Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Local politics
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

It is not for me to intrude on private grief, but what the hell is going on in Tower Hamlets?

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Local politics
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:02 pm 

This is the most important story of the month. More important than the cuts to the armed services? Two aircraft carriers won't prevent this happening again. I spotted this brewing up weeks ago, Ken Livingstone will be far more of a problem to Labour than Peter Mandelson ever was, it's even going to cause the coalition problems. Ed Miliband is too weak to deal with Livingstone and the unions who backed EMili won't know which way to turn.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

In2minds wrote:
This is the most important story of the month. More important than the cuts to the armed services? Two aircraft carriers won't prevent this happening again. I spotted this brewing up weeks ago, Ken Livingstone will be far more of a problem to Labour than Peter Mandelson ever was, it's even going to cause the coalition problems. Ed Miliband is too weak to deal with Livingstone and the unions who backed EMili won't know which way to turn.

To be watched, methinks. Tower Hamlets has a long history of troublemaking, and has caused national politicians no end of grief.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:06 pm 

A turn out of 25% and how many were postal votes?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:41 pm 

As well as having to pay these corrupt, lying bastards the council taxpayer also has to fork out for their whooping £1/2 million electric bill for the town hall.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:06 am 

Not sure I get the gyst of it all, rather complexI 'd say. There's probably more going on than those not in Tower Hamlets are aware of. BUT: It appears to me that the guy accused of vote rigging has rigged the vote PDT_Armataz_01_03

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:18 am 

There was a very unfunny comedy series on ITV, about forty five years ago, titled Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width, in which two incompetent tailors managed to pass off their efforts by distracting the customer's attention from their failure to provide what they'd undertaken to produce by pointing out some unwanted and wholly spurious benefit. I don't know about other contributors to this forum but I feel immeasurably enriched by the participation in our political process of people with a repellently alien way of doing business.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:32 am 

Not being familiar with UK politics, all I understood was that Muslim candidates rigged polls.

Now that is familiar! Reminds me of 99% votes for Saddam.

Voters are fickle, so it is reassuring to remove uncertainty from politics.

Mr. W continues to roll over and play dead.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]