission statement as a joke (I know you retracted in the very next clause, but too late -- the polecat's out of the bag now). This puts you in the same category as the fellow suggesting blowing up an airport, or the one who asked for Jasmine Alibhai-Brown to be stoned, or -- the latest casualty of joke fascism -- that Scottish football ref who circulated a photograph which could have been interpreted as a mild criticism of the Pope. The joke police are hurtling towards your cave even now, with whistles in mouths, tasers at the ready and handcuffs aloft. Mind you, it could be worse: you could live in the West Midlands.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:52 pm 
gregb wrote:
Buy a wood near you now - You are going to need it soon to grow your own food and keep yourself warm!

As soon as you mentioned "wood" it wasn't food that shot to my mind. My first thought, oddly enough, was the Katyn forest.

My second thought was the Katyn forest, and my third....

But I don't want to have to go all the way to Poland to do what I have in mind. The New Forest would do very nicely.

But then why pollute our green and pleasant land with the scum's rotting viscera. London's an alien shit hole now so let's keep all the filth there why we deal with it.

Everyone: Meanwhile, make an appointment to see your MP. Carry a concealed axe. Use it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:35 pm 

Tears of sympathy are seeping from my lacrimal ducts, dropping to join the beer, coffee stains & stale biscuit crumbs embedded in my keyboard,as I write this...'Oh the humanity' I think is the expression.
Does no-one have any feeling for poor Mr. Huhne & those many, many, many others who are being torn away from their families (unless accompanying) & loved ones (they are probably accompanying) in their desperate effort tho save the World & feather their soiled golden nests.
The sheer horror of being forced to spend time in some remote tropical hell-hole & incarcerated in some of the most infamous hôtels on the planet should make even strong men blanch with fear.....the harsh repetetive regimen of a hedonistic diet & the terrifying 'waterboarding' experience of the fearsome Jacuzzis.
Additional to these inhumane indignities they may even have to endure a round or two of golf with fellow cons....and may even have to make, or listen to, speeches which they know consist mostly of lies, a final cruelty capable of breaking the hardest of men.
Remember then, they are doing this for us....their pain should, in a just World, be ours too

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:59 pm 

........"Ere!...........err.... listen!"
"Yer know, it's a tough job saving the world and I'm the man to do it"..............

No doubt, at some point in the proceedings, Huhne (or someone) will stand up and rant about people, vilifying them for having the temerity, to want to fly off to remote, usually far flung destinations in an effort, to ENJOY themselves! PDT_Armataz_02_28

Today Milipeed, is spouting about, putting AGW at the 'core' of New Nu-lav policies.............ERRRR WTF?

Bonkers, effin Bonkers, the lot of 'em. PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm 

Surely, in older days, anyone suggesting like Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action has, that our emissions must be cut by 95% below 1990 levels by 2050, would be committed. Today they are given the bag of gold prize of an EU Commissioner post.

What does a cut of 95% mean? Stop all activity and breath slowly for the rest of your short life? There must be a new word for this as stupidity just doesn't cut it anymore. eudiocy, euidity, euinsanity maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:22 pm 

Why not swap Gitmo and Cancun? Put the real terrorists away!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:40 pm 

Quote:
by SandyRham » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Why not swap Gitmo and Cancun? Put the real terrorists away!

Now why didn't I.....er..I mean John Archer....think of that :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:01 pm 

Has anyone else noticed that Huhne has a look of permanent surprise?

Scary to think that this idiot is sent to negotiate anything, for anybody, anywhere, leave alone represent the UK.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 pm 

At least Marie Antoinette was hypothetically offering cake to the masse - with Huhne it is cake for himself while the masses have to choose between bread and heating, courtesy of his climate change idiocy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 pm 

Whilst we freeze that sh*****d is sunning his bloody self in Cancun, what a lazy, moronic ba****d he is, the thieving, corrupt bastard, or am i repeating myself. He should be in gaol for the rest of his natural for fraud and manslaughter of the elderly by stupidity.
Glad I got that of my chest, it is nearly time for my weekly tot of Scots fluid, bargain price stuff, I hasten to add. Why is ConHome still praising these conmen? I only ask! PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:28 pm 

Derek W Buxton wrote:
Why is ConHome still praising these conmen? I only ask! PDT_Armataz_01_19

They are their tribal leaders. It may well be that they approve of increasingly less that their tribal leaders do, and a growing number think that their particular tribal leader has gone a bit overboard with the alliance to the extent that they wonder if he is of the pure blood, but he is their tribal leader and he is in charge (sort of). They'd far rather have a their compromised tribal leader in charge than the notionally red tribe ruling the roost.

Formally merging the turquoise section of the blue tribe with the orange tribe and hoping that the ever faithful followers of the blue and orange tribes will still go along with their tribal loyalties, because at least that way something approximating to their tribe is still in charge, must be an increasingly tempting way to deal with the growing members of the blue tribe in particular who don't like the way things are going.

Do you want to be part of a successful tribe even if you don't like everything it does, or do you want to form your own tribe, which will probably be a minor tribe because most members of the blue tribe realise the value of tribal loyalty, or do you want to go off and join an established minor tribe (amounts to the same thing) and in each case, see the red tribe in charge? If you want to be part of a successful tribe, shut up and put up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:05 pm 

The Mail article almost reads like a piece from the Daily Mash.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next