Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Severe climate warning
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:38 am 
Site Admin

The whole concept would be a joke, if it wasn't for the fact that it had rich and powerful backers – like the WWF - with their hands out for even more of our money. As it is though, one can tell simply from the increasingly strident nature of the "warnings" that there is a climate summit coming up, and the money-grabbers are making their pitch.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Severe climate warning
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 am 

Up here in Aberdeen it's dinging it down outside my office window. Not looking forward to the drive home tonight. Maybe I'll pop out to the car park 20 minutes beforehand and leave the engine running to heat the old girl up. I've always wanted a 'remote start' button on my key fob so that when i get up in the morning I can push a button so when I get in the car it's nice and toasty with clear windows. I'm sure it's technically a piece of cake to do it but no doubt the green lobby would never let a small thing like safety or human comfort get in the way of saving the world.

Thank goodness climate isn't weather, otherwise I'd be questioning the validity of all the extra green taxes the government have lined up for us.

Going to be a long winter for us commuters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:55 am 

Rainfall Radar

Hour or two till Bradford

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
Rainfall Radar

Hour or two till Bradford

Clear skies and sun here ... but bluddy cold.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:21 pm 

Another bunch of Climate Scarers squealing:

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2010/11/2 ... unding.htm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 pm 

Started snowing in Hamburg Germany yesterday afternoon, temp around zero C, not sticking
YET !!!
My wife is at present in Kiev Ukraine, 15C sun, no clouds, this can't be weather, it ain't normal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:23 pm 

The warmistas are nothing if not persistent...and small wonder with all that extorted cash at stake & the reluctant goose still laying. It has to be recognised, too, that these lying, thieving bastards have the support of most of our equally mendacious & peculating gumments; a truly incestuous relationship.
Despite the small victories, our own road remains hard & long....and requires a large stock of endurance. We require far more cohesion & co-operation among like-minded sceptics & no opportunty should be lost in repeatedly publishing the corruption & mendacious 'science' of our opponents...attack, attack, attack....& that greatest of all weapons: Ridicule.
We have a long way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 pm 

permanentexpat wrote:
Despite the small victories, our own road remains hard & long....and requires a large stock of endurance. We require far more cohesion & co-operation among like-minded sceptics & no opportunty should be lost in repeatedly publishing the corruption & mendacious 'science' of our opponents...attack, attack, attack....& that greatest of all weapons: Ridicule.

What frustrates me the most is knowing that once we finally climb this mountain, all of those people who continually abused and pilloried us in the past would simply claim that 'they always had their doubts' as if they had done nothing wrong. We'll see rapid rewritings of history and personal actions on their part.

Personally, when we reach that point, I'll be in no mood to be magnanimous.

Until shade is gone, until water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the Last Breath. To spit in Oblivion's eye on the Last Day. Until all bonds are broken. Until the last embrace of the Mother welcomes me home.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:55 pm 

permanentexpat wrote:
no opportunty should be lost in repeatedly publishing the corruption & mendacious 'science' of our opponents...attack, attack, attack....& that greatest of all weapons: Ridicule.

Speaking of which, another fantastic case of outright deception uncovered today.

Until shade is gone, until water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the Last Breath. To spit in Oblivion's eye on the Last Day. Until all bonds are broken. Until the last embrace of the Mother welcomes me home.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm 

This is an amusing commnt from the DM:

This is the results of our ignorance on climate change. This isn't 'freak' weather - this is the new normal. GET USED TO IT.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z16EBmDSPb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 pm 

Norman said:-
Quote:
I've always wanted a 'remote start' button on my key fob so that when i get up in the morning I can push a button so when I get in the car it's nice and toasty with clear windows. I'm sure it's technically a piece of cake to do it but no doubt the green lobby would never let a small thing like safety or human comfort get in the way of saving the world.

