Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Only doing her job
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 am 
Site Admin

With Louise Gray doing her usual job as a conduit for WWF press releases in The Daily Telegraph, there are two changes. Firstly, there is a thumbnail picture of the woman. Secondly, the comments are open. I have appended a few appropriate questions. It will be interesting to see how long the freedom-loving Telegraph lets them stand. After all, we cannot allow anything to get between Louise and her beloved WWF, for whom she so obviously works.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Only doing her job
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 am 
Site Admin

TheBoilingFrog wrote:
The comments are open but pre-moderated unlike other sections of the paper. What are they scared of? The truth?

Three up ... all hostile. But then, most of Lean's comments are hostile, but that doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the newspaper - it is as bad as government for "listening".

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 pm 

'...all this dismal little tart can witter on about is climate change targets...'

That's an insult to tarts the world over.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm 

Richard said:

Quote:
You have probably broken the cardinal rule ... you must never criticise the wonderful writer .... the Telegraph cannot allow this ... except Booker, of course.

Yes, doubtless, you are correct Richard, the stick Mr. Booker receives is quite atrocious.

However Mr. Booker (rather like yourself methinks!) is a character of made of sterner stuff and is (will be) most satisfied, heartened even, in the knowledge that; in his is estimable writings, he speaks the truth and that is why he is shot at, people hate the truth most of all, tell 'em aught but the painful truth.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:10 pm 

I gave up the Daily Telegraph some time ago - largely because of its relentless dumbing down (of which, I suppose, the Gray woman is a part)
The Express is getting quite soundly Eurosceptic these days and my wife insists that their crossword puzzles are superior.
I still usually buy the Sunday Telegraph which has a spoonful of Booker to help the medicine go down and that is enough Telegraph to last me all week.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 pm 

When I got my first job in journalism, the newsroom was full of irritable drunks, some of whom could hardly spell (that is what sub-editors are for), but who were superb at uncovering humbug and skullduggery among the good and great.

They were an eclectic crowd with a wide range of views -- to the level that our Irish journalist (very left-wing) would occasionally end up fighting a journo of Hungarian extraction (rabidly anti-Communist). Their stories were always lively and full of bile against their targets.

Nowadays, of course, journalists go to university to study journalism (about as useful as studying faeces) and come off an undergraduate conveyor belt reeking of ethics, blandness, inclusiveness, mediocrity, lack of critical faculties. apathy, lack of imagination.

Given the above list, I assume that Gray has a degree in journalism.

She sure has a drippy profile.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:16 pm 

Why do they employ rubbish like Lean and Riddell? As the twins sit in their Channel Island castle stroking their white cats, how does paying good money to morons like these aid their plans of world domination?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:40 pm 

Mz Gray is now on fire: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/8152624/QandA-Cancun-climate-change-conference-2010.html

Quote:
The sceptics will also be at the conference arguing that climate change does not exist and even if it does it is natural phenomenon. However an argument that is likely to be taken more seriously, is that the UN process is not the right way to tackle climate change.

And:

The intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), that advises the UN on global warming, has concluded that greenhouse gases are warming the planet and it is most likely to be caused by mankind. Although the body has faced criticism over the past year following a series of scandals, independent scientific panels have cleared it of any wrongdoing. It is generally agreed that if greenhouse emissions continue to rise, global warming will continue. The temperature rise agreed to be the 'danger point' is 2C (3.8F).

Colour highlighted. a few choice quotes (who writes this bilge....realclimate or Moanbot?) What planet is this Lady on? It is, not in this Galaxy, that is for sure.

Objectivity: is her name.
Omniscience: is her trade.

No comments section.......??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm 

Dear Louise is prolific today, posting from the Moanbot's chronicles of: "Am I still in Narnialalaland."

Here

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:28 am 

Hey WWF, WW effoff.

No one voted for you; you do not speak for the people; you speak for the rich sentimentalists (Charlie boy? El Duche? Kerry? Kennedy? President of Greenpeace?)

Wanking Wobegon F*ckers, why do you think you should control all activity on the planet? Because, let's face it, this is what you want to do - WWF!

Sod off swampiwes. You occupy no moral high ground. You are just a bunch of green-shirt fascists, in league with every other modern day fascist movement. I\ll leave THEIR names for you to discern.
PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]