Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Queenie – meet Charlie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:16 am 
Site Admin

The Queen asked ministers for money to heat Buckingham Palace from a fund reserved for low-income families, it has been revealed. Royal aides pleaded for the cash as they claimed gas and electricity bills had risen by more than 50 percent in a year - totalling more than £1million. They thus complained that the £15m government grant to cover the Queen's palaces was inadequate and her energy bills had become "untenable".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Queenie – meet Charlie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:03 pm 

She foreswore her coronation oath when she gave royal assent to the Lisbon Treaty and all the crap it represented. Now our unconstitutional monarch is reaping what she sowed.

Let them burn corgis...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:35 pm 

Given that street lights are being switched off by local councils to save money / the environment perhaps we could put them to another, more useful, purpose.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:19 pm 

I'm sure a windmill and some solar panels on the roofs of these various residences would make a world of difference. I'm surprised Charles hasn't mentioned it. She could sell the surplus to the grid and make a contribution to the fund for low-income families.................

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

comet wrote:
I'm sure a windmill and some solar panels on the roofs of these various residences would make a world of difference. I'm surprised Charles hasn't mentioned it. She could sell the surplus to the grid and make a contribution to the fund for low-income families.................

She seems to think she is a low-income family.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:30 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
comet wrote:

Relative poverty?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

comet wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
comet wrote:

Relative poverty?

Certainly plenty of relatives.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:52 pm 

HRH should grasp the nettle and choose sensible and rational solutions to her energy deficit. A waste incinerator at Buckingham Palace, with the first load being Charlie.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

gareth wrote:
HRH should grasp the nettle and choose sensible and rational solutions to her energy deficit. A waste incinerator at Buckingham Palace, with the first load being Charlie.

Failing that, I'm sure Charlie grows timber on his estates. Can't he spare a few logs for his old mum?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:25 pm 

I don't think Betty spends too much time herself trying to balance the household budget &, knowing what bad press such a request would have made, she is smart enough not to have made it.
Palace officials, on the other hand, are only concerned with their jobs. They are, of course, gumment employees....and care little about Betty's reputation & are happy to let the public opprobrium fall on her for any crass stupidity of theirs.
Just saying.
I have, however, as much sympathy for Betty as I have for the rest of the elite...together they have betrayed our nation; successive administrations by simply being traitors (in the hanging, drawing & quartering category) and HM by acquiescing & breaking her solemn oath to her people.
In my book, she & her gumments deserve nothing but contempt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:28 pm 

Prince Brian really is a knob isn't he? Any man who would climb over Princess Diana to get to Camilla really can't be all there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:44 pm 

JohnFSK wrote:
Prince Brian really is a knob isn't he? Any man who would climb over Princess Diana to get to Camilla really can't be all there.

As useful as a windmill without blades.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:28 pm 

Oh Oh Oh................Welcome back, Prashant PDT_Armataz_01_37
Do try and stay around and give us some Eastern wisdom...but not building expertise, please.

Diana: My goodness, some of you guys obviously fell for the fluttering lashes!...I've been around such witches; married one once...idiot. Remember the old Calypso?
"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife."
....nor any opportunistic rattlesnake...in St.Di's case, never was the saying that beauty is skin-deep more true.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:05 pm 

Di was the epitome of " to take, and not to count the cost".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:49 pm 

Sorry chaps, but Camilla's a two bagger. What's the point of going over the side with an old boot like that? The man's not got the sense he was born with.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next