Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: No puzzle!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 am 
Site Admin

You have to smile, even if it is through gritted teeth, at the confusion of The Daily Telegraph. The poor darlings have turned to Michael Barone to tell them why American voters have gone so sour on Barack Obama's Democratic party. "It's a question that must puzzle many in Britain who - Conservative as well as Labour and Lib Dem - welcomed Obama's election two years ago and saw him leading America and the world into broad, sunlit uplands," he says.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: No puzzle!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:29 am 

Tampering with safety-valves can be lethal.
Our cocksure ruling elite should be quaking in their ballet pumps & will certainly rue the day eventually....but, as always, when things get really nasty, there will, unfortunately, be a lot of collateral damage PDT_Armataz_02_31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 am 

Whilst agreeing with you on the need for revolotion, and it is the only way - it won't happen. At least not for a long time. Some things need to happen - a leader or small group need to present a common goal that people can rally behind - enough 'common' people need to start the ball rolling (peaceful civil unrest) - and a big enough swathe of people need to have less to lose by revolution than by apathy.

This last is the hardest - until the English (might be the Celts who start first though) suffer enough financially, nothing will happen. I for one would love to be part of a (peaceful) revolution that results in self goverance for England but until i lose my job and all my savings i can't risk anything. That's where they have us, by the balls - the middle/working classes can't afford to lose what jobs they have, the jobless on the welfare can get all the satellite football, soaps and boob jobs they need so they won't risk losing that - and the less the police do the more crime will top-up any shortfall.

I am sorely depressed for my once great county - the best people to organise change, MP's, judicary, military are the very ones complicit in our betrayal.

That said - is there a yearning for 'England' - whatever that may be? Do we need an independant military? Maybe our government should be based in Brussels/Strasbourg? Perhaps the EU is the way forward? Do the peoples of this Isle actaully care anymore or are Facebook and X-Factor all that's important? I don't know anymore but i do know the ruling elite have no ones interests at heart but their own and i'd rather be the 52nd US state than have anything to do with our European 'friends'.

Bill Watterson (Calvin - It's a Magical World")

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm 

I completely agree that our electoral system does not work. Run of the mill MP's don't give a stuff about us, what we want or what we think. What matters to them is having the Party name after their name come election day. In the USA people can make a difference through the primaries so politicians occasionally have to perform more than lip service to the electorate and the electorate can become motivated to try and effect change from within the system, unlike here.

Outside a few maverick MP's our MP's have been whipped into uselessness. Most of them may as well not bother, just wheel a cardboard cut-out through divisions while they sit at home and wait for their index linked pensions, expenses claims and outside consultancies to pave the way to the riches they crave.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]