Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Spectacular stupidity
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

David Cameron, according to the Press Association, has claimed a "spectacular success" in pegging the EU budget rise next year to just 2.9 percent. But he hasn't - and there is every possibility that it will end up rising by the six percent or so endorsed by the EU parliament. To caim "victory" at this stage is like a football manager calling for his team at half time, when he is a striker short, has no goalkeeper and the referee is working for the opposition.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Spectacular stupidity
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 pm 

I think Martin Schulz is actually the kind of guy that wants to deliver a 6% increase, just to annoy David and his gang.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:22 pm 

Hmmmm ... I think the measure of Cameron will be how he behaves when they try to leg him over ... should see in a few weeks ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

HarryR wrote:
Hmmmm ... I think the measure of Cameron will be how he behaves when they try to leg him over ... should see in a few weeks ...

That may depend to an extent on how it is reported.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:03 am 

Who are Cameron's advisers on the EU? would it be FCO people or Conservative party people?

I'm trying to understand the logic of Cameron's hyperbole, he must know, that we know that he is talking rubbish...

Which means:
a) He is trying to engineer some sort of fight with the right of the party
b) He has a political IQ of <1
c) He thinks we are stupid
d) He knows we can do nothing about it

What gives?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:06 am 

Quote:
Effectively, he has climbed out on the most exposed limb he can find and now seems to be offering invitations to anyone who wants to saw it off.

Damn right, and there's going to be a very long queue of volunteers for that role. ALL the left-wing Tory-haters in this country are going to be clambering over themselves to point out what a plonker he is, both ideologically and practically, while a huge pack of right-wing "swivel-eyed" Euro-sceptics throw bricks his way. That oh-so-valuable centre ground is going to look more like a kill-zone than a defensive location soon.
PDT_Armataz_01_40

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:11 am 

It's getting to the point where we have too many cooks. One day it will become abundantly clear our Prime Minister is powerless. The phrase "British interests" destroys any argument for the EU. That phrase is still being used.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:50 am 

I'd love to see iDave plumbing new depths - of unemployment! His unemployment that is, not ours.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:14 am 

What does £450 million buy these days

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2010/10/a ... r-success/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:29 am 

He really is making a hash of things. Not that that was difficult to predict. In wavering between one position and another he's ended up pleasing no one and antagonising both left and right.

Every time he 'acts' - on just about any matter - he makes a meal of it. That supposedly sensible reporters have called him a natural PM boggles the mind.

At least he's showing his true colours for all to see now. In the words of an actual natural PM 'a sheep in sheep's clothing'

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 am 

Oh heck, as the global warmists would say, it truly is (even) worse than we thought. Cameron is doing an Obama - he now thinks he is God and anything he says will happen! Did the pack of journalists fall about laughing when he referred to this 'spectacular success', I wonder?

Of course, if he had balls and cared for the UK, he could actually freeze our contributions - all he has to do is stand up and say 'Can't pay, won't pay': it has worked in the past! What would they do, kick us out? [if only]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:06 am 

I think, that what we're seeing here is mostly spin.

Cameron is trying to spin it so that people thinks - or even better feels - that he is a committed eurosceptic. He needs that to energize his right wing base and the right wing of the electorate.

It doesn't matter if his pronouncements have any basis in reality - only that they evoke the proper feelings in the audience.

Didn't he work in political advertising before he went 100 % into politics?

So what we're seeing is a political branding effort - not anything that has anything to do with the concrete budget (where I suspect that David Cameron is also in favor of a 6+ % increase).

Of course even viewed as a spin effort it doesn't appear to succeed - but as a long term branding effort it actually might, which is why it's important for you British to call him on it also in the old media

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:07 am 

There is a lot of spectacular stupidity around these days, but Cameron must be a sui generis in this respect. When I wrote a comment on the "turd" thread the night before, I was thinking of adding a note that it all could end with Mr C coming back to London waiving a note saying "see what I got". But then I thought, no, not even he could be that stupid. That should teach me...never ever underestimate the stupidity of our establishment.

And, here you are, copied from THE ANGLO SAXON CHRONICLE: A piece of paper in his time (or as a commenter noted: Poverty in our Time).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:21 am 
Site Admin

I have to admit, I'm struggling with this. Even with my low opinion of Cameron, it is difficult to believe that he could be quite so stupid as to put himself out on such an obvious and perilous limb. His only possible salvation is that the media does not report the final budget agreement. If the parliament actually makes the higher figure stick, Cameron is going to look very stupid indeed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:56 am 

Quote:
Effectively, he has climbed out on the most exposed limb he can find and now seems to be offering invitations to anyone who wants to saw it off.

.... With neither exaggeration nor hyperbole, one can truly say that the man is plumbing new depths.

If Cameron has driven North into an apoplexy of mixed metaphor, things have come to a pretty pass.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next