But you can.. a electrician friend of mine, a blond babe too... altered the anti theft device on her Jaguar XJ-S so she could show orff by pressing the tab on her key fob from 50 feet away and see people turn to look at a car stating all by itself. (A V12 Jag engine does make quite an impressive noise in the instant of ignition.) Especially good when there was a cluster of schoolies or paper boys & girls clustered near the car. PDT_Armataz_01_22

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 pm 

First snow of the winter falls on North York Moors
Quote:
THE first snow of the winter has fallen on the North York Moors, causing dangerous driving conditions for motorists crossing from Pickering to Whitby.

As these pictures show, drivers faced particular difficulties on the A169 around the Hole of Horcum and Saltersgate, with some skidding off the road.

Weathermen are predicting sleet and snow showers will spread across North Yorkshire tonight and tomorrow on bitterly cold northerly winds, affecting York in the morning, with the prospect of more snow over the next few days

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:19 pm 

I used to enter 'UK weather' into Google and get a list of sites. A couple of the Met Office ones were for UK weather and climate change. The weather forecast page would have a side ad saying how climate change was really happening despite what anyone said and how terrible it would be.

For the last couple of weeks, there's been no mention of climate change in the Google list. It seems to have been de-emphasised. I suppose it will be back in the spring when the climate warms up again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:12 am 

norman wrote:
Maybe I'll pop out to the car park 20 minutes beforehand and leave the engine running to heat the old girl up. I've always wanted a 'remote start' button on my key fob so that when i get up in the morning I can push a button so when I get in the car it's nice and toasty with clear windows. I'm sure it's technically a piece of cake to do it but no doubt the green lobby would never let a small thing like safety or human comfort get in the way of saving the world.

Ooooooh! I'm sure that's illegal nowadays. Please wait while I check with my green counsellor.

norman wrote:
Going to be a long winter for us commuters.

Just think of us poor old pensioners freezing at home paying all them subsidies to rich greenies with windmills and solar thingys. (I haven't even got central heating! No joke!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:48 am 

I am very disappointed about this severe climate warning and feel I should be able to claim "disappointment" money from someone*. I live in the Scottish Borders and when I phoned my sister in the NE of England today to tell her how cold it felt she said they had snow down there! Well we never got any snow and I had stocked up from Tescos with umpteen bottles of spirits @ 2 for twenty quid and now feel it was all wasted. It seems I have been drinking without cause and perhaps a green counsellor may knock on my door tomorrow to enquire about my alcohol consumption. There are government limits, you know!

*Re that "disappointment" money, I kid you not. My first job after leaving school (1960) was in a shipping office and one of my duties was dealing with the accounts of the trimmers and teemers, the men who loaded coal onto the ships. If they were called out for a shift to load coal for a ship due in port and then the ship never arrived because of bad weather etc., then they were paid "disappointment" money and it was stated as such on the accounts slips. It was a very antiquated system. One of the men from the gang of trimmers/teemers would present himself at our office with the set of figures he had for the hundreds or maybe thousands of tons of coal they had loaded onto a ship. This would have to be agreed with our figures which we had that morning obtained from the NCB loading office. The workmen involved always seemed to be carrying a few tons of coal dust about their person. Because of their filthy condition they were never allowed past the outer counter barrier in the office. In fact, only ships' Masters, Trinity House Pilots and such officials as H.M. Immigration Officer and perhaps the occassional Harbour Commissioner were ever allowed through that portal.

After agreeing the final tonnage loaded we would both set to with "ready reckoners"[1] and work out how much money they were due for having loaded that cargo. IIRC it was all done with percentages, so many tons @ this rate, so many tons @ that, and so on. Eventually we agreed a final bill and he presented this to me. A day or so later I had to go down to our local Barclay's Bank, withdraw a wad of cash, then take same wad of cash around to the local Dock Labour Board Office and pay the bill!

It all sounds very much like Victorian times but it was only 50 years ago!
Then there were Her Majesty's Customs and Excise, Waterguard Branch, including the infamous "Black Gang" ... but that's another tale ...

[1] Who else on here has used them "Ready Reckoner" books?

Will ye hae another Bells afore ye go?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next