Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: This is not good
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 am 
Site Admin

There are many things we could do without in this world, and another Korean War is one of them.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: This is not good
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:51 pm 

Going to be interesting watching what the two big players in the last contretemps do now.

I defer to others who actually know about this (as I really don't) but I wonder if Formosa will play any part in discussions should things continue to get more heated? A 'peace in our time' with Obama doing to the Taiwanese what we did to the Czechs in return for Chinese promises to keep the North on a tight leash.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:32 pm 

Wonder if Cameron, will 'phone the Obomination and offer to send what we have left of our armed forces to win hearts & minds. Or maybe the EU will deploy the EU army to tell them off.

Seriously though would Cameron, get this country involved if it all went off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

rosie wrote:
Wonder if Cameron, will 'phone the Obomination and offer to send what we have left of our armed forces to win hearts & minds. Or maybe the EU will deploy the EU army to tell them off.

Seriously though would Cameron, get this country involved if it all went off.

I know ... we could send an aircraft carrier!

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:34 pm 

Quote:
I know ... we could send an aircraft carrier!

The Charles de Gaulle ??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:37 pm 

Just saw a rowing boat with 3 Admirals on board, leaving Portsmouth harbour........one had a map of NK in his hand.

Re The Charles de Gaulle ??

Don't be silly......Both propellers fell off, as soon as the 1st shell landed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm 

Strictly speaking, would this not be a continuation of the same war, replacing an armistice with a kind of armistice with gunfire? And wouldn't that mean as a UN member we are already in it?

This is surely the time to test the old theory of dropping consumer goods and food on the enemy. The people of NK are too pitiful to bomb. Maybe they'd like ipods? Though they'd need a lot of batteries, because you can't recharge from the mains.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:04 pm 

The torpedo attack on the warship and now this attack on Yeonpyeong island looks like a calculated escalation. Perhaps the North Korea government believe civil disorder and collapse of US government is imminent and that a window of opportunity will open up in which they could mount a land invasion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 pm 

There was no 'torpedo attack': the vessel ran aground and hit a mine. Check the propellor. What is of greater concern is why this is being stirred-up now? It isn't NK or even China which see a 'window of opportunity' but more probably the US which is looking for an opportunity to pistol-whip China and force it to render its currency tradeable (for Goldman, JP Morgan etc to speculate against) or even for the US to repudiate its debts if China becomes embroiled as a combatant against the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDITkTED ... r_embedded

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 pm 

This will be the heir apparent making his mark on the country won't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 pm 

Wasn't there photographic evidence of the torpedo? I'm not buying the complicated conspiracy when there are more logical, simple explanations.

Rethinking the whole worrying situation I can't imagine the North Koreans would actually invade. If I was in the NK army as soon as I crossed the border I'd defect as soon as I could and fight for the other side. Surely that is the most logical, winning strategy for your platoon. The culture shock would be enough for SK to defeat NK aggression. Maybe the drama is for domestic consumption, to generate a siege mentality to get the people behind the leadership change.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 pm 

I cannot even begin to understand the mindset which believes that by lobbing shells on innocent South Korean citizens somehow makes sense, but one thing's for damn sure, I wouldn't want to fight the South Korean Army. Them are tough, tough bastards, God bless 'em.

And for those of you not old enough to remember the Cold War, this stuff in Korea is nothing by comparison. Remember that when "Iron Clad" Dave has the luxury of driveling on endlessly about the mind-numbing pursuit of"social justice"...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:15 am 

"Wasn't there photographic evidence of the torpedo? I'm not buying the complicated conspiracy when there are more logical, simple explanations."

That's right - there wasn't. The 'official' explanation is the conspiracy. When the sunken boat was recovered, the Russian Navy conducted an examination which 'prefuted' the subsequent so-called explanation. Watch the attached video: it's quite persuasive. And if you are persuaded, then the question as to what is really happening must come to mind.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:00 am 

Watched the video. If the most simple explanation is NK didn't torpedo the ship that doesn't prove a wider conspiracy than SK simply preferred to blame NK, for whatever reasons, than admit to what really happened (which may have been an accident). Those reasons could be SK wanting US tactical nuclear defence.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:26 am 

twl - possible, but if you're the paranoid leader of NK and you've been blamed for something not of your doing, then it doesn't make you co-operative - and that could be intentional.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next