Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Winter Weather Awareness Week
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

In an almost perfect parody of themselves, the warmists are seriously telling us that colder winters could be a sign of global warming. This is just as well because the Scots are being warned that this winter could be worse than last year's record-breaking cold snap.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Winter Weather Awareness Week
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:34 pm 

Remember that 'Weather is NOT climate', unless you want to use the Pakistan floods, Southern hemisphere cold winter, Cumbrian floods or any other event that suits the Warmists' argument. In that case it's Climate Disruption due to man made CO2.

There seems to be an endless procession of 'scientists' still willing to trot out this sort of crap despite of public derision. While our masters in Brussels continue to squander Billions on meaningless climate science, we'll continue to have to put up with this nonsense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:45 pm 

Anecdotal evidence, the portents are not good.

A very good late season for the berry bearing shrubs has been a bonanza for our avian friends, birds seem to sense the cold coming before us, must be their computer modellers! PDT_Armataz_01_34
The arrival of waxwings and other species of central European birds, is more often than not a harbinger of a very hard Winter.
Nature, senses it: a harsh Winter season.
It's gonna be a bad one, I am changing my mind, Joe Bastardi predicted some cold weather though not as bad as last year..... but the signs are not good, November is cool, October we had snow the Atlantic is stemming the flow of westerlies, via the jet stream and the birds think so too see http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... riday.html here and see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weath ... e-way.html here, prepare for a cold un.
Cos you wont get any help see http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... snows.html here............ bless 'em, too many global warming officers and not enough snow shifters - it's the Cuts!!
Enough links sorry Richard!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:20 pm 

Could climate scientists be the new reality TV show stars? I've never really watched the X-factor (honest!) but I read a novel about the subject by Ben Elton (I know, but it was actually quite good) and in it part of the reason for chooksing the contestants was choosing people who thought they could sing like Frank Sinatra but were worse than a strangled cat and then the audience can have a good laugh at their delusion.

Maybe this is all a giant prank by the government and MSM? Set these people up to make them believe they have the future of the world in their hands, that their scientific knowledge and grasp makes Newton appear a dunce, then we all secretly snigger and snicker behind our hands as, in all seriousness, they get up on stage and talk absolute bollocks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:38 pm 

Quote:
Maybe this is all a giant prank by the government and MSM? Set these people up to make them believe they have the future of the world in their hands, that their scientific knowledge and grasp makes Newton appear a dunce, then we all secretly snigger and snicker behind our hands as, in all seriousness, they get up on stage and talk absolute bollocks.

That set up my post very nicely, cheers (I'm about to forecast). PDT_Armataz_01_14

Joe Bastardi's latest forecast is for a cold start but then a "warm up" over Britain and Scandinavia with the severe cold in Central and Southern Europe. That suggests to me for a lot of the winter we'll have an anti-cyclonic Euro high sat over UK bringing mild air to the north of Europe and grey clouds here with the bitter cold going south and east of us, to Greece, Italy, Germany, Balkans and France.

In the image below I'm extrapolating on the basis of the model not illustrating what JB said, although I'm not sure by what other mechanism the outcome shown can be achieved.

Edit: I suppose it might depend which direction the high comes from - if it's a Scandinavian high diving SW they'll be more chance of snow for southern England than if it's an Azores high going NE.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 am 

There was a letter in the Daily Mail last week from a reader who said his bees have waxed themselves as tight as possible into their hives. He said last year they did so more than any year previously and this year they have waxed even more and earlier than last year. He said we are in for a hell of a winter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:17 am 

IPPC Official: Climate Policy is Redistributing The World's Wealth.

A taster:

You say that for successful climate policy a high degree of international cooperation is necessary. However this cooperation is not present.

I share the scepticism. But do we have an alternative? Currently, there are three ideas how to avoid the difficult cooperation: We try unsafe experiments such as geo-engineering, focus on the development of clean and safe energy, or one trusts in regional and local solutions. However, there is no indication that any of these ideas solves the problem. We must want the cooperation, just as you work together for the regulation of financial markets.

But unlike the financial crisis, in climate policy a country benefits if it does not join in.

The financial crisis was an emergency operation - in the face of danger we behave more cooperatively. Such a thing will not happen in climate policy, because it will always remain questionable whether a specific event like a flood is a climate phenomenon. But there is always the risk that individual rationality leads to collective stupidity. Therefore, one cannot solve the climate problem alone, but it has to be linked to other problems. There must be penalties and incentives: global CO 2-tariffs and technology transfer.

http://thegwpf.org/ipcc-news/1877-ipcc- ... ealth.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:53 am 

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 6265059001

Super

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:10 am 
Soames's father was prime euroslime - as Our Man In Paris he was the europhile hinge between Pompidou and Heath when Britain was "negotiating entry" (being given away) to the EEC - and so is his MP brother. Unless he is not also euroslime, his fine words on the idiocy of renewables are contradicted by love for the EU, which mandates such schemes.

-------

"Europe On €387m A Day"
http://www.tinyurl.com/europeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:06 pm 

Shub Niggurath wrote:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid640957304001?bctid=676265059001

Super

It's a shame that nobody is listening. Do we really think that the chumps in the Scottish Parliament would listen to that, think he was right and change policy? These twats are committed to a policy which will deliver fuel poverty, a shocking waste of money and such gaps in the amount of energy generated that we will be dependent upon foreign power supplies charged at top rates.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:18 pm 

H/T Steve Goddard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:05 am 

The alarmists really can't help giving us a plentiful supply of ammunition:

At WUWT - http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/11/19/l ... -agw-game/

In an interview with The Times, Lord Stern of Brentford said that nations that were taking strong action on emissions could start imposing restrictions on “dirty” US exports by 2020.
It's a good job we'll have all those nice clean Chinese and Indian goods to import!

You'd think that after his 'report' he'd have learned to keep his gob shut.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:53 am 

jembob wrote:
Shub Niggurath wrote:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid640957304001?bctid=676265059001

Super

It's a shame that nobody is listening. Do we really think that the chumps in the Scottish Parliament would listen to that, think he was right and change policy? These twats are committed to a policy which will deliver fuel poverty, a shocking waste of money and such gaps in the amount of energy generated that we will be dependent upon foreign power supplies charged at top rates.

I've often found myself wondering if the enviro-whackos were being paid off by OPEC, for the specific goal of ruining the Western oil and coal production abilities so everyone would have to buy from OPEC.

I used to use that as a joke, poking back at people who claimed that this was all Big Oil (meaning Exxon, BP, etc, not OPEC) trying to destroy the planet, and laughing at my personal paranoid streak in the process, but now I'm not so sure. That OPEC may be driving this crap is starting to look like a sure thing.

I would LOVE to see someone with the ability to do so track down the donations to various enviro-whacko activist organizations and see where their money is coming from, and how many "companies" are actually only front companies for OPEC.

When are these idiots going to figure out that a COLD winter is much more dangerous than a warm one?

~~"Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no 'but'."~~

Jyllands-Posten, 2/10/06

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:13 pm 

Lord Stern does so much damage to the AGW cause every time he makes a pronouncement that I can only conclude he is the most successful mole that skeptics have yet managed to plant in the AGW camp -- perhaps he is Christopher Monckton in disguise. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Rick Bradford wrote:
Lord Stern does so much damage to the AGW cause every time he makes a pronouncement that I can only conclude he is the most successful mole that skeptics have yet managed to plant in the AGW camp -- perhaps he is Christopher Monckton in disguise. :)

I thought Monckton was Monckton in disguise. No one could be like him for real!

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next