Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: On being prepared
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Almost every one of the people I talked to yesterday – and it was quite a few – raised spontaneously the story of Ed Miliband and his brother, but in terms of speaking dismissively of the media treating it as a "soap opera". Nevertheless, that is how the media deals with its affairs, reducing everything it can to the lowest intellectual level, revelling in the trivia and the drama, oblivious to the important issues and, most often, not even beginning to understand them.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: On being prepared
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 pm 

I don't know about mass street protest. More likely the denouement will be the witholding of tax until government restores its power of representation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

fieldnorth wrote:
I don't know about mass street protest. More likely the denouement will be the witholding of tax until government restores its power of representation.

Nothing to stop you doing both.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 pm 

Fear will stop most doing either.

[RN Fan 1A]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm 

You comment about government getting in the way of our lives. Yesterday I saw my local council do the equivalent of printing money (my money) when I went to register my mother's death. I needed a dozen copies of the death certicate which were duly run off on a printer in front off me at a cost of £3.50 per copy. The local treasurer, formerly called the Registrar, signed them and accepted my credit card. There was a free sheet to send to the Department of (no) Work and Pensions.

We need to mobilise against them, but how is that to be done?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:14 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
it is The Daily Mail which provides the most colourful coverage of the strikes and violence sweeping Europe

The Mail did not mention that the Greek government is passing a law to compel the trucker owner-operators to work. Also, Bulgarian trucks have have been shot at.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:18 pm 

Excellent point. Numbers on the street will count. I fear we have passed the point of rational discourse. I do hope we never come to the point of siezing power by the point of a gun, as in my experience of countries where that is the route to power the only way power is released is again at the point of another gun - witness the endless misery and cruelty of the 'third world.'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:37 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
fieldnorth wrote:

Nothing to stop you doing both.

The PAYE system?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:03 pm 

What you've yet to grasp is that in Whiteland where nearly two-thirds of white British (58%) live away from signs of immigrants, in lower violent crime regions (in 81.3% of the land area of Britain), people don't experience the negative effects of many stupid policies of our rulers. Whiteland is not only still functioning as normal but getting better from the perspective of its inhabitants and those who are desperate to get out of Brownland.

In the Mediterranean the rural areas are poorer than the rural areas in Northern Europe. The city has comparatively more value and the elites don't want it to be trashed. So when the economy goes *plop* pissed off individuals make their way to the city and try to wreak havoc, along with the ubiquitous students who don't expect to get a job.

Just like ClubMed were not structurally suitable for the Euro with the Northern countries expect ClubMed to respond differently to crisis than the Northern countries.

Are these richer, rural people going to come into the city to protest? Unlikely, not when they'll always be more comfortably off and be buying lower priced essentials than those in the city and don't have to commute because the EU is wiring up their businesses to super-fast broadband.

Key question for us is: how is the protest dynamic going to work in this country when the rich people live in rural areas and the poor close to, or on the edge of the cities, much of which are already trashed? The fact the suffering protesters live closer to the city may make it easier for local authorities to impose local curfews as they do to control North African immigrants near Paris.

Are we going to get the French immigrant (rather than French farmer) protest model, only with the British white underclass instead of immigrants?

What needs to happen is to get through to the denizens of Whiteland that they will suffer too from the political status quo. If you compare the map below with the election map you will see these Whitelanders are Conservative and Liberal voters. How do those suffering in the cities get through to them?

Here's the map.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:04 pm 

London (Poll Tax), Brixton, Toxteth and Paris banlieues are cases where an admixture of low IQ and high testosterone led to riots. Who can predict what will spark off the next mob action?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:27 pm 

therewaslight wrote:
Are these richer, rural people going to come into the city to protest?

You must have missed the Countryside Alliance protests a few years back then. They're hurting too. An uneasy truce seems to have been settled on where the Government claim fox hunting isn't happening, whilst the hunts themselves continue. The foxes have also decided to move into the cities. You must remember the baby mauling case this summer, and I see them every night walking my dog in West London.

It's probably true that being in the country it's easier to escape the clutches of the state, so the stupid legislation does less harm, because it's less enforced, but it's getting harder all the time, and the sheer volume of it will cause problems.

Broadband is a dual edged sword; it'll allow city dwellers to move to the country and still maintain their businesses, forcing up the prices of local housing, which the rural poor won't be able to afford. Exacerbating an already difficult situation.

There are curfews in force in large parts of West London, it's already here.

http://www.activealing.com/News/detail/ ... y-495.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:13 pm 

IanReid wrote:
therewaslight wrote:
Are these richer, rural people going to come into the city to protest?

You must have missed the Countryside Alliance protests a few years back then. They're hurting too.

Haven't the land owners now got into wind farms though?

Quote:
An uneasy truce seems to have been settled on where the Government claim fox hunting isn't happening, whilst the hunts themselves continue.

That obviously helps too.

Quote:
The foxes have also decided to move into the cities. You must remember the baby mauling case this summer, and I see them every night walking my dog in West London.

Perhaps they'll eat all the rats going after the recycled food bins.

Quote:
It's probably true that being in the country it's easier to escape the clutches of the state, so the stupid legislation does less harm, because it's less enforced, but it's getting harder all the time, and the sheer volume of it will cause problems.

Broadband is a dual edged sword; it'll allow city dwellers to move to the country and still maintain their businesses, forcing up the prices of local housing, which the rural poor won't be able to afford. Exacerbating an already difficult situation.

Who cares about the rural poor? They can move to the city - the rich are moving in. A LOT of millionaires live in Cornwall, they are attracted by the climate, the restaurants, the yachting the lack of non-white people, the super-fast broadband...

Quote:
There are curfews in force in large parts of West London, it's already here.

http://www.activealing.com/News/detail/ ... y-495.html

Another reason for those with any money to get out of the cities... sharpening the divide between Brownland and Whiteland. The first instinct of those who escape is not revolution but to maintain control over the unruly cities using force.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:04 pm 

So what is your wish list then Herr Doktor?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:35 pm 

The majority will get more fractious about their wallets ,taxes and declining services than they will about sovereignty, rights and outside interference.

You want to make they EU unpopular ? Point out the costs and then the specific costs to an individual.

There is no other way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 pm 

Any chance we could trade our police and army with those in Ecuador?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next